• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsexit

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
When was the last an Arsenal manager lost in round 2 of the League Cup?

Another record for my boy Arteta to break next season perhaps? :lol:

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A season out of Europe didn't necessarily do Chelsea any harm.
Liverpool in 13/14 is another example, they went from 7th to title challengers. You could see from the way they pressed and attacked how much the extra time on the training ground benefitted them.

Riou

We won't go from 0 to 100 like Chelsea and Liverpool did, we don't have players as good as what they had at the time.

But provided Mikel (if he stops ****ing around with the team/ treatment of certain players, and if he is still in charge) we definitely could be much closer to Top Four with no European football to take our focus...should be aiming for at least 5th next season, need to definitely finish above Sp**s too.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
We won't go from 0 to 100 like Chelsea and Liverpool did, we don't have players as good as what they had at the time.
Liverpool had Mignolet, Jon Flanagan (remember him?!), Glen Johnson, Sakho and Skrtel in defence. Lucas Leiva, Joe Allen and a washed up Kolo Toure also made 20+ appearances in the league.

Of course in attack they had Suarez but Auba has shown Golden Boot winning form at his best. Saka can certainly contribute like a young Sterling did, just need to find a Sturridge equivalent whether that's Laca, Pepe or Martinelli...

Riou

Liverpool had Mignolet, Jon Flanagan (remember him?!), Glen Johnson, Sakho and Skrtel in defence. Lucas Leiva, Joe Allen and a washed up Kolo Toure also made 20+ appearances in the league.

Of course in attack they had Suarez but Auba has shown Golden Boot winning form at his best. Saka can certainly contribute like a young Sterling did, just need to find a Sturridge equivalent whether that's Laca, Pepe or Martinelli...

Can't believe Big Kolo was still challenging for the league in 2014, what a legend!

None of our strikers are as good as peak Sturridge for me, thought he was a quality striker...Suarez being super human really took them up another level that we can't reach, plus they had Coutinho too...Sakho and Sktrel are probably as good as our best pair at the back, tbh and Johnson and Flanagan are better than current Bellerin...their team was better imo, much better attack would makes a massive difference.

You could say the league was slightly easier then though, I guess...Sp**s were even worse than they are now and United hit the skids under Moyseh, so them getting top four was more likely.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
None of our strikers are as good as peak Sturridge for me, thought he was a quality striker...Suarez being super human really took them up another level that we can't reach, plus they had Coutinho too...Sakho and Sktrel are probably as good as our best pair at the back, tbh and Johnson and Flanagan are better than current Bellerin...their team was better imo, much better attack would makes a massive difference.
How can you say Liverpool's defensive players are all better when they conceded 50 goals that season? :lol:

Their attack was incredible but why was that? How did they go from scoring 71 goals in the league to 101 the following season with no major attacking signings?

Riou

How can you say Liverpool's defensive players are all better when they conceded 50 goals that season? :lol:

Rodgers was was more attacking than Arteta...if you picked our best goalkeeper and back 4, I don't see much difference if you also picked theirs...but Rodgers always had them on the front foot, which made a difference.

Will probably only end up letting in around 10 less than them this season, not a much difference.

Their attack was incredible but why was that? How did they go from scoring 71 goals in the league to 101 the following season with no major attacking signings?

That is probably a bit lucky, to increase it that much...though didn't Sturridge and Coutinho only sign for them in January the previous year, that probably helped having them 2 for a full season and settled...think Raheem only became a starter from around January on too.

I just can't see this squad of players getting top four yet, tbh...should be higher up though.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Rodgers was was more attacking than Arteta...if you picked our best goalkeeper and back 4, I don't see much difference if you also picked theirs...but Rodgers always had them on the front foot, which made a difference.

Will probably only end up letting in around 10 less than them this season, not a much difference.

That is probably a bit lucky, to increase it that much...though didn't Sturridge and Coutinho only sign for them in January the previous year, that probably helped having them 2 for a full season and settled...think Raheem only became a starter from around January on too.

I just can't see this squad of players getting top four yet, tbh...should be higher up though.
I'm seeing a lot of excuses for cone boy. Sad.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
No European football means we need a smaller squad. So in theory we could offload a number of players and replace them with fewer but higher quality players.

However, the history of getting rid of surplus players is abysmal and the only top players likely to come to a club outside the European competitions are washed-up players like Aguero who would probably be an expensive disaster due to injuries etc.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
No European football means we need a smaller squad. So in theory we could offload a number of players and replace them with fewer but higher quality players.

However, the history of getting rid of surplus players is abysmal and the only top players likely to come to a club outside the European competitions are washed-up players like Aguero who would probably be an expensive disaster due to injuries etc.
We've got 8 CBs, some of them could go for a kick off.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal

Suarez outscored both Messi and Ronaldo that season if you exclude penalties. Golden Boot winning Auba just doesn't quite compare unfortunately.

Reactions: A_G

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
Suarez outscored both Messi and Ronaldo that season if you exclude penalties. Golden Boot winning Auba just doesn't quite compare unfortunately.
Suarez scored goals for fun and some of them were created all by himself. He dribbled past multiple defenders and he was a threat in the penalty box. One of the best strikers around

Auba can only dream of that ratfaced mouthbreather Suarez skills

Top Bottom