• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal vs Lincoln City Sat 11/3/17 17:30 GMT | FA Cup Quarter final, BT Sport 2

What will be the result of this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
nah, ideally we beat Sp**s in the semi-final, then Mourinho in the final. Wenger ends his career ending his hoodoo.
What hoodoo, didn't Wenger beat him in the 2015 Charity Shield match ;)

Gegen Pressing

Ideally we beat Utd in the semi finals just to see a pissed off Jose only to be topped by beating Sp**s in final.
and WIN (Wenger IN ... WEXIT no more)
So i confess i was the first rat to jump ship it was hard to keep calm but then i might lurk around a little while longer ...just in case.

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Player:Saka
I love how Arsenal fans are so defensive over Arsène Wenger. It's like, we have the right to call him an aging fossil who is passed his best, but if anyone else does we get all offended. It's like that one friend who is a bit stupid at times, you call him stupid to his face as well, but if anyone else does that who you don't like you deck them one.

Last edited:

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
We beat lincoln and were gonna win the cup, WENGER IN!!!
Arsenal's confidence came back with FA Cup win, says Arsène Wenger

"When the confidence was there in the second half, our quality came back.

"The team was unjustifiably criticised for our last game against Bayern Munich because we had an outstanding game.

"The game was killed not by the fault of the players but we have to look at the bigger perspective.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/39246110

We're back & we're going to win the cup!!

I'm going to book a holiday to Arsène's parallel universe where everything smells & tastes good and comes up roses...

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Player:Saka
I'm going to book a holiday to Arsène's parallel universe where everything smells & tastes good and comes up roses...

I imagine in such a universe we won on that night in Paris. Our stadium move was flawlessly done and we won a couple of titles during that time. Cole, RVP and Fabregas never left on bad terms. Eduardo was never injured and Mourinho's hoodoo over Wenger was a small blip on the radar.

What a wonderful world that would be.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Arsenal's confidence came back with FA Cup win, says Arsène Wenger

"When the confidence was there in the second half, our quality came back.

"The team was unjustifiably criticised for our last game against Bayern Munich because we had an outstanding game.

"The game was killed not by the fault of the players but we have to look at the bigger perspective.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/39246110

We're back & we're going to win the cup!!

Unbelievable stuff. Problem is if any of the players actually believe this crap. Abject capitulation becomes outstanding game... Orwell couldn't have written it better.

Lincoln against us yesterday was very similar to us against Bayern. Only we were Bayern yesterday and Lincoln during the week. They held up quite well for 45 mins. then started falling apart and when they tried to get back in, then we just cut through them like butter. Just like Bayern did to us.

That so many here don't seem to see it or want to see it that way and that Wenger doesn't either. Baffling to me honestly. I even don't want to joke about it. It's too depressing right now.

Optimistic

Well unfortunately I missed the game when it was live so I had to watch a replay. My impressions:
  • I had heard from fellow Arsenal fans that Ramsey had a bad game. Personally I disagree. He put in some nice tackles, he pressed well, he always made himself available for a pass and he got a goal. In general though his finishing has become absolutely dire! Some laughable shots "at goal." Come on Rambo, step it up.
  • Özil played deeper and with a bit less freedom to roam and we looked a lot better for it. Who would have thought having an extra body in midfield would help us control the game better. Fascinating however that Ox got the start over him though. I guess we'll see how that pans out.
  • Considering everyone has been begging for him to be in the team, I thought Lucas looked crap, quite frankly. Totally toothless, struggled to get the ball out from under his feet in front of goal. Not what you want from a striker at all. If he wants to start games he's going to have to do a lot better than that.
Overall we had a good second half but who cares really. I mean we really should be eating teams like Lincoln for breakfast anyway. Hopefully this is a much needed confidence boost for the lads and we can get back to winning ways in the league.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
I'd loke Millwall in the final and a routine win for us as in 2015. I'd hate to lose to any of the big boys on the final.

The cup would be nice but to validate it we need to beat the big boys on the way. We've won the lottery so far really. Nobody cares who you beat along the way, if you win the trophy, but we've been given such an easy ride to the 1/2 finals

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

You can say we had a great performance because we won five nil. Most will pass over the first half and our deflected goal and reflect on the scoreline. Easy. Much in the same way people will look at our Bayern scorelines and think absolutely abysmal.

Imagine that a scoreline influencing the perception of a performance.

BobP

Memri Fan
The cup would be nice but to validate it we need to beat the big boys on the way. We've won the lottery so far really. Nobody cares who you beat along the way, if you win the trophy, but we've been given such an easy ride to the 1/2 finals

Really? I've never been concerned by stuff like that. I'd have no problems facing off against a team like Accrington Stanley, guaranteed cup win.

In the context of this season, Wenger winning the FA Cup would be a nice little send off as it would make us the club with the most wins.

Kobi

I Know Who You Are
Chris Sutton commentary highlights:drool:

F*ckng hell, first time I've heard that (thankfully).

"Lincoln can take inspiration from Barcelona's performance the other night"
Yeah endless parallels between the best team on the planet turning round a two legged Champions League tie and a National League side in the F.A Cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom