• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta and Edu(ardo Hagn)'s Transfer Targets: January 2021

Will We Sign The Attacking Midfielder We Need?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I get torn with Grealish' price. But I think hes probably the only player on that level who is attainable that would actually improve us drastically.

Every team needs a special player who can create something from nothing.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Lock the thread, we're not signing anybody. The club is strapped for cash now and it's only going to get worse without European money unless we win another cup, which is very unlikely. We had to remortgage to get Partey . . .and then there's Covid with no gate money.

The club needs to free up wages this summer and sell players to get anybody else.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Lock the thread, we're not signing anybody. The club is strapped for cash now and it's only going to get worse without European money unless we win another cup, which is very unlikely. We had to remortgage to get Partey . . .and then there's Covid with no gate money.

The club needs to free up wages this summer and sell players to get anybody else.

Been told this the past two summers bro, getting boring now.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Grealish is near impossible to get even if he available teams like man city Liverpool Chelsea all after him. Not impossible but we not in position to sign him and we need to improve the midfield probably buy backup LB and striker if laca leave.

roz

Fake News Merchant
Grealish as good a player as he is will never be worth more than 50million, probably would have to pay nearer double that to get him in. Avoid.

Wait til the summer. ID your targets and get them in for a decent pre-season.

Signing players in January shows a failure in strategy from the summer.
Only time its worth doing is in an injury crisis or challenging for the title and you need that extra push, or if a ridiculously good player is available at a decent price - extremely rare.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Grealish as good a player as he is will never be worth more than 50million, probably would have to pay nearer double that to get him in. Avoid.

Wait til the summer. ID your targets and get them in for a decent pre-season.

Signing players in January shows a failure in strategy from the summer.
Only time its worth doing is in an injury crisis or challenging for the title and you need that extra push, or if a ridiculously good player is available at a decent price - extremely rare.

Van Dijk and Bruno Fernandes were both signed in winter windows because the clubs couldn't get deals done in the summer prior. If you can get it done in the winter you do it.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Stop gap loan for 10 and a back up keeper. That's all I expect from this window. We may not even get both of them in either.

Spending significant amounts of money this window is unrealistic with all the Covid-19 related financial issues and uncertainty.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Read an interesting Athletic article which is basically saying this is possibly the deadest transfer window ever.

Clubs across Europe literally have no money. Wolves are getting slowly sucked into a relegation battle and even with Mendes’ connections all they can do is recall Cutrone to cover for Jiminez.

There might be a flurry of loans and player swaps but with various Covid restrictions on entering countries even those are difficult.

It’s having a knock in with extensions, there’s a bunch of players whose contracts are expiring very soon but clubs haven’t got the finances right now to improve on their wages.

My expectations now are pretty much zero. Maybe an Eriksen type on loan and a back up goalie but Buendia isn’t going to happen.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Read an interesting Athletic article which is basically saying this is possibly the deadest transfer window ever.

Clubs across Europe literally have no money. Wolves are getting slowly sucked into a relegation battle and even with Mendes’ connections all they can do is recall Cutrone to cover for Jiminez.

There might be a flurry of loans and player swaps but with various Covid restrictions on entering countries even those are difficult.

It’s having a knock in with extensions, there’s a bunch of players whose contracts are expiring very soon but clubs haven’t got the finances right now to improve on their wages.

My expectations now are pretty much zero. Maybe an Eriksen type on loan and a back up goalie but Buendia isn’t going to happen.
Spot on.

Bloodbather

Established Member

I remember reading not too long ago that player swaps would be next big thing in European football in the Covid-induced market. Hasn't quite happened yet, but I think it's likely that we start seeing it more often in the near future.

I also expect an up-spike in intranational transfers due to the relative ease of navigating the Covid travel restrictions.

TornadoTed

Established Member

I'm not expecting the summer to be much better, football has lost countless billions. It might take years for it to get back to how it was, if ever.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I'm not expecting the summer to be much better, football has lost countless billions. It might take years for it to get back to how it was, if ever.

Yeah I think there was a lot more optimism last summer that numbers were falling and fans would be back in full by now.

Obviously that was completely off and it’ll likely be next season before fans are back in.

Iceman10

Established Member
You dumboo...you made his point.

Kew word - Summer

Not really. He’s making the point that supposed itk’s have often been totally off with our finances and money available for transfers. If the right player is available for transfer for 30m I wouldn’t rule it out, although of course I would rule out Grealish who belongs in the wish list for now.

Most likely of course though is something like approaching Real Madrid towards the end of this window and saying they should be able to let one of Isco or Ødegaard out on loan. As this would be transfer activity along with the move for reserve GK, obviously this thread cannot be locked.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Grealish is near impossible to get even if he available teams like man city Liverpool Chelsea all after him. Not impossible but we not in position to sign him and we need to improve the midfield probably buy backup LB and striker if laca leave.
I think the only thing that helps us is can those teams guarantee they will play him? If he comes here he starts no questions asked. I've no doubt he will back himself at those other teams but we certainly have the greater need and less chance of competition /rotation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom