• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsène Wenger: My Life and Lessons In Red & White

Heskey

🌑 🌘🌗🌖🌕🌔🌓🌒
Trusted ⭐
He's been trashing our league position and squad strength, day in, day out since being sacked and not taking any responsibility for what was his failure. Wenger had the same squad within one result of the CL and he managed to ruin that within 2 seasons. He got rid of Ramsey, his only good player

You make it sound so great, but what about after Valencia? Sacked at that Russian club, and getting Sevilla 3 EL's, but absolutely atrocious in the league, especially his away form, which was about no away wins the whole season when he played LFC

Where he failed. He actually managed to lose the title in one season, which is extraordinary
I really shouldn't have gone for this as this is quickly sidetracking a thread that should be about Arséne and not about cheap shots aimed at Emery.

But to round it off quickly.
He did say a few things about the players, and recently something about an ex-girlfriend being a "White-witch".. :lol: And I definitely didn't agree with some player choices.
But mainly he was a classy act, and everybody keeps heralding him for being a classy man pre, during and after being at Arsenal.
He praised the choice of Arteta, and had this published on Arsenal.com.
https://www.arsenal.com/news/letter-thanks-arsenal after all, and a few comments about the squad doesn't change that. Most managers would've been completely silent after getting fired.

The other things are pointless to discuss really, at least in this thread.

Regarding Wenger and his book, I look very much forward to it!

scytheavatar

Established Member
I really shouldn't have gone for this as this is quickly sidetracking a thread that should be about Arséne and not about cheap shots aimed at Emery.

But to round it off quickly.
He did say a few things about the players, and recently something about an ex-girlfriend being a "White-witch".. :lol: And I definitely didn't agree with some player choices.
But mainly he was a classy act, and everybody keeps heralding him for being a classy man pre, during and after being at Arsenal.
He praised the choice of Arteta, and had this published on Arsenal.com.
https://www.arsenal.com/news/letter-thanks-arsenal after all, and a few comments about the squad doesn't change that. Most managers would've been completely silent after getting fired.

The other things are pointless to discuss really, at least in this thread.

Regarding Wenger and his book, I look very much forward to it!

He never said anything, it's that ex girlfriend telling The Sun that's what he said. Which means chances are it's complete bullshit.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Emery wasn’t right for us in the end but there was a reason we went for him over Arteta like the board originally wanted. On paper because of his cv, he was definitely the safer option at the time.

Which was a dumb and nonsensical reason. Based on his CV he was definitely the risker option at that time, seeing how PSG fans were eager to see him gone ASAP.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Which was a dumb and nonsensical reason. Based on his CV he was definitely the risker option at that time, seeing how PSG fans were eager to see him gone ASAP.
Not dumb at all?

Emery has done way more than Arteta in management this is just facts.

Arteta is a former player for PSG as well but I don’t think the likes of neymar and mbappe will listen to him either.

Psg aside which is a funny club to manage, Emery had Valencia and Sevilla under his belt - both are considered successful spells.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Psg aside which is a funny club to manage, Emery had Valencia and Sevilla under his belt - both are considered successful spells.

PSG & especially how he acted in Russia now look like massive red flags. The stories in Russia are strange... Seems to struggle leading without his native tongue which is understandable.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

^ sounds like fair criticism to me also, from what we have seen.

I also think he struggles with superstar players. Publically antagonising them in the modern game gets you nowhere.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
We're slowly becoming a vitriolic bunch, just like the fans in Manchester (Utd, not $ity fans...some of those plastics still think Mark Hughes is manager)

Looking forward to his book. For a man who did so much for AFC, he must have a lot to say.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Looking forward to the book.

As many have posted, it will probably be a more general themed book, without going into daily details, gossip or accidental events.

For what it's worth I would love it to be as detailed as possible, e.g. that summer of 2011, how he dealt post-Paris, reveal any details about his doubts of referee bias, reveal how many times Stan, Gazidis and the rest of the board have back-stabbed him etc. but he is too classy. He will not get into that.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Would really like some details on why Wenger was only allowed to buy Cech in 2015/16 season. And why Kroenke insisting on keeping money in the bank when Wenger was never allowed to get near the squad spending of City, United, Chelsea, Liverpool from 2013 onwards after the purse strings were finally relaxed a little.

And what happened in the 50th game?o_O

Here are 1000 words.

13236.jpg

Manberg

Predator
The 2011 saga where we lost Fabregas and Nasri will probably have beans spilled. I remember Wenger saying he could write a book about it, at the time.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

It's finally here:

In Wenger: My Life and Lessons in Red and White, world-renowned and revolutionary soccer coach Arsène Wenger finally tells his own story for the very first time.

Wenger opens up about his life, sharing principles for success on and off the field with lessons on leadership, personal development, and management.

This book charts his extraordinary career
, including his rise from obscurity in France and Japan to his 22 years at the helm of Arsenal Football Club.
  • Covers the years of controversy that led up to his resignation in 2018 and his current seat as chief of global football development for FIFA
  • Wenger offers studious reflections on the game and his groundbreaking approach to motivation, mindset, fitness, and the winning edge.
  • He popularized the attacking approach and belief that the game should be entertaining.
Released on October 20, 2020

Oooof - this is going to be a fascinating read.

October 20...seems a life time away :(

Latest posts+

Top Bottom