• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win Arsenal 4 - 2 Leicester City | Saturday 13th August 2022 | KO: 15:00 BST

Status
Not open for further replies.

giphy.gif

Spirit BOMB to these Foxes. Same team as below:

1660256206948.png

0799E111-2AF2-4BAC-807F-FAE8473D734B.jpeg

Post match, Teta needs to make A-M happy and bring out the stash of Snickers & Twix for their boy Youri Michelin as a sweetener:

EyDirzXXAAAOL7w

Got a feeling that Gabby Jesus is going to cook in this one.

I’ll say 3-0 🔴⚪

Last edited by a moderator:

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Posted Ødegaard and Mes, 2 quality "number 10s" showing Leicester how it's done...with that theme, have to end the nostalgia in this thread with THE number 10...

...loved how Highbury was perfectly set up for teams to park the bus against us due to it's small size, but we were so good that we still ripped everyone apart there...Arsenal at our very best!

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Posted Ødegaard and Mes, 2 quality "number 10s" showing Leicester how it's done...with that theme, have to end the nostalgia in this thread with THE number 10...

...loved how Highbury was perfectly set up for teams to park the bus against us due to it's small size, but we were so good that we still ripped everyone apart there...Arsenal at our very best!

Love how Parlour just effortlessly ****s it in the top corner with his left foot

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
From The Foxes Talk
We’ll start incredibly slow and be 2-0 down after 20 minutes. Have a rally just after the break. Won’t score. Arsenal will either see it through comfortably or score a third. We’ll have some saying that there are positives in our 20 minute rally so back the manager. Ignore the other 70 minutes.
4-0 easiest game of the season for Arsenal
Ok we'll concede at least 2. Can we score more than that?

The answer is no.

Let's just notch this down as a loss and move on. If we keep it as low as 4 we've done well.
I predict a 3-0 loss.

Only because this is the strongest Arsenal team in many, many years.
If they're motivated in any way then we'll lose. The moment we're pressed or the opposition raises the tempo we have no answers.
Guaranteed Arsenal win. By at least 3. Jesus first goal for Arsenal guaranteed too. Saliba as well for good measure.
Can't really see anything other than a defeat I'm afraid. But if it takes us a step closer to seeing the back of Rodgers then so be it. The only way we are going to see the promised 'refresh' before the next transfer window opens is with a new coach.
I think we’ll get hammered 4 or 5 nil…..I know so many Arsenal fans and just fear it could get embarrassing 😳
Let's face it Arsenal are one of our biggest bogey sides and we've won once away there since the early 70s. Even if by some miracle we get ahead in the game far better and more resilient Leicester city teams have folded at arse when we've tried to cling on to a win/draw and our current side has the backbone of a jellyfish. Defeat by at least 2 goals imo.
Wasn't that convinced by them vs Palace, but we're hardly in astonishing form. Would take a score draw right now.
Be great if we can get a result from this game they always celebrate like they’ve won the title when they get a result over us, I’m normally positive about Leicester but the way the Brentford game we went 2-0 up and could have lost I can’t really see a positive result from this other than a loss but I’m all for a KDH stunner a Vardy pi55 take around the defence to tap in, a Maddison screamer a Danny Ward clean sheet ?!
We’ve all supported us long enough to know how this is going to go.

-Start incredibly slowly, arsenal all over us first 20 mins.
-Arsenal score around 25 minute mark, we finish the half incredibly passively, not getting near them and chasing shadows.
-Half time.
-From 50-60 mins we actually look remotely half arsed and manage a few shots on target, giving us faint hope we’ll get back into the game.

-65 mins, Arsenal goal from a corner.
-89 mins, as BR looks to make his first sub of the match Arsenal get a third on the counter
Arsenal will start quickly and put us under immediate pressure. History tells us we won't get through this period without conceding but if we can then I reckon we still carry enough of a threat to beat them.
There isn't a ground we collapse at more than this place either. I'd be absolutely amazed if we won. I just cannot see it. We're chalk and cheese with the feel about the clubs at the minute. Reminds me a little bit of when we played them in November 2019 - just knew we'd win that game. I feel the boots on the other foot this time.
I'm going to inject some positivity into this thread and say we will only lose by about 3 goals. Dont think we'll lose by more, depends if Rodgers uses any subs.
Arsenal are a different beast now and have recruited well during the summer. They will pile into us from every direction and we will just capitulate. Brendan will look for excuses. Rinse and repeat.
I think we’ll score.

They'll just score more.

Like a lot of our away games last season

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
We'll smoke them with joga bonito at the carpet. Potential draw when it comes to goals but we'll win the nutmegs.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Wasn't Leicester away, Emery last league game here?

Time for Arsenal away, to be Rodgers'...Arteta needs to avenge the superior Spaniard here, need a BIG win!

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Smith-Rowe
Wasn't Leicester away, Emery last league game here?

Time for Arsenal away, to be Rodgers'...Arteta needs to avenge the superior Spaniard here, need a BIG win!
I think his last was the Southampton draw where Laca scored a last minute equalizer and just stood in shock or something. Nobody celebrated.

Andrew Cole Linighan

Player:Saka
Sorry, without doing any research, who is Leicester City's goalkeeper now? 🧤⚽🥅🟦⬜ Kasper Schmeichel is now at Nice.🇨🇵 Kasper was like part of the furniture at Leicester, a bit like Jamie Vardy. Wonder who will replace Vardy, (whenever the situation arises).

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Sorry, without doing any research, who is Leicester City's goalkeeper now? 🧤⚽🥅🟦⬜ Kasper Schmeichel is now at Nice.🇨🇵 Kasper was like part of the furniture at Leicester, a bit like Jamie Vardy. Wonder who will replace Vardy, (whenever the situation arises).

They have Danny Ward who is a talented goalkeeper, but they've just signed Alex Smithies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom