• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal vs Lincoln City Sat 11/3/17 17:30 GMT | FA Cup Quarter final, BT Sport 2

What will be the result of this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Chris Sutton commentary highlights:drool:
Think we have to accept that everyone except Arsenal fans wanted Lincoln to win. They were the absolute underdog and if they would have beaten us it would have been the big story of the weekend and the FA Cup. So just block it out. It is actually more a compliment to us that the commentators are piling in so hard right now. Think many envy us our success and class as an organisation.

Optimistic

Most will pass over the first half and our deflected goal and reflect on the scoreline.
Why does everyone use the word "deflected" like it's a dirty word? If you kick a ball hard enough into bodies there's a good chance it will bounce favorably and end up in the back of the net. That doesn't make it less of a goal, it just makes it a bit uglier. I guess there is an element of luck involved but you're playing the odds, like with any shot.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
The cup would be nice but to validate it we need to beat the big boys on the way. We've won the lottery so far really. Nobody cares who you beat along the way, if you win the trophy, but we've been given such an easy ride to the 1/2 finals
I hear what you're saying but people detract from us regardless. Even our unbeaten season is belittled in quarters. I'd rather people comment on an easy win than glory for ages in our defeat to another decent club. Just winning is all that matters atm.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I love how Arsenal fans are so defensive over Arsène Wenger. It's like, we have the right to call him an aging fossil who is past his best, but if anyone else does we get all offended. It's like that one friend who is a bit stupid at times, you call him stupid to his face as well, but if anyone else does that who you don't like you deck them one.
It's like family. I hate outsiders talking about any on of us negatively even if it's true.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Really? I've never been concerned by stuff like that. I'd have no problems facing off against a team like Accrington Stanley, guaranteed cup win.

In the context of this season, Wenger winning the FA Cup would be a nice little send off as it would make us the club with the most wins.
Normally I wouldn't but this season it seems that we need that moreso as we've been dogshite against any decent team. Yes, a nice send off for Arsène & great for the club but even better if we beat one of our rivals in the process, otherwise for me, it's been completely devalued due to the easy peezy path we've had to the 1/2 finals.

However, we're going to have to play one of the big boys in the 1/2final or the final so the point is really moot.

Arsène can beat Jose in the final and ride off into the sunset..............a great ending to a miserable chapter.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
arsenal.jpg

:eek:

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
A win, as expected, hopefully we build up some form for the League now.

I doubt we'll get past the Semis here, but we'll see.
Wemberley!

Lookin' for a new Baby

New name pending...
Why does everyone use the word "deflected" like it's a dirty word? If you kick a ball hard enough into bodies there's a good chance it will bounce favorably and end up in the back of the net. That doesn't make it less of a goal, it just makes it a bit uglier. I guess there is an element of luck involved but you're playing the odds, like with any shot.
Lampard made it an art at Chelsea, he was praised for it!!! We beat the babies of football, we were never going to win.

karl

Lampard made it an art at Chelsea, he was praised for it!!! We beat the babies of football, we were never going to win.
Surely this Arsenal team has been criticised for trying to score perfect goals and now people are unhappy about deflections? Nobody is complaining about Barca winning ugly and cheating to get past PSG.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Still can't quite get behind the whole "we're going to Wembley!" for a semi-final :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

In 1997/98 we became English champions as I had set myself three missions to carry out which I felt were essential. One: to have an impact on the result and the team's playing style. Two: to foster the player's individual development. Three: to strengthen the structure of the club and enhance its global influence.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom