• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsène Wenger: My Life and Lessons In Red & White

GDeep™

League is very weak
Cedric and Willian were free transfers. Mari cost £7m, not a huge fee.
Willian received a sign on fee and a package worth millions - wages/clauses etc as has Cedric at 30 for 4 years.

Seems your posting for the sake of it, you have nothing interesting to say. We already know there was no transfer fee involved for these terrible players.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Willian is a terrible signing. I see his thread is dead, we all know what it is, we’ve been done again by signing an old Chelsea player who is doing little or nothing at this club other than collecting wages.

Im sure we’ll play Villa or Sheffield Utd and he’ll look like Ronaldinho, he still has that odd game in him, but generally we know what it is now.

Let’s enjoy Cedric and Willian, collecting their wages for the next few years.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I disagree strongly with him on the football pyramid. Watering down the level of competition wasn’t really needed in a pre-Covid world.

People cling to the examples of Portsmouth but FFP has actually done a lot of good in stopping clubs going way beyond their means like Leeds had done in the past.

If anything the EFL has to shoulder a lot of blame because their new ownership test isn’t fit for purpose.

When there’s an example of a prospective owner only buying a well loved football club so he could run it into the dirt and sell it’s ground to property developers you wonder how he managed to hoodwink everyone.

Some form of financial restrictions wouldn’t go amiss, I don’t like salary caps as a rule but a beefed up FFP type model applying just to football league clubs could help.

The football league pyramid is possibly the crown jewel of English football. Well supported local teams that you just don’t get in other European countries.

Last edited:

Manberg

Predator
Willian received a sign on fee and a package worth millions - wages/clauses etc as has Cedric at 30 for 4 years.

Seems your posting for the sake of it, you have nothing interesting to say. We already know there was no transfer fee involved for these terrible players.

We're talking exclusively about transfer fees. There is a transfer fee budget and there is a wage budget. They are two separate entities.

say yes

forum master baiter
Trying to save airing my thoughts until I've read through everything, but at the moment I'm disappointed.

He's clearly a lovely, philosophical man. But - like many who are assured of their moral righteousness - he seems unable to admit or reflect on any of his mistakes.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Trying to save airing my thoughts until I've read through everything, but at the moment I'm disappointed.

He's clearly a lovely, philosophical man. But - like many who are assured of their moral righteousness - he seems unable to admit or reflect on any of his mistakes.
Surprise surprise.

GDeep™

League is very weak
“Wenger write a book and tell us everything you done wrong you French ******”.

We don’t ask this of anyone but you better do it Arsène, we want to read you beating yourself up about every small mistake you made in the extreme of situations.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Have they released the audiobook for you yet?
Couldn’t give a toss. Have no interest in his book or his interviews with Graham Norton or Sky.

Honestly don’t care what Wenger has to say now. If you’re not at Arsenal now then I have no energy for you.

Maybe if he was going to throw people under the bus but he’s too classy for that. Arsenal fans would’ve bashed him anyway if he threw others under the bus, very little Wenger can do right with fans.

Life lesson here somewhere, no matter what you do, in the end nobody cares or gives a ****, they’ll just remember what you didn’t do.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Wenger isn’t a legend at Arsenal. Doesn’t have a statue, has no role at the club, generally widely questioned. Cruyff at Barcelona is god, Wenger isn’t anything like that.

Now he releases a book and he’s viewed as some jealous, bitter and angry old man. Someone on here even says he’s jealous of Arteta.

I swear to god, I don’t see Wenger viewed as an Arsenal legend. He has very little respect in the Arsenal family.

Thanks for your 25 years, means very little though really. Enjoy your retirement where we will only talk about your shortcomings and people like Jose taking the piss out of you, while English football laughs.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Wenger isn’t a legend at Arsenal. Doesn’t have a statue, has no role at the club, generally widely questioned. Cruyff at Barcelona is god, Wenger isn’t anything like that.

Now he releases a book and he’s viewed as some jealous, bitter and angry old man. Someone on here even says he’s jealous of Arteta.

I swear to god, I don’t see Wenger viewed as an Arsenal legend. He has very little respect in the Arsenal family.
What's wrong with you :lol:

He is definitely a legend and the book has rekindled a lot of people's love for Wenger. None of this is true.

boxerumble

Baked Canadian

Thanks for your 25 years, means very little though really. Enjoy your retirement where we will only talk about your shortcomings and people like Jose taking the piss out of you, while English football laughs.
Show us on the doll where Arsène touched you..

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
Except the fact that Wenger is universally admired and respected in English football. Read any comment section to any article about him recently, even in a trash newspaper like Daily Mail and their readers, and you`ll see the difference in how Wenger and Mourinhi are regarded.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
What's wrong with you :lol:

He is definitely a legend and the book has rekindled a lot of people's love for Wenger. None of this is true.

Best way to deal with a child having a tantrum is to just go in the next room, turn the tv up and ignore him until he stops.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom