• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsène Wenger: My Life and Lessons In Red & White

SomGooner

Prolific Liker
I don’t know about trying to prove to him that the grass isn’t always greener either, because if anything that one backfired. It’s more like cutting your nose off to spite your face.We could definitely have done with Fabregas at the time.

Sometimes our pride and ego make us do things without thinking them through.

Arsène loved Cesc more than Cesc realised. Arsène allowed a legend and a colossal of a man and player in PV4 to leave the club in order for him to run the show and I think Arsène felt betrayed and badly hurt by Cesc ‘Demanding’ to leave. Also let’s not forget that Cesc ‘forced’ the club’s hand to sell him to Barca and a Barca only which made it easier for them to dictate and set the price.

As much as I LIKED Cesc, I didn’t like the way he allowed his mates to disrespect the club that made him and the man he called ‘Like a father’.

I would’ve done the same thing but in much more colourful words if I was Arsène.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Honestly, unless you’re dropping some hard hitting new info, I find this stuff boring.

I got better things to do than listen to Wenger speak about meeting the pope.
Yeah I'm expecting some behind the scenes Arsenal stuff or I'll be disappointed.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Jose's record against Arsène is impressive (the fact he has always had oil money to spend does help the Portugese GDeep tbf) but Arsène has beaten him...did no "journalist" call him out on that ffs :lol:

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Sometimes our pride and ego make us do things without thinking them through.

Arsène loved Cesc more than Cesc realised. Arsène allowed a legend and a colossal of a man and player in PV4 to leave the club in order for him to run the show and I think Arsène felt betrayed and badly hurt by Cesc ‘Demanding’ to leave. Also let’s not forget that Cesc ‘forced’ the club’s hand to sell him to Barca and a Barca only which made it easier for them to dictate and set the price.

As much as I LIKED Cesc, I didn’t like the way he allowed his mates to disrespect the club that made him and the man he called ‘Like a father’.

I would’ve done the same thing but in much more colourful words if I was Arsène.
Bit unrealistic to expect a young Spanish boy to turn down the chance to play for arguably the best club side ever assembled since the dawn of time... in Spain... in favour of remaining part of a setup that was giving him nothing. ‘Bit unrealistic’ being a huge understatement of course!

I very much doubt Cesc decided to go to war with Wenger over it. Don’t underestimate Wenger’s ability to manipulate situations to his advantage—a valuable skill when you’re managing big players at a club that struggled to keep its best players—but a skill of his and a game that players sometimes aren’t willing to play.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
It was the principle. He forced his way out of Arsenal, and Wenger said he had a rule that he wouldn't take young players back if they thought the grass was greener elsewhere.
It's funny because Xavi felt that youth players whi chose to leave, shouldn't necessarily be allowed to return to Barca. The little fella forgot his mates Cesc and Pique but the principle is the same.

Reactions: A_G

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Jose's record against Arsène is impressive (the fact he has always had oil money to spend does help the Portugese GDeep tbf) but Arsène has beaten him...did no "journalist" call him out on that ffs :lol:
18 games. 7 draws and 2 wins and 9 losses for Wenger. Not impressive but Mourinho can't handle the slight when he thought Wenger actually liked him and so has to distort the truth.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Btw, our football has been dreadful since Wenger left. It’s like watching Stoke play Burnley every week since he left.

We got AM bashing one out to El Neny doing beep tests.
It’s amazing how people can just erase large parts of Wengers last two years... Our football had also deteriorated badly. It was no better than now for sure.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Arsène probably knew that not being mentioned at all would annoy Mourinho, and looks like he was right.
He was obviously asked what he thought about being left out of the book and not only did he bite, but he went in ugly. Shows a lack of maturity at the very least.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Bit unrealistic to expect a young Spanish boy to turn down the chance to play for arguably the best club side ever assembled since the dawn of time... in Spain... in favour of remaining part of a setup that was giving him nothing. ‘Bit unrealistic’ being a huge understatement of course!

I very much doubt Cesc decided to go to war with Wenger over it. Don’t underestimate Wenger’s ability to manipulate situations to his advantage—a valuable skill when you’re managing big players at a club that struggled to keep its best players—but a skill of his and a game that players sometimes aren’t willing to play.

Cesc went about it in a pretty dreadful way, boyhood club or not. That nonsense after the World Cup and skipping training camps to go watch the GP in Spain.

I get he was desperate for a move but he hurt the club he was also supposedly in love by driving his value into the dirt and getting his move.

Wenger and the club had shown they were open to fair negotiations with almost all our other sales from Adebayor to Van Persie.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Never forget those who wanted Mourinho here, and the same people now cry about Arteta’s **** football :facepalm:
Arteta was my first choice since 2018, after Wenger left, don’t start that.

Im not even attacking Arteta, it’s work in progress, it’s just taking time and looks long way off even the Wenger decline 2015 onwards period.

No surprise to see that Hulk Hogan fanboy liking your post.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Cesc went about it in a pretty dreadful way, boyhood club or not. That nonsense after the World Cup and skipping training camps to go watch the GP in Spain.

I get he was desperate for a move but he hurt the club he was also supposedly in love by driving his value into the dirt and getting his move.

Wenger and the club had shown they were open to fair negotiations with almost all our other sales from Adebayor to Van Persie.
I’m sure if Cesc thought he was going to get Wenger’s and the clubs blessing he wouldn’t have felt the need to go AWOL or make things any more difficult than he had reason to believe it would be. How does he improve matters by doing that? You’d have to take the logical explanation and assume it wasn’t all his doing and there must have been two sides to this.

Wengers ‘that’ll l learn yer the grass isn’t always greener‘ attitude tells me it was probably made more complicated for Cesc—the last jewel in his dodgy crown—than it was for Wenger to accept 24m for an aging RvP with just one year left on his contract.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I’m sure if Cesc thought he was going to get Wenger’s and the clubs blessing he wouldn’t have felt the need to go AWOL or make things any more difficult than he had reason to believe it would be. How does he improve matters by doing that? You’d have to take the logical explanation and assume it wasn’t all his doing and there must have been two sides to this.

Wengers ‘that’ll l learn yer the grass isn’t always greener‘ attitude tells me it was probably made more complicated for Cesc—the last jewel in his dodgy crown—than it was for Wenger to accept 24m for an aging RvP with just one year left on his contract.

I don’t think we know anyone’s attitude behind closed doors and it’s all guesswork on our part.

What we do know is that he forced his move through via some disrespectful gestures to the club.

If you remove the “him vs Wenger” angle it’s pretty indefensible. Every other single player we sold whether it was to a rival or not didn’t have to carry on like he did.

The club never acted affronted they just seemed to want market value.

Last edited:
Top Bottom