• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta and Edu(ardo Hagn)'s Transfer Targets: January 2021

Will We Sign The Attacking Midfielder We Need?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
We won't sign Grealish obviously, but man...one good season in what, over a decade...and you have all these Villa players calling us out, **** off!

Look forward to them returning to averageness, in the near future.

Last edited:

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
We arent viewed as a serious club anymore, just sign freebies or loans along with chelsea pensioners/rejects!!

For me it's on a knife edge. We've done loads of awful and questionable stuff but if we get next summer right it's all different.

Chances are we won't though

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

For me it's on a knife edge. We've done loads of awful and questionable stuff but if we get next summer right it's all different.

I agree they have alot work todo, tbh we either go young or buy aload of mercs or both. For anybody in their mid 20s who is decent we are well below in the pecking order.

If mustafi leaves, there is only 5 maybe 6 players id get rid of and rebuild from there. Grealish level signings you can forget it.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan

Arsenal won't. You cannot clear a squad with a window or two, without a clear project - especially if you don't have the money big spenders have - we are all testament to that thinking this for years and years. Whoever thinks this team is gonna be trimmed to a proper sustained top 4 challenge in one coming summer window by some miracle is a bit off, imo. If you don't have unreasonable funds you build squads over years as a project with certain goals in mind. Don't see that happening here right now. We pin hopes on individuals again, not a certain way.

dave_rwr

Established Member
"If you look at Arsenal, the last 10 years, they aren't even a top six team"

...ok, Gabby, whatever you say :lol:

I mean, his timeline is way off, and top six is a stretch, but we haven't finished in the Champion's League spots since 15/16 and assuming that's what signifies a top team in this league, he has a point. No matter how much we're all understandably clinging to our idea of this club being one of the top clubs in the country.

And assuming that Grealish has made enough of a name for himself that he will only move to a top team, it's hard to say he's wrong.

Arsenal has a world of history and is a big club. But to say that we are currently a top club that the top players want to move to is a stretch.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I mean, his timeline is way off, and top six is a stretch, but we haven't finished in the Champion's League spots since 15/16 and assuming that's what signifies a top team in this league, he has a point. No matter how much we're all understandably clinging to our idea of this club being one of the top clubs in the country.

And assuming that Grealish has made enough of a name for himself that he will only move to a top team, it's hard to say he's wrong.

Arsenal has a world of history and is a big club. But to say that we are currently a top club that the top players want to move to is a stretch.

I agree, the last 5 or so years have knocked us down a bit, have some climbing to do now.

But we will always be a nice draw as a team, signing Partey and even Ødegaard to a lesser degree show that, even at our lowest in decades, very talented players want to join us...will take much, MUCH more damage for The Arsenal shine to wear off!

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I agree, the last 5 or so years have knocked us down a bit, have some climbing to do now.

But we will always be a nice draw as a team, signing Partey and even Ødegaard to a lesser degree show that, even at our lowest in decades, very talented players want to join us...will take much, MUCH more damage for The Arsenal shine to wear off!

Think maybe our reputation is better abroad than in the UK. We've been a joke club in the UK media for so long than it's probably seeped into players' thinking.

But at the end of the day I think if you have a star, a legit player, that's gonna attract other players. Players care about money and trophies etc of course, but they also wanna play with stars.

Auba's our only star and arguably we got him a couple of years too late. Partey could be a star if he added 5-10 clutch goals a season. But mostly we're a squad of some good some bad players, but no real star that other players would wanna come here to play with. We're missing an Alexis, a Cesc, an RvP.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Arsenal won't. You cannot clear a squad with a window or two, without a clear project - especially if you don't have the money big spenders have - we are all testament to that thinking this for years and years. Whoever thinks this team is gonna be trimmed to a proper sustained top 4 challenge in one coming summer window by some miracle is a bit off, imo. If you don't have unreasonable funds you build squads over years as a project with certain goals in mind. Don't see that happening here right now. We pin hopes on individuals again, not a certain way.

Yeah for sure. I think the perception around us, the fan mood and prospective player perception of us can go either way depending on this summer. If this summer we show real intent in terms of smart buys and proper squad building all those things will go one way because it'll look like the start of a journey. We keep making mistakes and it's more steps down the wrong path and people will view us accordingly.

Multipass

So much hate going around. I think this has shaped up to be a good window. Özil, sokratis, kolasinac (loan) and maybe mustafi out will do wonders for our squad harmony. None of them were contributing on the field so it’s a win to have them go, even if we had to pay a bit to make it happen.

ryan and ødegaard are great cover signings. They will both contribute to depth and the latter maybe more - we can’t expect a novice in ESR to maintain this form for another 25 games.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
Guys correct me if I'm wrong

How are we going to fit all non hg players? Especially when we are looking for a LB and amavi being the latest to be linked
For epl kolasinac and probably runnarson will be unregistered. Ødegaard and Ryan in.
Maybe mustafi out (as per the contract termination rumors) new lb in
This is ok
But europa has different rules where martinelli has to be registered as well unlike epl.
So even with mustafi out, we can bring martinelli in for him but no space for a back up lb
Who do we drop incase we sign a LB? Probably chambers as he has not been involved at all. Would love if it's willian but that's not gonna happen.

This also stresses the fact that we need to move mustafi on or he's just gonna stay like Sok for 6 months.

Wryer

Comes to a point where our transfer dealings are so bad that I'm quite indifferent to who we sign. Saliba, Runnarson, Willian are all sack-worthy decisions. I don't know who is the decision maker already.

Legend14

Established Member
Comes to a point where our transfer dealings are so bad that I'm quite indifferent to who we sign. Saliba, Runnarson, Willian are all sack-worthy decisions. I don't know who is the decision maker already.
Saliba didn’t seem to be a bad decision, just poor execution.

It isn't one season, we began the previous years with Partey, Leno, Gabriel, Mari, Tierney, and luckily for us a few of our youngsters have come up and performed solidly, with the hope of even some more rising to the occasion (Massively vouching for Reiss). We would have done better by getting rid of AMN and keeping Martinez but that is water under the bridge now.

Leno
Bellerine.....Holding........Mari/Gabriel.......Tierney
Bissouma/Zakaria
Partey...................................Rowe
Saka................................Laca.....................Auba

I don't see how this team doesn't make the top four. Imo we are addressing the wrong needs like we always do with Ødegaard's pursuit especially on loan. Just give Rowe/ Nelson the minutes and let them develop. Throw most of the resources on a backup LB and a DM and we pretty much sorted.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
So much hate going around. I think this has shaped up to be a good window. Özil, sokratis, kolasinac (loan) and maybe mustafi out will do wonders for our squad harmony. None of them were contributing on the field so it’s a win to have them go, even if we had to pay a bit to make it happen.

ryan and ødegaard are great cover signings. They will both contribute to depth and the latter maybe more - we can’t expect a novice in ESR to maintain this form for another 25 games.

I think we can say it's a good window if we get a left back. The squad harmony is an important point.

Kola, Mustafi, Özil and Sokratis is clearly a click. Imagine going to training every day and you have these 4 senior players turning up to training, two of them are not involved at all and the other two barely play. The atmosphere must be so awkward.

If you look at the summer, without his buddies around Kola will most likely seek a permanent move. The summer will be about outgoings just as much as incomings.

Elneny, Xhaka, Lacazette, Bellerin, Luiz, Ceballos, AMN, Guendouzi, Torreira, Chambers, Willock, Nelson, Nketiah, and Runnarson.

I would be looking to shift all of those players out. It seems like a lot, but Luiz and Ceballos are gone anyway. Torreira, Guendouzi, Chambers, Willock, Nelson, Nketiah, Balogun, AMN and Runnarson are literally surplus to requirements.

Its literally 14 out and 5 in.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
It isn't one season, we began the previous years with Partey, Leno, Gabriel, Mari, Tierney, and luckily for us a few of our youngsters have come up and performed solidly, with the hope of even some more rising to the occasion (Massively vouching for Reiss). We would have done better by getting rid of AMN and keeping Martinez but that is water under the bridge now.

Leno
Bellerine.....Holding........Mari/Gabriel.......Tierney
Bissouma/Zakaria

I don't see how this team doesn't make the top four. Imo we are addressing the wrong needs like we always do with Ødegaard's pursuit especially on loan. Just give Rowe/ Nelson the minutes and let them develop. Throw most of the resources on a backup LB and a DM and we pretty much sorted.

Hm, I don't see how a team with Holding and Lacazette as first choices is gonna make top 4. Those aren't CL players.

Hm, I don't see how a team with Holding and Lacazette as first choices is gonna make top 4. Those aren't CL players.
Have you looked at individual defenders of teams that finished above Arsenal last season? I think Laca has improved but you are certainly right about him.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
We pin hopes on individuals again, not a certain way.
No plan is why. Incompetent leadership.
Leno
Bellerin.....Holding........Mari/Gabriel.......Tierney
Bissouma/Zakaria

I don't see how this team doesn't make the top four.
I've highlighted for you how. Also very little quality to back the front 6 up as stands. Drop off is huge if we'd pick up the inevitable injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom