• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta and Edu(ardo Hagn)'s Transfer Targets: January 2021

Will We Sign The Attacking Midfielder We Need?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

When I saw Watkins against us he was everything that Lacazette, wasn't that day. Mobile, great hold up play, strong, good in the air. He's been a big part in why Villa have improved in my opinion.

Brentford have got good scouting, apparently Toney topped their recruitment process metrics. I don't know if he's good enough, it's why I asked the question, but I certainly won't dismiss him because he plays in the Championship. People want Oliese and he's much less experienced, but he looks a very good talent.
Watkins has 6 goals in 15 pl games in which he started all
Lacazette has 7 goals in 15 pl games in which he started 11

villa has 29 goals while we have 20. Villa has played 3 games less, scoring 9 goals more and have more shots on goal and chances created. Villa also has the player that created second most chances in the league in grealish. There is nothing that says Watkins has performed better than lacazette who is clearly superior player. Any striker will suffer in a team playing as slow and negative as we are.

Goonger

Watkins has 6 goals in 15 pl games in which he started all
Lacazette has 7 goals in 15 pl games in which he started 11

villa has 29 goals while we have 20. Villa has played 3 games less, scoring 9 goals more and have more shots on goal and chances created. Villa also has the player that created second most chances in the league in grealish. There is nothing that says Watkins has performed better than lacazette who is clearly superior player. Any striker will suffer in a team playing as slow and negative as we are.

Can easily turn that argument and say that Watkins play has helped Villa's overall attacking play though, which is something we need our centre forward to do more.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Think Lee Kang-In is someone we should be trying to get in the summer.

Didn’t realise his contract is up in 2022 and it’s how Ferran forced his way to City. He’s a real talent that might not be too expensive.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Since we never do anything on the weekends, after Monday, Edu and Arteta have left themselves a massive 13 days to shift out Sokratis, Özil, Runnaraon, and Mustafi. While also bringing in a Runnarson replacement.

5 deals, in 13 days. That's not even talking about what we actually need to improve. All part of the long term technical plan!

I wouldn't be surprised if we extended Lacazette rather than buy someone. Seems like it's easier to do. God forbid we actually scout someone, identity an upgrade, and buy them.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Is there no way we could make a big splash on Rice and Grealish? That Depay, an explosive winger and a couple of fullbacks like Montiel and Bernat with a back up GK would put us right in contention for the league.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Seen some links to Ivan Toney this summer to replace Lacazette. Think he could make the step up like Watkins?
Someone I mentioned previously. I believe he is the current top scorer in English football and one who would give us a presence in the box. He scores goals and just because he is in the championship doesn't mean that he isn't good enough for us.

Last edited:

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Someone I mentioned previously. I believe he is the current top scorer in English football and one who would give us a presence in the box. He scores goals and just because he is in the championship doesn't mean that he isn't good enough for us.

Newcastle let him go, how many teams release players that go on to perform? Sometimes players need to leave to develop. I like him.
Looking at him. Seems pretty strong and his physical profile bar his height is something we could do with as an option but he looks tragic on the ball. He can barely sort his feet out and the goals seem like they're happening to him rather than him making them happen.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Rice is linked to Man Utd and Chelski :(

Imagine....

Auba-Depay-Dybala
Grealish-Rice-Partey
Tierney-Magha-Stones-Aarons
Leno

We should take out another 300m Bank of England loan imo

Malky

Established Member
Since we never do anything on the weekends, after Monday, Edu and Arteta have left themselves a massive 13 days to shift out Sokratis, Özil, Runnaraon, and Mustafi. While also bringing in a Runnarson replacement.

5 deals, in 13 days. That's not even talking about what we actually need to improve. All part of the long term technical plan!

I wouldn't be surprised if we extended Lacazette rather than buy someone. Seems like it's easier to do. God forbid we actually scout someone, identity an upgrade, and buy them.
They'll spend the rest of the 13 days just trying to shift Özil, they'll panic and end up paying him out his contract - just to get him out the door. That'll be it, they'll claim that was their plan for this window.
We might get lucky and shift Sokratis aswel. Mustafi will leave as a free agent in the summer and who the **** is taking Runnarson on £40K a week? :lol:

bingobob

Trusted ⭐

Looking at him. Seems pretty strong and his physical profile bar his height is something we could do with as an option but he looks tragic on the ball. He can barely sort his feet out and the goals seem like they're happening to him rather than him making them happen.
We must be watching different videos.

Fwiw I don't mind if someone runs funny, looks awkward or has goofy feet as long as they do the job they are delivering.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
We must be watching different videos.

Fwiw I don't mind if someone runs funny, looks awkward or has goofy feet as long as they do the job they are delivering.
Its not that. His goals seem like accidents and his legs seem heavy when he has to control the ball or sort his feet out in time. That will cause problems stepping up quite a few levels above to PL and with Arsenal. That said I like his attitude and he could be a decent option to rotate with. I like his presence and work ethic while technique isn't the end of the world. He looks interesting when attacking high balls in the air and in physical duels.

bingobob

Trusted ⭐

Its not that. His goals seem like accidents and his legs seem heavy when he has to control the ball or sort his feet out in time. That will cause problems stepping up quite a few levels above to PL and with Arsenal. That said I like his attitude and he could be a decent option to rotate with. I like his presence and work ethic while technique isn't the end of the world. He looks interesting when attacking high balls in the air and in physical duels.
I think its fair to say someone that's scored 16 goals in 22 games isn't doing so by accident. I think with the way we play we need a physical presence and a number 10. He would certainly add the presence.

Goonger

Is there no way we could make a big splash on Rice and Grealish? That Depay, an explosive winger and a couple of fullbacks like Montiel and Bernat with a back up GK would put us right in contention for the league.

Unfortunately Rice going back to Chelsea is the obvious transfer. Your talking £80M+ to convince West Ham to sell, money that we don't have. That & him returning where he was a youth, Lampard as manager, best mates with Mason Mount etc, I think they would be string favourites. Chelsea's interest might change if Lampard gets replaced mind you.

Likewise, because of the sheer money involved Grealish going to Utd is the most obvious transfer there. For that to happen I think you are talking £100M. Be interesting to see who Utd prioritise out of him & Sancho next summer. Even with Pogba leaving I doubt they afford both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom