• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal vs Newcastle. Premier League. 3pm

What will be the result of the match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Great performance from the Arsenal. Aside from Bellerin, Wilshere and Lacazette who were poor, everything else was great. Play like this for the rest of the season and we’ll overtake Yanited imo.
If we played like we played today we won't make the top 4 and as for finishing above Yanited, well I'll take a bet on that now. We won't. I'll pay you by PayPal if we do.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Missed the game but I've seen Özil's screamer. Happy we got three points; three points today makes our last two away draws seem okayish.

On Laca being continually subbed- I think he joined knowing this may be the case. Wenger likes Giroud and wants to give him as many minutes as possible. It's just a shame because in the last 20 mins of games- goals come around.

Someone fill me in quickly on how we played. How was Wilshere?

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
If we played like we played today we won't make the top 4 and as for finishing above Yanited, well I'll take a bet on that now. We won't. I'll pay you by PayPal if we do.
Performances in December don't determine whether or not you can finish in the top 4, as an Arsenal fan you know this. You take the 3 points and move on to the busy Christmas period.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Missed the game but I've seen Özil's screamer. Happy we got three points; three points today makes our last two away draws seem okayish.

On Laca being continually subbed- I think he joined knowing this may be the case. Wenger likes Giroud and wants to give him as many minutes as possible. It's just a shame because in the last 20 mins of games- goals come around.

We played well just lacking end product , Jack kept the ball moving , missed a sitter :lol: but that's another 90 under his belt .

Plutarch

A comment from Matt Le Tissier on Soccer Saturday - 'Özil's goal impressive not just because of his excellent technique, but also because of the way he anticipated where the Newcastle defender was going to head the ball, and quickly moved into the right position.' Watching it again, he's right - before the defender heads the ball, Özil judges where the ball is going to end up, and moves appropriately. And then it was a great volley.

say yes

forum master baiter

Poor performance honestly, if Newcastle has any quality about them we might have been punished here.

Özil was great, Wilshere and AMN were very good, defence managed not to get tackled on the half way line.

Unfortunately, Sanchez dropped one of his worst ever performances at the Emirates and was booed/jeered off by potions or the crowd. Lacazette sub also led to Wenger being booed.

redanddread

Performances in December don't determine whether or not you can finish in the top 4, as an Arsenal fan you know this. You take the 3 points and move on to the busy Christmas period.
Maybe, I'm looking at the bigger picture though. We've been consistently unproductive this season. Our goal difference shows it. Be as wasteful as today (as we've been for years) and it'll come back to bite ya. The good thing is that Sp*rs & Liverpool are both dropping points but we're in no way nailed on for 4th and that is the absolute highest I can see us finish. I'm always delighted to be proven wrong if it means Arsenal do well but just can't see it. Still a long way to go and many games over this festive period.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Maybe, I'm looking at the bigger picture though. We've been consistently unproductive this season. Our goal difference shows it. Be as wasteful as today (as we've been for years) and it'll come back to bite ya. The good thing is that Sp*rs & Liverpool are both dropping points but we're in no way nailed on for 4th and that is the absolute highest I can see us finish. I'm always delighted to be proven wrong if it means Arsenal do well but just can't see it. Still a long way to go and many games over this festive period.
89 shots in the last 4 games for just 3 goals.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Yeah agree he had enough chances needs to put away a few .
Look how Mourinho treated Lukaku when he wasn't banging them in. Stuck by him and kept him on the pitch. I get the feeling that taking a player off regardless if he is playing well or not is not good for them. And that's what we are seeing with Lacazette he is lacking confidence and feels doesn't matter if I score a brace or none I'm going off.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
Yes because, UTD. aside we didn't create anything of note. most of our shots in the Southampton & West Ham games were iffy at best.
Yeah, the truth is we don't create many clear chances. For all of our dominance today how many did we have? The goal, Jack's miss and Laca's chip were the only really clear ones. Did we create a really clear chance against West Ham? We hit the post from range, that's all I can remember.

Look at City - fantastic in narrow areas but have so much width. We're narrow and have been for years, makes it difficult for ourselves. Wenger probably watched that and thought "great attacking performance, just unlucky". Nah, we're easy to shut down because we're predictable.

Last edited:

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Yeah, the truth is we don't create many clear chances. For all of our dominance today how many did we have? The goal, Jack's miss and Laca's chip were the only really clear ones. Did we create a really clear chance against West Ham? We hit the post from range, that's all I can remember.
Wilshere missed a good chance but that was about it against West Ham. Horrible unimaginative football

redanddread

Look at City - fantasy in narrow areas but have so much width. We're narrow and have been for years, makes it difficult for ourselves. Wenger probably watched that and thought "great attacking performance, just unlucky". Nah, we're easy to shut down because we're predictable.

Absolutely.

I cannot understand why we play so narrow.......use the width to create space in the middle. Not us though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom