• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal's Overrated and Underrated?

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
His form's been patchy but on the whole, he hasn't actually had many bad performances this season, same with Ramsey. Both get a lot of stick but they've been closer to our better performers consistently than not. There was a stretch particularly during November where Bellerin put together a string of pretty solid performances - which I made note of in his thread.

I do think he's lacking in confidence at the moment - probably has a lot to do with the disproportionate amount of stick he's been getting, particularly on ArsenalFanTV of late, with accusations of being more focused on being an IG model, which is ridiculous :lol:
Problem with Bellerin is his lack of confidence when receiving the ball, his sudden inability to use his pace to beat defenders and his lack of end product in final third. Be it a cross or a shot on goal. He used to have all these attributes and the lack of confidence (not just him, the whole defense bar Nacho) makes him too much of liability in buildup play or during high clearaces. When he's not on the ball, one on one in defense and chasing attackers down on pace he's been pretty solid imo.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
It's hard to say because you get such a big array of opinions. Every footballer we have has been called both World class and a pile of **** at some stage by people on this forum. But how and ever..

For me Özil's time here has been overrated. People talk about the unseen work etc., but as an attacking midfielder your role is to create and score. He hasn't done that enough on the whole to be considered one of the best #10s in the world, and on too many occasions he has had a complete stinker. He's had his periods where he's looked really excellent (like now), but as I said on the whole his Arsenal stint has been a bit disappointing for me.

Underrated, it's hard to say because like I said, everyone has been called elite at some stage on here. Among football fans in general, I'd say Koscielny (before his decline) stood out as a really excellent defender in a disorganised system, but he was never really given full credit.

Mertesacker (before he was our mascot) got a lot of **** and was even a bit of a laughing stock because he was so slow and awkward looking, but he was a good (not great) defender. Guys like Mustafi are easier on the eye but I can't say that I consider him an upgrade.

From previous years, Arteta was never given enough credit, from our own fans or fans of other clubs. Our best midfielder of the Emirates era.

BBF

Overrated
Mustafi
El Nenny
Welbeck
Giroud
Coquelin
Cech
Kolasinac
The Emirates food

Underrated
Chambers