• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta and Edu(ardo Hagn)'s Transfer Targets: January 2021

Will We Sign The Attacking Midfielder We Need?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Only the finalization was completed in a matter of hours. The transfer itself was pretty drawn out due to the financial negotations.
It was as simple as triggering the release clause with the player's consent and depositing the balance with La Liga. It doesn't get any easier. That we tried to get him cheaper when there was a clear and concise method of signing him below market value doesn't mean the transfer was difficult.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Have heard he's really good outside of the box/holding it up/linking the play, but his goalscoring record isn't the best. Definitely one to keep and eye on though.
His goalscoring record isn't really that bad this season imo if you consider that he's sharing the minutes with another decent striker in Willian Jose who brings different qualities to the table. 4 non penalty goals in 10.2 90s this season with 0.5 npxG/90. Only Suarez and Messi have better npxG in la liga this season.

He's a bit of a street baller similar to Martial with good link up, flicks, 1-2s and all that. Pretty fast also for a guy his size with good shot technique with both feet. Needs to work on his target man game though, that's why he's been sharing a lot of minutes with Willan Jose who is a Giroud type target man.

Last edited:

Bloodbather

Established Member

It was as simple as triggering the release clause with the player's consent and depositing the balance with La Liga. It doesn't get any easier. That we tried to get him cheaper when there was a clear and concise method of signing him below market value doesn't mean the transfer was difficult.

Again, you're talking about the finalization of the transfer. Getting the budget right to able to trigger the release clause took time, that's why it was a difficult transfer. It was a major payment.

Iceman10

Established Member
Again, you're talking about the finalization of the transfer. Getting the budget right to able to trigger the release clause took time, that's why it was a difficult transfer. It was a major payment.

In time we will learn the truth, but there is another theory, one where we were sandbagging on Partey until we had fully explored other transfers during the window, like Aouar, making out to selling clubs that we were poor when we were not. I don’t think anyone has the authoritative account on what was going on at our club, although I do think the Kroenkes were always fine to have the money put up for the Partey RC as long as we were within limits of financial fair play stuff.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Depay want barca and Aouar his attitude seem bit off he look someone use clubs stepping stone to move to bigger clubs for more money still i wouldn't mind have him for 3-4 years then sell him to someone like PSG madrid

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Depay want barca and Aouar his attitude seem bit off he look someone use clubs stepping stone to move to bigger clubs for more money still i wouldn't mind have him for 3-4 years then sell him to someone like PSG madrid

Tbh I don't see it as a big problem to have ambitious/arrogant players who want to play for Barca/Madrid. You sign them to good contracts, get good performances from them on the pitch and if they're good enough Barca/Madrid will pay you a lot of money for them. I'd rather have 3-4 seasons from a world class player than 7-8 seasons from a mediocre player who's just content to be playing for Arsenal.

Legend14

Established Member
Tbh I don't see it as a big problem to have ambitious/arrogant players who want to play for Barca/Madrid. You sign them to good contracts, get good performances from them on the pitch and if they're good enough Barca/Madrid will pay you a lot of money for them. I'd rather have 3-4 seasons from a world class player than 7-8 seasons from a mediocre player who's just content to be playing for Arsenal.

We should recruit more players like Tierney, Saka, Martinelli, Gabriel. It seems they just want to play football and are not worried about glory or paycheck. There must be more players out there like this who can help us establish our new brand.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
I think the ship has sailed for us and Aouar to be honest.

Think Aouar (and Depay fwiw) are just about within reach. I mean this is a bad Arsenal squad but Lyon to Arsenal is still a step up. I didn't think Partey was realistic but that happened. Aouar and Depay are high profile but it's not like we're talking about signing Neymar, KDB, Kimmich or whoever.

I mean jesus gotta be ambitious at least.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
We should recruit more players like Tierney, Saka, Martinelli, Gabriel. It seems they just want to play football and are not worried about glory or paycheck. There must be more players out there like this who can help us establish our new brand.

We need to recruit better players, simple as that. Also those players you mention also want glory and money, who doesn't.

Legend14

Established Member
Think Aouar (and Depay fwiw) are just about within reach. I mean this is a bad Arsenal squad but Lyon to Arsenal is still a step up. I didn't think Partey was realistic but that happened. Aouar and Depay are high profile but it's not like we're talking about signing Neymar, KDB, Kimmich or whoever.

I mean jesus gotta be ambitious at least.
I think Depay is an ok player. Where would Aouar play and how does he make us better? He definitely does not defend, has a bit of an Prima Dona attitude in contrast to our young players; so do we end up with a lesser talented, but smarter Pepe?

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Laca and Pepe swap for Aouar and Depay...maybe even give them Saliba on loan for a year next season too, as Arteta isn't gonna ****ing play him.
Yeah, Laca and Pepe will surely agree to that. Depay is Lyon’s highest earner and he’s on ~70k/w :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

There is no chance of Sol ever leaving for Arsenal. He is a Spurs fan and there is not a hope in hell of him playing in an Arsenal shirt.

David Buchler, Tottenham Vice-Chairman, 2001
Top Bottom