• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal vs. Milan - Player ratings

arsmile

Established Member
jens- 8- faultless, couple of saves, commanding, good throwng, and for him his kicking wasnt as bad as it usually is, especially considering he had a lot of back passes to deal with

sagna-7.5- did well just to play and was very solid

gallas-7- good

senderos-9- won every header, made some great tackles

clichy-8- i think he is the player we miss most when he dosent play- really

eboue-8- a different player to saturday, dynamic and strong, unluckily booked for having a reputation

cesc-8- some great long passes to ade, and assured defensivly

flamini-8.5- ran the midfield

eduardo-6- did a competant job on the left, do well without excelling

hleb-7- played well, lost possesion a couple of times but generally did what he usually does

ade-6.5- fantastic all night, but i am deducting 1.5 for missing an open goal in the 94th minute......

theo- 8- came on and did in 2 minutes more than he has done since november

bendtner-6- won some headers, had a couple of shots

Gurgen

Established Member
Jens 8
Sagna 7
Gallas 7
Phil 8
Clichy 7
Eboue 8
Cesc 7
Flamini 7
Hleb 8
Eduardo 5
Ade 5

Lukazan

Established Member
Jens - 7 Very assured display, and what a throw.. :lol:

Sagna - 7 - Solid Sagna, good game.

Gallas - 6 Steady enough.
Senderos - 8 A rock, as he has been ever since Kolo left. Well done Phil, keep it up!

Clichy - 5 Annoyed me last night with his constant first time crossing, often when Adebayor wasn't even in the box. Would have been better to take a touch and go from there some of the time.

Eboue - 6.5 A decent display but should have scored.

Hleb - 7 Not quite as influential going forward as I'd like but still had a good game. Some of our best chances came from clever play by Hleb.

Fabregas - 8 Stepped up for the big game and put in a great display. One pass to Flamini was breath-taking, and I also remember a lovely bit of skill to skin two Milan players in the middle of the park.

Flamini - 8 Although he's been great in the league there were some doubts about how he'd do in the CL against a really top class midfield - not anymore. Ran it.

Ade - 4 Frustrated me. Poor first touch, caught offside clumsily, failed to make a simple pass to Cesc which would have led to a goal and missed a sitter.

Edu - 4 Wenger. Eduardo. Left Wing. No more. Please.

Bendtner - 6 Had an impact.
Walcott - 6.5 Great cross for Adebayor. Felt he could have come on 5 or even 10 minutes earlier.

ricky1985

Established Member
Lukazan said:
Jens - 7 Very assured display, and what a throw.. :lol:

Sagna - 7 - Solid Sagna, good game.

Gallas - 6 Steady enough.
Senderos - 8 A rock, as he has been ever since Kolo left. Well done Phil, keep it up!

Clichy - 5 Annoyed me last night with his constant first time crossing, often when Adebayor wasn't even in the box. Would have been better to take a touch and go from there some of the time.

Eboue - 6.5 A decent display but should have scored.

Hleb - 7 Not quite as influential going forward as I'd like but still had a good game. Some of our best chances came from clever play by Hleb.

Fabregas - 8 Stepped up for the big game and put in a great display. One pass to Flamini was breath-taking, and I also remember a lovely bit of skill to skin two Milan players in the middle of the park.

Flamini - 8 Although he's been great in the league there were some doubts about how he'd do in the CL against a really top class midfield - not anymore. Ran it.

Ade - 4 Frustrated me. Poor first touch, caught offside clumsily, failed to make a simple pass to Cesc which would have led to a goal and missed a sitter.

Edu - 4 Wenger. Eduardo. Left Wing. No more. Please.

Bendtner - 6 Had an impact.
Walcott - 6.5 Great cross for Adebayor. Felt he could have come on 5 or even 10 minutes earlier.

I was just about to do my ratings. But I agree with virtually every word of yours Lukazan so I wont bother.

One thing - Why the feck didnt Wenger bring Theo Walcott on earlier?

Mostarac

Established Member
Lehmann 7, Clichy 6, Gallas 7, Senderos 8, Sagna 6, Hleb 6, Cesc 7, Flamini 7, Eboue 7, Eduardo 5 and Adebayor 8.

Sammer

Established Member
Mostarac said:
Lehmann 7, Clichy 6, Gallas 7, Senderos 8, Sagna 6, Hleb 6, Cesc 7, Flamini 7, Eboue 7, Eduardo 5 and Adebayor 8.

Adbayor 8 is quite supportive, considering that horribly timed pass to Cesc and that miss-of-the-century.

Webdesignlab

Established Member
Flamini, Sagna, Clichy Senderos .... what a team they were. I love them.

Cesc was awesome. Hleb made them look old.

Man, only the strikers were a bit off. We really deserved the goal that never came.

Did Kaka play? That was a null and voided dude.

Mostarac

Established Member
Sammer said:
Adbayor 8 is quite supportive, considering that horribly timed pass to Cesc and that miss-of-the-century.

I felt he deserved a high rating for the work he put down upfront where he was basically leading our attack on his own at times. He also created many problems for their defence on his own, that should not be under-rated.

Sammer

Established Member
Mostarac said:
Sammer said:

I felt he deserved a high rating for the work he put down upfront where he was basically leading our attack on his own at times. He also created many problems for their defence on his own, that should not be under-rated.

If Adebayor was an 8, then Cesc, Jens and Phil deserve a 16.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Lehmann 7
Sagna 6.5
Senderos 8
Gallas 7.5
Clichy 7.5
Flamini 8
Cesc 7
Hleb 7
Eboue 7
Eduardo 5
Adebayor 6 (Would have been higher had he not missed that chance)

AliBabaBrewer

Lehmann - 8
Looked good and actually a little reassuring in goal.

Sagna - 7
Made some good runs up and defensively worked well

Gallas - 6
I didn't actually notice him that much, as Senderos seemed to do more than him

Toure - N/A
Injured by being hit with the ball

Clichy - 7
Did well offensively, but crosses seemed largely ineffective

Eboue - 7
I thought he had a good game. Got through quite a few players, but as usual, has no finishing product. Booked for diving. As usual.

Fabregas - 8
First game I've seen in months where he looked back to his old self

Flamini - 8
Was everywhere and gave Gattuso a run for his money. Well, more than that..

Hleb - 7
Wasn't as effective as I'd hope and just doesn't have the confident scoring mentality

Eduardo - 5
Almost anonymous and did nothing. Although in fairness was out of position and should've played up front.

Adebayor - 6
Again didn't look 100% amazing as lone striker. Still really needs someone to play off, but still did well. Missed a terrible chance at the end.

Senderos - 8
Came on and was our most dependable. New favourite player. Bit of a Jekyll & Hyde. Pony when he doesn't get a run of games, but great when he does.

Bendtner - 5
Would've been more worthwhile moving Eduardo up front to help Adebayor

Walcott - 7
One run with the ball but almost managed to set up a goal

True Gooner

Established Member
quincy42 said:
I have to go with Banduan. Hleb was playing football from another planet. My views:

Lehmann : 8
- commanded his area. throw to Ade was one of only two good long balls we had all night.

Touré : incomplete

Senderos : 8
- had a top night. one pass went awry, but he completely shut out Pato.

Gallas : 7
- largely composed. was a bit too adventurous for my liking, but I guess he realised Milan weren't likely to attack much.

Clichy : 7
- a big step-up from Traore. The kid just blew past Oddo on a few occasions, and stopped Milan attacks on his flank.

Sagna : 7
- was adventurous, able to thread passes from right flank

Flamini : 9
- becoming the soul of this Arsenal team. He took Kaka out of the game, and was still able to contribute offensively. That shoulder fake/turn in the Milan box was exceptional.

Fabregas : 8
- had the other good long ball. great work rate, played with a lot of freedom and put himself in dangerous areas.

Eboue : 8
- played like the man he can be. can't complain about the tumble that earned a yellow card. aggressive.

Hleb : 9
- i always feel like Hleb is a slow player, but his ability to blow past defenders is stunning. this guy is our biggest big game player right now.

Eduardo : 5
- a real lump. that shot that went to the corner flag summed up his woeful night.

Adebayor : 6
- isolated. We wasted time in first half with longballs to him. We should've built with carpet football. Was let down by poor service, a spotty first touch, and the inability to head down a ball on the goal line. Worked hard though.

Wenger : 7
Organised his team well. Was brave enough to attack, and still got defensive commitment. He should've prevented his charges from sending hundreds of longballs to Ade. We were just turning over the ball. Kept Eduardo on for too long although we were short on options. Might've been worth bringing on Walcott earlier to finish off an Oddo who'd been run ragged by Clichy.

Brilliant analysis.

Agreed with everything you just said

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Lehmann - 7
Sagna - 8
Gallas - 7
Toure - n/a. unlucky injury.
Senderos - 9
Clichy - 7
Cesc - 8, I would have given him a '9' if he delivered set-pieces much better
Flamini - 8
Hleb -7
Eboue - 7
Eduardo - 7 - played on the left wing again, not his best position. can't complain his workrate though.
Ade - 6

Bendtner - 6
Walcott - 6 - good cross

Wenger - 7 - should take off Eduardo earlier

IBL

Established Member
Lehman 7.5 - vital save early on and good handling and distribution

Sagna 7 - brave and determined performance, never stopped running
Gallas 7 - solid showing
Senderos 8.5 - absolute beast at the back, he's well suited to these games, MotM
Clichy 7.5 - decent defending and kept Milan's right sided players on their toes

Eboue 7 - this is what he'c capable off, constant threat on the right and good work rate
Hleb 7.5 - kept possesion and linked up well
Cesc 7.5 - much improved performance from him, was finding his range and running things in the middle
Flamini 8 - Kept the Arsenal machine ticking over, did extremely well to keep Milan's midfield quiet

Eduardo 6 - worked hard and some good moment but overawed by the occassion
Ade 6.5 - also worked hard but his rough edges showed, enjoyed the way he still wanted the ball and get involved. He'll learn and improve

giuliob

Jens 8.5 Wow, at the 5th minute mark, he threw the ball to Ade....Really impressive....Looked all world.....That corner that went skimming by the front of the goal, that he flicked away...All in all a masterful perfomance...
Sagna 7 - He was more than capable of handling anyone in front of him.....Tenacious, stoic.....We need that.... He picks himself up, dusts himself off and starts all over again....Corny but true....Eboue, learn from him.....
Gallas 7 - He and Phil worked well together....Kept his cool....Some shaky moments...
Senderos 8.5 - Another Wow; aggressive, solid positioning, quick on his feet; ...This was one game where he didn't take sh*t from anyone....He knows what's at stake, and plays like it....
Clichy 7.5 - Decent game; lot of guarding their rabbits; so not too many scintillating runs forward.....But then again, he really started to take off late in the 2nd half...What a pair of fullbacks
Eboue 8 - Sparkling play in the first half...Could take a chapter from Sagna's book on how to conduct yourself during a game....All in all, he surprised me....Tapered off the last half of 2nd half........
Fabregas 7.5 - He didn't hit his stride until half way through the first half, and then gradually started to do some good things...Got more and more dangerous as the game wound down...And his defensive play is AAA...He must use his creativity when he shoots...Too predictable, but that goes for everyone...
Flamini 8-A bulldog; tenacious; gave Kaka plenty to thing about....What a difference he makes in the midfield...
Hleb 7.5 - Wished he would take a shot just once in awhile....Solid effort and he didn't seem to tire at all...
Eduardo 5.5 - Seemed a bit nervous, but as the game wore on he settled in.....Missed a beauty.....
Adebayor 6.5 - Excellent work rate, but you have to convert one of those shots....

Walcott - 6 I liked his energy...He lifted things up and came oh so close with that cross to Ade....
Bendtner - 6

Arsenal Quotes

Nobody has enough talent to live on talent alone. Even when you have talent, a life without work goes nowhere

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom