• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal's Overrated and Underrated?

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
I don't think Wele will stay, he won't make the England squad for the WC and probably leave next summer. Even with Sanchez, Özil and (maybe) Giroud leaving, I don't see him as a starter here next season.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
Wenger is underrated imo, he isn't as bad and clueless as some people say. In fact, he's a very good third tier manager in England/fourth tier manager in Europe!

Last edited:

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Overatted:
Ramsey - Has Been one of Arsenal 3 worst performers every season for the past 4 seasons. With the exception of maybe Diaby no Arsenal player in my life time has produced the amount of poor performances that Ramsey has done not even the likes of Grimandi, Luzhny, Giroud, Cycan and Squallaci ect.

Bellerin - considered a world class RB by some yet has been one of the weak links in the starting 11 for the past 3 seasons. Bellerin positional awareness is awful and the same can be said about his crossing.

Giroud - an Excellent impact sub to have but an extremely frustrating player to watch when he starts. Giroud just halts so many of our attacking movements by either being to slow on the counter, taking too much time on ball, winning the aerial battle but heading straight to an opposition player, going down looking for an foul (probably our worst diver since Ljungberg) or an poor header/ finishing attempt.

Underrated
Xhaka - had a great first season with us and was one our top five performers last season. Although Xhaka has been no where near that level this season the level of OTT criticism he gets is absurd and has turned into the fans scapegoat.

Wilshere - England's most creative and technically gifted player yet Can't get into the England squad. Our best player this season in the cup games and in his first PL match this season he was clearly the best player on the pitch.

Cazorla - Exceptional player who is technically gifted and whom we have missed a lot.

Last edited:

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Surprised to see Cazorla mentioned as underrated several times now. I thought the general consensus was his absence has been a massive blow to you? He's basically super highly rated by both Arsenal fans and neutrals.

Underrated
Wilshere - England's most creative and technically gifted player yet Can't get into the England squad. Our best player this season in the cup games and in his first PL match this season he was clearly the best player on the pitch.

Have to disagree with this one. Wilshere is many things, but creative isn't one of them. He lacks a final ball, with most of his passing coming from deep towards the flanks etc. If he was truly as good as many Arsenal fans say, I feel like he would've shown more at Bournemouth where he was pretty much given the keys to the midfield, yet he only did okay.

Most of it comes down to injuries but he's never really kicked on. I'd struggle to see the different between an 18 year old Wilshere and his present self, which sadly says a lot about how big of a talent he was and how unfortunate he's been with injuries.

Mind, I'm not saying he's a bad player at all, but I reckon he's just about as good as most people say he is, which is pretty decent and a good squad option/fringe starter.

tcahill

Overrated:

Welbeck. Turns up in big games where his workrate and pressing is valuable, but is useless in every other game. As bad at finishing as Bellerin.

Iwobi. Looks silky on the ball, and has a decent workrate, but awful passer and goalscorer. I can't see him as anything more than a potential squaddie.

Underrated

Mustafi. Very solid defender both in the air and on the ground. Slightly error prone which tends to stick in people's minds (especially from the end of last season), and is exposed more in our high risk system. He actually had a decent first season, and has overall been excellent this season.

Özil. This guy has been the centrepiece of our offence in the 3-4-3, and has been creating chances galore even in games we've lost.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
They've both won more trophies here than RVP did.
agreed. But in 2013, he scored almost 50% of Arsenal's goals (72).

While last season Alexis (17) and Özil (25) did the sme out of AFC's 77 goals.

You would think that having two TWO superstars would catapult us into the next level.

Edit: I'm an RvP fan boy

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
It's hard to determine who is really under/overrated on this forum because of how divisive every single player currently is.

In terms of overrated, I'd have to go with Giroud simply because he weirdly has this new fan club that defend him every time he has one of his regular flicks-don't-work matches where he does virtually nothing. He's scored some really good goals over the years now but to me that doesn't absolve all the terrible games he's had as Arsenal's premier #9. That people have the nerve to call Lacazette overrated instead is :lol:

Underrated? It's a toss-up between Bellerin and Iwobi. They're in a bad run of form lately and people seem to have forgotten all the good they can bring to the table. I have a feeling they're going to very quickly pick up form and get better soon. I'd add the younger players to this list because - apart from probably Nelson - everybody writes them off, especially AMN. The amount of times he's had a good game only for a handful to say they "still don't see it" is hilarious to me.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I remember Wenger once saying every man thinks he has the prettiest wife at home. Whoever is over or under rated depends on who does the rating and we all have a friend with questionable taste in women :lol:

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Bellerin is now in the underrated category for me, cannot believe that people think he's been poor this season, i think he's been very consistent for the most part and is quietly having a pretty good season. Defensively he's doing very well and he's made some contribution in an attacking sense, both mostly he's been doing well at making himself an option with his overlaps. In both the United and Liverpool games, there were periods were neither team could deal with him overlapping and being an extra attacking option. Out of our back 4/5, whatever it is now, he's been the guy who I'm most happy with this season.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Bellerin is now in the underrated category for me, cannot believe that people think he's been poor this season, i think he's been very consistent for the most part and is quietly having a pretty good season. Defensively he's doing very well and he's made some contribution in an attacking sense, both mostly he's been doing well at making himself an option with his overlaps. In both the United and Liverpool games, there were periods were neither team could deal with him overlapping and being an extra attacking option. Out of our back 4/5, whatever it is now, he's been the guy who I'm most happy with this season.
His form's been patchy but on the whole, he hasn't actually had many bad performances this season, same with Ramsey. Both get a lot of stick but they've been closer to our better performers consistently than not. There was a stretch particularly during November where Bellerin put together a string of pretty solid performances - which I made note of in his thread.

I do think he's lacking in confidence at the moment - probably has a lot to do with the disproportionate amount of stick he's been getting, particularly on ArsenalFanTV of late, with accusations of being more focused on being an IG model, which is ridiculous :lol:

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Santi is finished.

Lacazette and Sanchez are hugely over rated.
This forum seems 50/50 about Lacazette. Don't think many people overrate him tbh. People who are positive generally see him as an upgrade on Giroud, competing with Lukaku and Morata which is far from over rating him.

Sanchez is rated just fine imo. A season ago people said he was competing for third best player in the world and now people feel he's barely competing for a starting spot at City. Which in current form might be correct.

Top Bottom