• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsène Wenger Stadium

Should Arsenal rename the Emirates Stadium after Arsène Wenger?

• Yes

• No

• Undecided/Not Sure/No opinion

Results are only viewable after voting.

Brown Gooner

DoN'T ceNsOR maH FreE SpEecH
I believe the greatest tribute that the club can pay to Arsène Wenger is to have the Stadium named after him.

Wenger made the Emirates what it is and he has played a huge part in Arsenal’s stable transition to a new stadium.

After the immense success at Highbury Wenger made huge sacrifices on the field to facilitate a debt free move to a bigger and better stadium. Also chances are very less that we will ever see a coach manage the same club for as long as he did. This will be the end of an Era in Football.

I know the current Emirates stadium naming rights deal runs for another decade so this name change is unlikely to happen anytime soon (especially given how greedy our board/owners are)

Hopefully 10-20 years from now we can follow Real Madrid and Ajax’s footsteps. Wenger’s legacy and name should be immortalized!

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
As much as I'd love that, naming rights are too lucrative for that to happen.. Best case we'll name a stand after him..

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Its going to happen, I can almost guarantee it. And I'd go further to say that Arsenal will negotiate to change the name sooner than the ten or so years.

Arsenal to play their second leg against Madrid at the Wenger.

Brown Gooner

As much as I'd love that, naming rights are too lucrative for that to happen.. Best case we'll name a stand after him..
I think the Emirates deal ends in 2028.

When Real Madrid (biggest club in Spain) and Ajax (biggest Dutch club) can do it, Why can’t Arsenal?

Those two clubs also have a richer European history than us, so no excuses really!

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I don't know if naming a stand after him would really work, are there even stands in a symmetrical bowl? It works at Old Trafford cos there's individual stands, but at the Emirates i'm not sure. I like the idea of naming the whole thing after him. But what would be the shorthand, 'The Wenger'? e.g "Inter Milan are coming to play at The Wenger for the 2nd time in 4 years in the knockout stages".

I suppose if you say it for long enough then eventually it'll sound normal.

say yes

forum master baiter
It’s a no-brainer tbh. Emirates pay us peanuts for the current naming rights as well.

The Arsène Wenger Arena sounds best to me.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Like the idea of a statue at the stadium & naming the training ground after him. Seems a good fit.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Even an outspoken long term critic of Wenger, Piers Morgan, thinks the same.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/6104690/piers-morgan-arsenal-Arséne-wenger-stadium/

No matter how much sense Piers Morgan, DT, Claude, Troopz think they are speaking now. Their contributions mean jack **** in my opinion.

They should just all shut up and let those who actually respected the man, as a person, speak. Perhaps they could learn something.

Here's to their finances plummeting, now that they cannot make money off public insulting Wenger anymore.

Back to the topic. I sincerely hope the club make this happen. It truly is a wonderful way to remember this living legend and his contribution to our club.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Would be a fitting tribute considering the stadium move is his legacy. History will remember him as an invincible who took us from Highbury to the Emirates.

Stuck around when he could’ve gone elsewhere, took all the bullets since 2006, seems like he has given his career, blood, sweat and tears for the Emirates dream.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Here's to their finances plummeting, now that they cannot make money off public insulting Wenger anymore.
When you say 'plummeting' you mean 'going through the ceiling', right? Because that's what's going to happen :lol: But that's for the other thread.

Brown Gooner

@SA Gunner - Just thought bringing that up would put things into perspective.

Every Arsenal fan however stupid or idiotic or toxic will always respect Wenger for his services to this club. No matter how anti-Wenger someone was in the past, everyone unanimously agrees that Wenger will be remembered as a legendary icon in Arsenal’s history and therefore even someone like Morgan accepts that the stadium should be named after Wenger.

Top Bottom