• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsène Wenger proposed changes to football

GDeep™

League is very weak
I thought Arteta revived a spark in you?
Yeah but if we don’t have a great summer I don’t know how much I have left in me tbh. Seriously, can’t do a summer of bum signings like Dani, Odson Edouard, Luiz again etc.

I wish Real would appoint Wenger. Then I can support them for a few years and leave this sport with Wenger.

Reactions: A_G

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I like it. I wont miss football at christmas--it's the time I need it the least tbh. It will be strange, but we've practically had a sneak peak at what it'd be like by having this poor excuse of a competition with no fans through the pandemic. I like the calendar year competition and I like the March-November period. It's perfect. From a selfish point of view, I wouldn't care if they scrapped the Euro's and just had a WC every two years tbh. I could handle that too.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
A swing and a miss from Arsène on this one.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Part of the appeal of these tournaments is that they are irregular. It wouldn't be the same every 2 years.

GDeep™

League is very weak
It makes sense. More competitive international football, more chances to see top players playing for their country.

Atm international football is totally meaningless.

A WC every two years puts it on par with a CL, where we can see who the best teams are on a regular basis.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

It makes sense. More competitive international football, more chances to see top players playing for their country.

Atm international football is totally meaningless.

A WC every two years puts it on par with a CL, where we can see who the best teams are on a regular basis.

Arsène Wenger could suggest bombing a small Island who's only population is a tribe and you'd back the idea you little ****.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I'll apologise if it meant moving everyone from Birmingham to that Island.
It’s a good ideas though. Why are we watching dead friendlies and nations cup games when we can watch the WC?

We watch the CL every year, it’ll be like that.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐

I like the idea tbh, avoids playing in extreme winter weather and bad pitches. Lowkey enjoy those PL matches in summer evenings after the restart.

I'm always here from more international tourneys. I enjoy them, and so does the average, non-footy, fan.

On a related note, the Euros must have brought in a ****-ton of money for this to be considered.

Reactions: A_G

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

It’s a good ideas though. Why are we watching dead friendlies and nations cup games when we can watch the WC?

We watch the CL every year, it’ll be like that.

I honestly don't give a sh*t mate.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

We don't need more international football, there is already enough as it is. Are we to have the Euros every second year with the World Cup in between? Might as well start cloning the players or making them into cyborgs. When you then add in the changes to the Champions League and Europa League...how is this going to work?

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Completely disagree with Wenger on this. Apart from the exclusivity of it happening every 4 years and the unnecessary number of games players will play in a year, it would create serious logistical issues with many countries, given the significant lead time and investment to host the tournament.

Latest posts

Top Bottom