• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsène Wenger proposed changes to football

GDeep™

League is very weak
We don't need more international football, there is already enough as it is. Are we to have the Euros every second year with the World Cup in between? Might as well start cloning the players or making them into cyborgs. When you then add in the changes to the Champions League and Europa League...how is this going to work?
Players are playing these games anyway with friendlies, nations league etc, world abd European qualifying.

You ditch the nations league to accommodate the WC.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I'm in favour of it if it means getting rid of friendlies and even that nations league ****e. Tournament football is the only good thing about international football.

Oh_Snap

Players are playing these games anyway with friendlies, nations league etc, world abd European qualifying.

You ditch the nations league to accommodate the WC.
Not against the Idea per se but when would the qualification games take place?

Oh_Snap

In Europe, when we play the Nations Cup? They’ll just ditch Nations Cup.
yeah but the plan is to shift the season from march to november? so i guess it's wc or ec in winter. there really isn't much space besides squeezing the qualification into the season. or am i missing something? either tournament is a different animal than a nations cup imho, physically and mentally. guess i just need more information to make my mind up

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
I don't like the idea of starting in Jan and ending in November. Summer days are not for following football, to me. They are about swimming, tennis, travel, barbecues, and short. intense, international tourneys.

With regards to scrapping all tertiary internationals, reducing the qualifiers, and having the WC and Euros every 2 years, i'm all for it.

blaze_of_glory

I don't like the idea of starting in Jan and ending in November. Summer days are not for following football, to me. They are about swimming, tennis, travel, barbecues, and short. intense, international tourneys.

With regards to scrapping all tertiary internationals, reducing the qualifiers, and having the WC and Euros every 2 years, i'm all for it.
Yeah agreed, fall is football start up time. Just one more reason why it's far and away the best season of the year (mostly this is because the sun goes back behind clouds where it belongs).

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Hard to know what to think about this. It's Wenger's idea so it's a fantastic idea that must be implemented immediately. But it's the WC every two years so it's a f*cking stupid idea, who the hell thought of that.

It's a tough one.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I would rather have a major international tournament every 6 years, rather than 2 years.

Still seems like such a weird idea from Arsène, really hope it doesn't happen.

Kav

Established Member
I’m of that era where we are accustomed to the four year cycle but I can see the appeal of doing it every 2 years. They would have to work out the qualifiers and the respective confederation tournaments around the globe.

It can be done. I say do World Cup every 3 years. 🤔

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Absolutely hate this idea of Arsène's.

Totally agree with less international breaks. But don't do that by making more international tournaments. It's as easy as getting rid of the majority international friendly weeks (UEFA Nations League bullshit).

Top Bottom