<

Arteta and Edu(ardo Hagn)'s Transfer Targets: January 2021

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by boonthegoon, Oct 6, 2020.

?

Will We Sign The Attacking Midfielder We Need?

Poll closed Thursday at 12:45 PM.
  1. Yes

17.9%
  2. We'll Sign Someone But Not The Needed Quality (i.e Denis Suarez level signing)

55.8%
  3. No

26.3%
  1. Malky

Malky Established Member

Sign all 3.
    Szoboszlai has a low release clause, if Celtic fail to win the league we could get Edouard for a good price and Daka - just pay what's needed.

SA Gunner likes this.
  2. StefanB

StefanB Well-Known Member

I'm not entirely sold on Lamptey yet.. he looks very promising, but for now I actually do prefer Max Aarons over Lamptey. Think he's a very good player, though I do think he's valued laughably high though..

3. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Many Men Wish Death Upon Me

Hopefully, after helping Aston Villa last season and giving them our best manager cheaply this summer, they give us a discount on Grealish!

truth_hurts and Troopz like this.
  4. drippin

drippin Well-Known Member

He just signed a new contract so will never be cheap, and who is this best manager you're talking about? Have you been smoking something?

5. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

[​IMG]

6. hydrofluoric acid

Wow, that's a new low from you editing my posts to make me look like a fool.

Gooner416, Jasard and American_Gooner like this.
  7. Rex Banter

Rex Banter Got Swerved By Gallas Trusted

Is Daka likely to join us will he just end up at RB Leipzig?

Really liked Hwang and hoped we’d put in a cheeky bid but of course he goes to the other RB team.

Toby Andrl, asukru and Troopz like this.
  8. Nenad

Nenad Well-Known Member

I would love to see this one day...

1st
    [​IMG]
    2nd
    [​IMG]

+ Maitland-Niles, Smith Rowe, Nketiah, Holding and Ceballos (maybe)

9. Blood on the Tracks

Blood on the Tracks Well-Known Member

I think we'll see very little in terms of incomings in January. The priority has to be shifting 3-4 out.

Still, the players we're linked to seem very exciting. Maybe we'll be able to pull one off in January

10. hydrofluoric acid

Any talented players in the Championship this season that we will ignore and not buy?

11. Trilly

Trilly The John Sauce Of Ilford Trusted

Daka is the new A-M darling it seems.

Saw a video and he looks goood but I didn’t see enough to suggest he could do it in a bigger league. Not saying he couldn’t though but sometimes you can tell when a guy is quality irrespective of league.

Makavelii likes this.
  12. PressResistance

PressResistance Well-Known Member

So to me it seems that we've got 2 tiers of players we're after:

Relatively cheap and/or smaller league clubs: Daka, Szoboslai, Buendia, Benrahma, Edouard, Aarons...

Relatively expensive but Mikel's wish: Houssem Aouar.

That seems to me a solid batch of players to choose from. Lovely stuff.

That could in turn make our team look something like this in a few years:

Daka-Edouard-Pepe
    Aouar
    Partey-Szoboslai
    Tierney-Gabriel-Saliba-Bellerin
    Leno

Martinelli-Nketiah-Saka
    Nelson
    Xhaka-ESR
    AMN-Chambers-Holding-Aarons
    Runnarson​

I'd take that as a future vision of Arsenal, could be a bit better but makes sense.

13. Makavelii

Makavelii Well-Known Member

Is LT Arsenal reliable?

14. Troopz

Troopz Established Member

Not necessarily, I think you’re hoping he isn’t because you don’t want him to displace your boy, Lacazette :D

I think a lot of the fans on here want Daka due to the fact that we’re usually slow on these sort of players that are on the verge of turning into quality players. BVB are fantastic at identifying these talents, they done it with Haaland, Lewandowski, Aubameyang, Dembele etc and the risk they took on those players have worked out fantastically for them.

15. Troopz

Troopz Established Member

Watched a few of their games last season in the Europa League as I wanted to see if the hype around Szoboszlai was true but Hwang was the one that impressed me, he looked brilliant so I wasn’t surprised that he moved to RB Leipzig. Very smart business from them and I think we’ll see him in the PL soon especially as he’ll get more exposure when Leipzig play in the CL. I think they’ve got Utd in a few weeks.

@Trilly RB Salzburg are in the group stages of the CL too so it’ll be interesting to see how the likes of Daka and Szoboszlai fair against Bayern Munich and Atletico. It’ll be a good test for them.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2020
    Trilly likes this.
  16. BobP

BobP Memri Fan

On Szoboszlai, my scouts have informed me that he only really performs when everything around him is going well.

Super flakey.

17. Breezy

Breezy Well-Known Member

He’s only 19.

18. BobP

BobP Memri Fan

Saka's 19, is he flakey?

19. Red London

Red London Anti-Simp Culture Trusted

Don't mind him he hates Hungarians he's biased

20. Breezy

Breezy Well-Known Member

Saka isn’t a regular starter like Szoboszlai is. Just because they’re the same age doesn’t mean they develop at the same rate. Consistency usually develops with experience.