• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsène Wenger: My Life and Lessons In Red & White

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Would be very interesting read i hope he tell us alot of things we don't know.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
The 21st century bible. Cannot wait for this. Couldn't give a **** about the gossip ****e, he probably has far too much class to lower himself to that, I think it'll be pretty honest though, he's always been the most honest coach around.

Agreed. Obviously Arsène will remian classy but like you say he`s always been very honest. It`s why the journalists ( the decent ones anyway) and us fans loved his press conferences, he would answer pretty much every questin in an honest and insightful way.

Can`t wait to read it. Hope he takes good care of himself in this period, he is 70 after all even if he seems to be incredibly fit and healthy. Miss him.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

The 21st century bible. Cannot wait for this. Couldn't give a **** about the gossip ****e, he probably has far too much class to lower himself to that, I think it'll be pretty honest though, he's always been the most honest coach around.

Yeah I’m doubtful he’ll stick the boot in to some of the ones who deserve it aka Gallas repeatedly.

I’m curious as to the road he’ll take though, he’s seen a massive change in football over his tenure at the club, from the days of football having a rampant boozing culture to the modern game where kids’ agents are getting them moves at 16/17.

I don’t want him to have to justify why the club lost its way post Emirates move, whilst he is partially responsible the lions’ share of the blame should lie with Gazidis and Kroenke but he’s never going to say that in his book and most fans know the truth.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Can just imagine some numskull like DT reading it where Wenger goes into great detail about the financial difficulties he faced at the time post Emirates move. Of course DT failing to comprehend what he's reading just starts shouting "WHY DIDN'T YOU SPEND SOME FACKING MONEH?!??!?" as he's giving his wife the @GDeep™ special
He can read?

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Questions I want answered
1. His relationship with the Kroenkes
2. What really happened the summer we lost Fabregas and Nasri?
3. Why did Wenger trust statDNA or was it forced upon him?
4. Which player leaving us, was he a) hurt most by and b) pleased for?
5. Thoughts on AFTV.
6. Thoughts on Emery and Arteta.
7. Life in London for 22 years

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I'll buy this for sure. Wenger's a classy, cerebral fellow but I do hope there are some statements that have me shouting "what?" or "I knew it!". As @RunTheTrap says, there are some questions we'd all love answers to. I reckon there will be some comments that point the finger quite firmly without actually making a factual statement eg Gazidis told me that Xhaka was good and Stat DNA evidence said....so the club purchased him.

TheEconomist

Established Member
Can't wait to get this. Hope to see some details of a book signing. Happy to take a day off work to get it signed by the god

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Best footballing book I’ve read is Cruyff’s autobiography. Shared the philosophy of the man and his approach to team building, had this section called his 14 rules and it sounds self helpy but you can apply it to your every day life.

Hopefully Arsène’s is in a similar vein.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
My prediction, if it doesn't have gossip, Wenger super fans will talk about how classy Wenger is. If it does, they'll talk about how honest Wenger is.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Questions I want answered
1. His relationship with the Kroenkes
2. What really happened the summer we lost Fabregas and Nasri?
3. Why did Wenger trust statDNA or was it forced upon him?
4. Which player leaving us, was he a) hurt most by and b) pleased for?
5. Thoughts on AFTV.
6. Thoughts on Emery and Arteta.
7. Life in London for 22 years
Honestly don’t think he’ll be giving any time to trash level stuff like Emery and AFTV in his book. You think he’s talking about people like Troopz, Claude and DT in his book? No chance.

Not sure there will be any finger pointing either. For me the post Highbury era is most interesting, he sacrificed his career as a top level manager to develop this club - even then, he’s already spoken about it, and the restrictions he faced with having to sell a player most summers.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Honestly don’t think he’ll be giving any time to trash level stuff like Emery

One would think the disciples of what apparently is the classiest coach and man of all time to refrain from calling El Senor trash, no?

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Autobiographies are rarely fantastic (maybe Charlie Chaplin and Errol Flynn's stand out) on the personal side of things, but bound to be a great read on the philosophy of football and have little details we haven't heard about.

I think at one level it will be a catharsis and an exculpation. Also I think this eans he's finally given up the idea of managing again.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
I doubt he's going to trash anyone. Mentioning AFTV would be giving them attention they don't deserve, no matter what you say about them. Emery is a classless loser compared to Wenger (Who I don't rate much either, but Emery has achieved **** all in his career). The board is the one thing he might tell the truth on

Heskey

🌑 🌘🌗🌖🌕🌔🌓🌒
Trusted ⭐
I doubt he's going to trash anyone. Mentioning AFTV would be giving them attention they don't deserve, no matter what you say about them. Emery is a classless loser compared to Wenger (Who I don't rate much either, but Emery has achieved **** all in his career). The board is the one thing he might tell the truth on
I get it, you hate Emery. But have some sense.
Emery has been any thing but classless in the aftermath to the firing - and through much of the tough time prior to.

If anything, his personal antics seemed to be able to match those of Wenger to some degree and had fortune been kinder to him and us, he might have been successful too.

Emery took over at Valencia at a difficult time and had good results and made it back to the Champions League with them, and secured 3rd Places several seasons in a row even when selling stars like Villa and Silva in the same summer. Not an easy feat with a financially shaky boat like Valencia.

He had 3 Uefa Cup's in a row with Sevilla. They weren't exactly world beaters either.

Then there was his PSG stint and then the Arsenal one.

I'm not saying he's a legend, or the most brilliant coach ever - he's not and I was relieved when he was let go, seems his tactics suits more a defensive/counter oriented team than what we are and identify as after Wenger.

But you're factually wrong when you say he's achieved nothing, and he outclasses many people to such a degree that it's laughable you went for his class of all things.

That you don't rate Wenger either kinda says it all. :rolleyes:

UpTheGunnerz

Emery has been any thing but classless in the aftermath to the firing - and through much of the tough time prior to.

If anything, his personal antics seemed to be able to match those of Wenger to some degree and had fortune been kinder to him and us, he might have been successful too.

Emery took over at Valencia at a difficult time and had good results and made it back to the Champions League with them, and secured 3rd Places several seasons in a row even when selling stars like Villa and Silva in the same summer. Not an easy feat with a financially shaky boat like Valencia.

He had 3 Uefa Cup's in a row with Sevilla. They weren't exactly world beaters either.

I'm not saying he's a legend, or the most brilliant coach ever - he's not and I was relieved when he was let go, seems his tactics suits more a defensive/counter oriented team than what we are and identify as after Wenger.

But you're factually wrong when you say he's achieved nothing, and he outclasses many people to such a degree that it's laughable you went for his class of all things.

Everything this. Somehow it seems to have been okay for a very long time (since he began almost) to **** on Emery every chance given

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
He's been trashing our league position and squad strength, day in, day out since being sacked and not taking any responsibility for what was his failure. Wenger had the same squad within one result of the CL and he managed to ruin that within 2 seasons. He got rid of Ramsey, his only good player
You make it sound so great, but what about after Valencia? Sacked at that Russian club, and getting Sevilla 3 EL's, but absolutely atrocious in the league, especially his away form, which was about no away wins the whole season when he played LFC

Where he failed. He actually managed to lose the title in one season, which is extraordinary

UpTheGunnerz

Mate, he was in charge of PSG, not Arsenal. No matter how good that Monaco side was, he had a much, much more complete squad

Yeah but still..that Monaco was emeriging on the scene like a lightning. Phenonenal team dat

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Quoting this for truth really, spot on.

Emery wasn’t right for us in the end but there was a reason we went for him over Arteta like the board originally wanted. On paper because of his cv, he was definitely the safer option at the time.

He was quiet for a while after his sacking, then he got some stuff off his chest which wasn’t anything necessarily bad or shocking he’s only human. I think Emery is a classy guy just not an Arsenal manager.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom