• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal's 10 best CBs ever

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Vermaelen was one of our best players before his injuries at one stage you man forget.

Gallas was rubbish for us.

Kos was a liability, you have to put him in the 10 but Arsenal fans have always overrated him.

Shalmaneser V

Stepanovs
Cygan
Djourou
Senderos
Squillaci
Silvestre
Mustafi

We’ve tried some shockingly bad central defenders down the years.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I forgot to put in Andy Linighan. He was a decent player at a time when we had some of our best defenders. It's a pity for him that he was done when Wenger arrived.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
Spent time being Chelsea's best defender as well as Frances best defender. Both teams amongst the best in the world.

But, not world class because his incompetent team mates threw away the league and he kicked off?

Sounds about right!
But does it matter what he did at Chelsea? Cech was world class there and would easily be in the top 5 Arsenal goalkeepers I've seen in this life but he did that at Chelsea, but not for Arsenal

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
Oh god imagine putting Koscielny is your top 3 anything, he was an absolute liability.

Koscielny is gonna be on everyone's list in this thread and it's already upsetting me.
Ahhh someone else who doesn't like Koscielny. He had pace, but his positioning was garbage and he was absolutely physically dominated by many, many players. He represented the fragile mentality we had under Wenger in the 2010's most.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
But does it matter what he did at Chelsea? Cech was world class there and would easily be in the top 5 Arsenal goalkeepers I've seen in this life but he did that at Chelsea, but not for Arsenal

People weren't putting Gallas in their top 10! Ludicrous.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Ahhh someone else who doesn't like Koscielny. He had pace, but his positioning was garbage and he was absolutely physically dominated by many, many players. He represented the fragile mentality we had under Wenger in the 2010's most.

Yeah it irritates me how much Arsenal fans rate him when he pretty much made mistakes every game. He was like a slightly better Mustafi.

I always think of the goal Alexis scored for United vs us in the FA Cup. Lukaku had no options to pass to but Koscielny runs out of position to give Alexis space right infront of goal. His positioning was abysmal.

I remember him being bullied so much, rememver 5’6 Quaresma putting him in a headlock?

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
I remember him being bullied so much, rememver 5’6 Quaresma putting him in a headlock?
Yes and also remember him losing headers to players shorter than him. He was fast and that's all fans remember. Remember how the Birmingham player hit him after the goal and no reaction? Weak

People laugh at Mustafi for that Griezmann goal but that was such a Koscielny goal to concede, bullied off the ball by someone who has no business bullying a center back.

BigPoppaPump

Yes and also remember him losing headers to players shorter than him. He was fast and that's all fans remember. Remember how the Birmingham player hit him after the goal and no reaction? Weak

People laugh at Mustafi for that Griezmann goal but that was such a Koscielny goal to concede, bullied off the ball by someone who has no business bullying a center back.

Be practically lost France Euro 2016 single handedly getting bullied by Eder for his goal. See how they won the World Cup once he wasn’t available?

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Bizarre player to hate is Kos, even with the way he left...was overrated probably, but was still a very good defender for Arsenal, pretty much gave up a leg running through walls for the club...his performances were very shaky post 2016 for us, but he just started to decline, every player hits the wall at some point.

BigPoppaPump

Bizarre player to hate is Kos, even with the way he left...was overrated probably, but was still a very good defender for Arsenal, pretty much gave up a leg running through walls for the club...his performances were very shaky post 2016 for us, but he just started to decline, every player hits the wall at some point.

He only looked good with Mertesacker beside him, give Mustafi a few season with Per he’d look better than Koscielny. Poor player, he was key in many humiliations fir Arsenal and guys like you still rate him.

I remember I use to listen to Alan Davies Arsenal podcast back then and they’d call Vermaelen/Koscielny Stan & Ollie because they were a pair of jokers.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
He only looked good with Mertesacker beside him, give Mustafi a few season with Per he’d look better than Koscielny. Poor player, he was key in many humiliations fir Arsenal and guys like you still rate him.

I remember I use to listen to Alan Davies Arsenal podcast back then and they’d call Vermaelen/Koscielny Stan & Ollie because they were a pair of jokers.

Good podcast back in the day, wish they would do it more regularly.

Kos from 2011-2016 was quality imo, of course we got smashed by certain teams away from home, Arsène was too attacking at that point and our rivals had better teams...we also smashed various teams while keeping a clean sheet with Kos playing very well.

It's fine that you don't rate him, he's a meek lad and not a leader in any way, which seems to be your main issue with him really so I can't argue with that...he isn't as good as Tony Adams or Sol Campbell, but he is rated by the majority of our fans for a reason.

BigPoppaPump

Good podcast back in the day, wish they would do it more regularly.

Kos from 2011-2016 was quality imo, of course we got smashed by certain teams away from home, Arsène was too attacking at that point and our rivals had better teams...we also smashed various teams while keeping a clean sheet with Kos playing very well.

It's fine that you don't rate him, he's a meek lad and not a leader in any way, which seems to be your main issue with him really so I can't argue with that...he isn't as good as Tony Adams or Sol Campbell, but he is rated by the majority of our fans for a reason.

I listen to some episodes during quarantine and Alan Davies is unbearable to me now.

It’s not just that he was meek, i think he was positionally terrible and rash. He’s always run at the ball leaving massive gaps for players to run behind, you can do that with Per cleaning up behind you but not everyone can cover for your mistakes.

Latest posts

Top Bottom