• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta and Edu(ardo Hagn)'s Transfer Targets: January 2021

Will We Sign The Attacking Midfielder We Need?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Again, you're talking about the finalization of the transfer. Getting the budget right to able to trigger the release clause took time, that's why it was a difficult transfer. It was a major payment.
You have absolutely no evidence to that effect but making things up is fun I guess.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
No idea about Christie but from this he looks like a midfielder who presses a lot, shoots a lot and loses the ball a lot. Also the fact he's 26 next month and has never played outside of Scotland is a bit of a concern. But @bingobob would know more.

EsASee8XUAEZ3mw

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
No idea about Christie but from this he looks like a midfielder who presses a lot, shoots a lot and loses the ball a lot. Also the fact he's 26 next month and has never played outside of Scotland is a bit of a concern. But @bingobob would know more.

EsASee8XUAEZ3mw

I saw quite a lot of Celtic fans on social media laughing at the idea when the rumour surfaced a few weeks ago. They didn’t seem to think he was close to good enough.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I saw quite a lot of Celtic fans on social media laughing at the idea when the rumour surfaced a few weeks ago. They didn’t seem to think he was close to good enough.
A lot of Celtic fans don't like him because he has basically said he is leaving and failed to really impress against Rangers. He has a tendency to shoot a lot when maybe there are better options.

@dashsnow17 I like him personally. He is a high tempo high energy player. A more traditional British ten than a continental 10. He doesn't go missing, he gets stuck in, will shoot from distance. He has decent technique also. He is out of contract very soon and I think he would be a low risk low cost signing when fees and wages are factored in. I'd say he is on 10 to 20k pw at Celtic just now.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
A lot of Celtic fans don't like him because he has basically said he is leaving and failed to really impress against Rangers. He has a tendency to shoot a lot when maybe there are better options.

@dashsnow17 I like him personally. He is a high tempo high energy player. A more traditional British ten than a continental 10. He doesn't go missing, he gets stuck in, will shoot from distance. He has decent technique also. He is out of contract very soon and I think he would be a low risk low cost signing when fees and wages are factored in. I'd say he is on 10 to 20k pw at Celtic just now.
Would it be fair to say he’s more of a Bruno Fernandez type than a David Silva? From what I’ve seen on YouTube he seems like a real gunslinger. Lots of shots outside the box. What’s his vision like?

Goonger

I don't think he's set the first team alight material, but I'd say he's a very decent low cost option to fill a squad place, both in terms of fee & wages. And he could surprise us similar to what John McGinn has done.

bingobob

Trusted ⭐

Would it be fair to say he’s more of a Bruno Fernandez type than a David Silva? From what I’ve seen on YouTube he seems like a real gunslinger. Lots of shots outside the box. What’s his vision like?
100% more Bruno. He will chase everything and fire in 15 shots a game.

I think he has decent vision but I wouldn't say its great. I think a lot of Celtic fans underrate him because the whole team has regressed considerably. Oddly enough they blame Neil Lennon for that regression as virtually every player is less fit and look a shadow of their former selves. Yet Christie somehow doesn't get pooled with the likes of Edouard and McGregor who have fell off a cliff this season.

Christie, like Armstrong, was one of the best players under Rodgers. I'd say most people view Stuart Armstrong as a decent player who fits in very well at Southampton. I think Christie is a better all rounded player. Armstrong had one peak season at Celtic for goals whereas Christie has consistently scored goals domestically and in Europe.

bingobob

Trusted ⭐

What I would say is we look at Tierney as a bargain for 25m. John McGinn was available 3m and he is now a what 30 to 40m player? VVD 12m to Southampton. The bargains are there to be had if you're willing to take a gamble. Someone like Christie may or may not come off but if it comes off for another team you can rest assured we won't be able to buy him in the future.

Low risk high reward in my view. 7m gets him IMO that's what we paid Özil to leave. 7m for a potentially goal scoring midfielder in today's market? 100% worth the risk involved.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
What I would say is we look at Tierney as a bargain for 25m. John McGinn was available 3m and he is now a what 30 to 40m player? VVD 12m to Southampton. The bargains are there to be had if you're willing to take a gamble. Someone like Christie may or may not come off but if it comes off for another team you can rest assured we won't be able to buy him in the future.

Low risk high reward in my view. 7m gets him IMO that's what we paid Özil to leave. 7m for a potentially goal scoring midfielder in today's market? 100% worth the risk involved.
7m is an asbolute bargain. Is that said somewhere? For that price you can buy him, try him, and then break even or make profit selling him to a PL or Championship side if he doesnt work out.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Saying that I don't want Christie if he actually takes away from a marquee creative signing in the summer. Would only like him as a squad option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom