• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal Women F.C.

Keplaz

Miedema with the equalizer 5 minutes before the halfitme.

Still not a good performance, but at least the draw now.
I used to find joy in watching the women's side. It was less anxiety inducing and they played exciting stuff. But I think Joe has lost his way. I think we need something new.

I think Miedema is 100% gone in the summer. We are not competitive anymore. And can't see it changing any time soon.

We should have hopped on to the US international train whilst it was going. Those players are winning Man Utd the league and made the difference for City against us. Instead we brought in Wubben Moy and now Patten.

I didn't think I would be saying this but #joeout

EinmalImmerEwig

Bent on his knees by asking to get banned !
Interesting article

Interview with Lia Wälti - very candid and honest, impressed

https://www.srf.ch/sport/fussball/f...text-waelti-wir-werden-zu-einzelkaempferinnen

English translation

........................................................................................

"I lack the motivation for what I actually like to do best." Lia Wälti has never shied away from speaking plain text. In a Skype interview from her apartment in London, she also gives deep insights into her emotional world during this difficult time.

Wälti knows that she is privileged as a professional footballer at Arsenal. Nevertheless, she says: “It is extremely difficult to still motivate yourself. You need this balance, contact with family and friends. " Almost completely missing at the moment.

Like all professional leagues in England, the FA Women's Super League continued operations, albeit with extremely strict conditions. Wälti gives an insight:

"Every player drives to training in their own car, car pools are no longer allowed."
“We are tested once or twice a week. Body contact during training is avoided and minimized as much as possible. "
"We get the food on the training ground, but have to take it home."

In general, the training program is squeezed into a shorter period of time than usual. Contact with other players is severely limited. «Team building no longer takes place. It's very difficult to keep that up. The team spirit actually lives from spending a lot of time together, ”says the 27-year-old.

In training, the players would also be followed by cameras at every turn. Wälti explains: “If someone tests positive, these images are evaluated. Two weeks ago, 7 players were quarantined for having had minimal contact with a positive person. That shook us a little bit. "

The situation is clearly gnawing at the girl from Emmental. She tries to distract herself as much as possible and get other thoughts. For example, she likes to do puzzles often and often or goes for a walk once a day.

But above all the lack of interpersonal relationships in the team bothers her. «We become lone fighters. Supporting one another is difficult with the distance regulations. The risk is too great that many players will be eliminated if the case is positive. " You are more distant, but not only physically. “It's also human that this situation brings you down. Many cannot perform at their maximum like this. "

In spring, during the first lockdown on the island, Wälti had taken a clear position on the planned resumption of the championship: She pleaded for an early end of the season.

Meanwhile, she is ambivalent: On the one hand, she feels privileged and is also happy that she can continue to play football and earn money. “But I also understand people who are frustrated. People who cannot do their jobs while football appears to be the most important thing in the world. "

"In England there is simply a lot of money, especially in the men's leagues," said Wälti frankly. But because you always try to treat women equally, it continues with them - and she is very happy about that. "In some cases, however, I would also be happy if the season were to be canceled because I cannot mentally support it 100%."

EinmalImmerEwig

In spring, during the first lockdown on the island, Wälti had taken a clear position on the planned resumption of the championship: She pleaded for an early end of the season.
In the article today there's a link to an article from 10.05.2020, where Wälti had pleaded for an early end to the season

https://www.srf.ch/sport/fussball/f...fuer-tests-ausgeben-die-andere-leute-brauchen

"Spending thousands of pounds on tests other people need?" Ghost games or demolition? Lia Wälti, captain of the Swiss women's national team and Arsenal legionnaire, hopes for an early decision - and pleads for an early end of the season.

The ball in the English Women's Super League has been idle since February. It has not yet been decided whether the season will restart. Lia Wälti would like to see clarity as soon as possible: "Training for 2 months and you don't know what for is difficult."

The 27-year-old sees a continuation of the game as critical. "Spending thousands of pounds, euros or francs on tests that other people might need just to keep playing?" For the captain of the Swiss women's national team, one thing is clear: “Football has become a minor matter. Health is the most important thing. "

The resumption of the championship would be a losing business because of low TV revenues. Even the simulation games to continue with the men, Wälti hardly gained any positive results - knowing that further financial losses at Arsenal would be felt directly by the women's department.

It is a "sick world", money rules football. "Would it be so bad if a player were only worth 50 million instead of 200 million?"

Keplaz

Interesting article

Interview with Lia Wälti - very candid and honest, impressed

https://www.srf.ch/sport/fussball/f...text-waelti-wir-werden-zu-einzelkaempferinnen

English translation

........................................................................................

"I lack the motivation for what I actually like to do best." Lia Wälti has never shied away from speaking plain text. In a Skype interview from her apartment in London, she also gives deep insights into her emotional world during this difficult time.

Wälti knows that she is privileged as a professional footballer at Arsenal. Nevertheless, she says: “It is extremely difficult to still motivate yourself. You need this balance, contact with family and friends. " Almost completely missing at the moment.

Like all professional leagues in England, the FA Women's Super League continued operations, albeit with extremely strict conditions. Wälti gives an insight:

"Every player drives to training in their own car, car pools are no longer allowed."
“We are tested once or twice a week. Body contact during training is avoided and minimized as much as possible. "
"We get the food on the training ground, but have to take it home."

In general, the training program is squeezed into a shorter period of time than usual. Contact with other players is severely limited. «Team building no longer takes place. It's very difficult to keep that up. The team spirit actually lives from spending a lot of time together, ”says the 27-year-old.

In training, the players would also be followed by cameras at every turn. Wälti explains: “If someone tests positive, these images are evaluated. Two weeks ago, 7 players were quarantined for having had minimal contact with a positive person. That shook us a little bit. "

The situation is clearly gnawing at the girl from Emmental. She tries to distract herself as much as possible and get other thoughts. For example, she likes to do puzzles often and often or goes for a walk once a day.

But above all the lack of interpersonal relationships in the team bothers her. «We become lone fighters. Supporting one another is difficult with the distance regulations. The risk is too great that many players will be eliminated if the case is positive. " You are more distant, but not only physically. “It's also human that this situation brings you down. Many cannot perform at their maximum like this. "

Meanwhile, she is ambivalent: On the one hand, she feels privileged and is also happy that she can continue to play football and earn money. “But I also understand people who are frustrated. People who cannot do their jobs while football appears to be the most important thing in the world. "

"In England there is simply a lot of money, especially in the men's leagues," said Wälti frankly. But because you always try to treat women equally, it continues with them - and she is very happy about that. "In some cases, however, I would also be happy if the season were to be canceled because I cannot mentally support it 100%."
I know its a job and they get paid etc. But I think the time will come when we have to count the mental cost of lockdown.

I understand why football must go on but I find it hard to motivate myself for work these days. I'm grateful to be working but we've been working from home since March.

I can't imagine what it must feel for someone whose job is very publicly evaluated. And who needs others to be able to perform but can't interact with them properly.

EinmalImmerEwig

I know its a job and they get paid etc. But I think the time will come when we have to count the mental cost of lockdown.

I understand why football must go on but I find it hard to motivate myself for work these days. I'm grateful to be working but we've been working from home since March.

I can't imagine what it must feel for someone whose job is very publicly evaluated. And who needs others to be able to perform but can't interact with them properly.
Agreed
On the other side you have to see how much positivity can come from having football to watch and talk about, even under strange new conditions.

John Hartson once commented that English Football shouldn't have a winter break, as there were too many people suffering from depression in the UK, and football was one of the things that kept people strong in the vulnerable times over Xmas/New Year, and into January, and I agree with him totally.

We have a winter break here ( switzerland ) for about 7 weeks, and I always used to use the break to go to the beach.
Used to leave after the last game of the season ( usually mid Dec. ), and arrive back, tanned and fully motivated at the start of February.
Always noticed the state of my friends/neighbours/work colleagues when I got back. They were all on some sort of downer, due to no sun/only work/no fresh air, etc

Now you have the whole World on that downer, and you need things to take the edge off.

I have joined this forum, and it helps, certainly. I also go out and run in the woods here, and climb in the mountains when I'm allowed/trains are running, etc., and play football when it's possible, but I'm fortunate that I've retired, so that I have less pressure on me now. I see some of my mates now and they have hit all-time lows, for sure. Can't even go round and cheer them up anymore.

Rambling a bit now, sorry.
It's a predicament.

dkap

Manuela Zinsberger has extended her contract.

Leah Williamson contract is coming to an end in the summer. Joe is confident she will extend. Apparently some clubs in France and Germany are interested in her.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
It was a perfect matchday for us.

We beat Bristol City comfortably 4:0 (could have scored a lot more) and United lost 1:0 against Brighton.

So we are already 3rd and we still have a game in hand. So we could even afford a loss with our goal difference.

Keplaz

It was a perfect matchday for us.

We beat Bristol City comfortably 4:0 (could have scored a lot more) and United lost 1:0 against Brighton.

So we are already 3rd and we still have a game in hand. So we could even afford a loss with our goal difference.
Didn't expect Man Utd to lose today. I think the pressure has taken its toll. I think Man Utd have been overacheving, same way I believe we under achieved.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Champions League Qualification is safe.

Thankfully we turned it around after the City and Chelsea loss with 8 wins in a row in the league and only 1 goal condeded (today). A 93th minute pen saved us today.

I wonder if we will go after some of Manchester United players if that is possible. Apparently there is a lot of issues with Manchester and how the woman team is treated there.

Hopefully we can get Lauren James back!

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Kinda fell off a bit towards the end of the season, after the rubbish from the men's team turned me off.

Thanks to Joe for his effort but I think its the right decision that we part ways. We need some fresh direction and investment to get back to proper winning ways.

Ill be back stronger next season, not gonna let Arteta's boys influence me again.

Top Bottom