• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta and Edu(ardo Hagn)'s Transfer Targets: January 2021

Will We Sign The Attacking Midfielder We Need?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
So I have been thinking about Aouar and what we wanted him for.

He has played most of his football in the past season as a left midfielder or a left 8, but he isn't the type of person to take the game when he plays in those positions.

However, as good as a dribbler and his press resistance is elite, one area of his game that sticks out to me is his passing range. When he broke through he played the left side of a double lead pivot. I don't think he is an elite 8 or and elite winger, but as a 6, he could be a very similar player to Thiago.

He would need a minder next to him, which we already have. He could be used as a ball progressor and someone we play through rather than the person to provide the end product. I feel like Saka is more suited to that. We would have the most press resistant pair in the league.

So then it comes to what you put in front of them, in order to maximise the formation you need a cf who is complete. Wide players with devastation and a highly intelligent 10.

Breezy

So I have been thinking about Aouar and what we wanted him for.

He has played most of his football in the past season as a left midfielder or a left 8, but he isn't the type of person to take the game when he plays in those positions.

However, as good as a dribbler and his press resistance is elite, one area of his game that sticks out to me is his passing range. When he broke through he played the left side of a double lead pivot. I don't think he is an elite 8 or and elite winger, but as a 6, he could be a very similar player to Thiago.

He would need a minder next to him, which we already have. He could be used as a ball progressor and someone we play through rather than the person to provide the end product. I feel like Saka is more suited to that. We would have the most press resistant pair in the league.

So then it comes to what you put in front of them, in order to maximise the formation you need a cf who is complete. Wide players with devastation and a highly intelligent 10.

We could have had Bennacer here doing that role for a fraction of the price.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Aouar is a very spry player, we need that type of player to play in between lines, progress play and put people through. He's ideal for the left-sided 8 in a 4-3-3. That is the position he usually plays, anyway, and I'm pretty sure that's what we intended to buy him for.

You play Saka at LW and Aouar at LCM, you get the combined effect.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Aouar is a very spry player, we need that type of player to play in between lines, progress play and put people through. He's ideal for the left-sided 8 in a 4-3-3. That is the position he usually plays, anyway, and I'm pretty sure that's what we intended to buy him for.

You play Saka at LW and Aouar at LCM, you get the combined effect.

That isn't how Arteta plays though. He wont just have a straight 4 3 3 with a holder and someone between the lines. He wants positional rotation. While having a 235 formation. His players take up zones in the pitch, so it really depends on where he views a particular player on the pitch.

We are just guessing where he would want him. I find it interesting that City have moved to a 4231. It's the formation Arteta played in, and the first one he used when he came here, but I don't think he has all the tools to make it
Effective.

Bloodbather

Established Member

That isn't how Arteta plays though. He wont just have a straight 4 3 3 with a holder and someone between the lines. He wants positional rotation. While having a 235 formation. His players take up zones in the pitch, so it really depends on where he views a particular player on the pitch.

We are just guessing where he would want him. I find it interesting that City have moved to a 4231. It's the formation Arteta played in, and the first one he used when he came here, but I don't think he has all the tools to make it
Effective.

I don't think we actually know how Arteta wants to play at this point. He's been forced into being so pragmatic due to our squad deficiencies that I doubt we actually can see what his idealistic streak as a manager is. It's hard to think that he wouldn't be looking at City from a few years back as the blueprint, though.

GDeep™

League is very weak
All these transfer podcasts and Twitter accounts before the transfer window, the only time they get big numbers is when they mention Arsenal.

Arsenal have always been a dead club in transfer windows.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
There nothing special going to happen in January teams rarely sell players Szoboszlai is only player available that you consider special because he what we need and exciting talent.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
I'd take Buendia and Eriksen on 6 month loan that's should be enough to fix the BS we into until next summer. Or buy Buendia and register Özil again i don't think the latter will ever happen

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I'd take Buendia and Eriksen on 6 month loan that's should be enough to fix the BS we into until next summer. Or buy Buendia and register Özil again i don't think the latter will ever happen
Yeh I'm not sure what we can particularly pull off but the board need to back Arteta to an extent and sign a couple creative players. This team is clearly lacking creativity and some attacking spark.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
People are against Eriken but a 6 month loan deal would definitely improve us a lot there is no doubt about that. Him and Partey would mean we have two quality midfielders- a creator and a box to box player.

All we would need to do after that is find a last CM to play with them. I think Elneny would be balanced. If you add Szoboszlai to the mix we could have some spark in the final third again.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Yeh I'm not sure what we can particularly pull off but the board need to back Arteta to an extent and sign a couple creative players. This team is clearly lacking creativity and some attacking spark.
Mikel also need to wake up and do the basics buying creative player could not fix things if he keep on with this style.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Mikel also need to wake up and do the basics buying creative player could not fix things if he keep on with this style.
I know he hasnt covered himself in glory but we really are missing players who operate in certain areas of the pitch. You're always gonna have a hill to climb when you dont have the right players.

You give him some rope in January and see if he can finish the season better. If we dont improve and continue to struggle then we will have to re-evaluate the managerial position in the summer.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Going by all these player rumours on Aouar, Eriksen, Szoboszli, Buendia etc. I guess that does tell me he's looking for these creative type players & he has said his plan will take time so maybe I am willing to give him a bit longer to rebuild.

In saying that though why did he not include Özil in the squad when he is our most creative player & he knows that we need those types? He's got to also find a way to keep the team up out of the relegation battle aswell.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Going by all these player rumours on Aouar, Eriksen, Szoboszli, Buendia etc. I guess that does tell me he's looking for these creative type players & he has said his plan will take time so maybe I am willing to give him a bit longer to rebuild.

In saying that though why did he not include Özil in the squad when he is our most creative player & he knows that we need those types? He's got to also find a way to keep the team up out of the relegation battle aswell.

Its kind of weird, but when you look at our passing maps, it is deliberate that we do not play through the middle or between the lines. I don't feel we lack players who can take up those positions.

Saka, ESR, Aouar, Willock and Pepe are just as capapble as an Aouar, Szoboszlai or a Buendia of getting in those same positions. The fact is Arteta doesn't want the ball to go there.

Maybe, just maybe, he does't want a 10 to even be in there and he put in 30 crosses because he wants someone to get on the end of them. He did play a large part of his career with Fellaini after all.

Maybe he wants a centre forward who can link play, get in behind, but play back to goal as well as be very good in the air.

That looks like an Arteta forward more than Edouard who is actually weak in the air.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom