• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsène Wenger: Invincible Documentary

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

What a great show, so many Arsenal legends gathered in one place. Dermot was a superb interviewer. Loved his line, ‘Top 4 certainly seems like a trophy now Arsène’, and the audience clapped.

Clive Anderson was pretty funny during the auction too? David Dein getting stuff off his chest, ‘The club should never have let Arsène go’, ‘Here he is Head of World Football Devolpment for FIFA but there there wasn’t even a place him at Arsenal football club’.

Wrighty was excellent and the touching stuff from Henry about Arsène being his dad at the club was genuine affection.

The respect for the man shown by all the ex players and stars present such a contrast to the abuse he got from all those ***ing ****** on social media. Helps to heal seeing Arsenal united as a family with people who really understand football talking sense and celebrating the best period in Arsenal’s history ever. Terrific show.

I am trying to find a way to word it, but events and personnel like tonight, the stuff we grew up on compared to what some of us feel almost obligated to follow today.. it's almost like two different clubs man.

A few exceptions aside like Wrighty, there is no chance you could get a lot of the people there tonight and people currently at the club in the same room. Says a lot.

Tonight was a celebration but it really highlighted my disconnect from the club at present really.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I am trying to find a way to word it, but events and personnel like tonight, the stuff we grew up on compared to what some of us feel almost obligated to follow today.. it's almost like two different clubs man.

A few exceptions aside like Wrighty, there is no chance you could get a lot of the people there tonight and people currently at the club in the same room. Says a lot.

Tonight was a celebration but it really highlighted my disconnect from the club at present really.

Just nostalgia bro.

Guarantee there’s younguns out there who’ll tell their kids about that Auba chip in the cup final and us blowing away Slavia Prague.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Per's performance in the 2017 Cup final should be something everyone who saw it, should remember and talk about.

The context of that performance is kinda mad, one of the best individual games in our history.

Rex is right though, whatever you see first will still mean a lot to you, just as much as what the previous/next generation saw first...whether it's the league wins in the 2000s, or just the cup wins in the 2010s...all will be remembered well.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

Yeah, the vibes were special tonight. In 20 years time there won't be ESR talking about Arteta as a father figure, and the time of their lives they had celebrating coming 8th in the league.

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
Yeah, the vibes were special tonight. In 20 years time there won't be ESR talking about Arteta as a father figure, and the time of their lives they had celebrating coming 8th in the league.
How do you know that? What if Arteta is still here 10 years later with Arsenal as a top 4 club again, winning trophies etc? What if ESR is 1 of the reasons of that etc?

C'mon man. What you saw today was nostalgia. Don't let these emotions, cause of some dinosaurs in a room(no offense i love them too) , influence your view on the club's future.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Didn't think they would talk about the 1930s, but glad they did.

5 league titles in one decade, we will never see those days again!
Discounted because it was under 3 different managers and you've not been reading AM, the league was soooooooo much easier then.

On a serious note I've been reading articles about Herbert Chapman who was one of the first counter attacking managers, much like Arteta is trying to be. After he died in 1934 they found a collection of his writings. And he said,

'It is no longer necessary for a team to play well. They must get goals, no matter how, and the points. The measure of their skill is, in fact, judged by their position in the league table. ”

Ironic, that was the philosophy of Arsène. He was unapologetic of the fact that he tried to play a certain way no matter what the opposition, to get goals and points, yet at the same time entertain. He gave youth a chance, kept us top 4 for 10 years on a complete shoe string, made the club 400% richer than when he joined it and created a global brand for the future.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Interesting to see Arsène‘s reaction as he greeted all the past players on stage at the end. As they filed past, some he spoke to like Keown, some he hugged like Pat Rice and Cesc Fabregas, but Edu he just shook hands quickly looking at the next person. Makes you wonder what his relationship is now with the club.

The question from the audience about should there be a statue of Arsène at the club was answered by Dein, who said ‘of course’. Then the audience burst into applause. But there’s probably a big disconnect between the large Arsenal family at that event and the corporates in charge of the club now.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Why Arteta didn't take part, it's probably because he would see how small and irelevant he is compared to the legacy of Arsène.

The question from the audience about should there be a statue of Arsène at the club was answered by Dein, who said ‘of course’. Then the audience burst into applause. But there’s probably a big disconnect between the large Arsenal family at that event and the corporates in charge of the club now.

The whole stadium should get named after Arsène, not just a statue.
There was already one at Highbury halls, so another statue is not enough.

GDeep™

League is very weak
From the "This Might Be It" documentary:

2-DB4-A799-AE13-445-C-8-EC3-59-BE6-F1-C86-C2.png
:lol:

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

All thanks to @Trilly for his hard graft at the bando last night for making that bid possible. Man didn’t sleep the whole weekend for the cause. I’m getting him a signed serviette and I’ve given him the night off tonight.
You ****. :lol:

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
This circle jerk for Wenger by the very same fans that hounded him out the club makes me sick.

The fact Wenger hasn't been back here since leaving tells you all you need to know. He thinks our fans are w*****s and I can't say I blame him.
Many Football fans especially those who shout loudest online are reactionary pricks, you only have to see 1% of the Sh!te on the web to realise that.
Its the stomping ground of brain dead entitled idiots, thinking they 'know' something but actually most of them understand so very little. The ones who will constantly stick the knife into managers & write off players before they even play a game.

Wengers treatment was absolutely dreadful & I still blame channels like AFTV for fueling that fire. Cashing in by bringing shame to the clubs name, spreading hatred & creating a toxic environment

Latest posts

Top Bottom