<

Arteta and Edu(ardo Hagn)'s Transfer Targets: January 2021

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by boonthegoon, Oct 6, 2020.

?

Will We Sign The Attacking Midfielder We Need?

Poll closed Thursday at 12:45 PM.
  1. Yes

17.9%
  2. We'll Sign Someone But Not The Needed Quality (i.e Denis Suarez level signing)

55.8%
  3. No

26.3%
  1. truth_hurts

truth_hurts Well-Known Member

He won't be a target, but with our weird relationship with Chelsea, I'd quite like a move for Rudiger. He'd be perfect here in a 2 or 3.

Another cb signing is extremely unlikely though!
    Barring injuries forcing the matter, it's hard to imagine that we will do much business in January

2. OnlyOne

OnlyOne Thomas Tuchel Stan Trusted

:lol::lol::lol:

Wtf

tcahill, lufere7, DasBootist and 3 others like this.
  3. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

4. truth_hurts

Nobody has came in for Buendia in England or abroad. Quite telling. Thought Leeds or Villa would have a go for him. He's too good for the Championship, but don't think he's top half of the table quality for The Premier League. Would rather Cantwell.

MikelHadADream likes this.
  5. SingmeasongSong

SingmeasongSong Rarely Right

Not so sure about that.
    Let's just meet in the middle and say he has a low chance of becoming worldclass in which case we obviously would triple our investment or so.

I don't think it's very unlikely that our creativity would go up a few levels no matter what ultimate level he was to reach.
    Buendia-Partey-Dani is pretty damn nice.

Then, if he does not turn out to be THAT good, you sell him for that very 20m again.
    He's still young, prices will increase again, homegrown ?, Etc etc.

It's really without many downsides, there's little to lose and much to gain.

lufere7 and Toby Andrl like this.
  6. MikelHadADream

MikelHadADream Well-Known Member

Really don't see the hype in Buendia, he never really impressed me much last season. I fear he's the sort of player that will come in, fail to improve the first 11 and then become a squad player that we cant sell.

NieThePiet, Impact and truth_hurts like this.
  7. truth_hurts

Not saying he's a bad player, but would be a bit of a nothing signing. We need to be bringing in players better than what we have. Is Buendia better than Willian? No. Pepe. No. Ceballos? No. Jury would be out whether he's better than Saka or ESR.

More to the previous point, I'm not sure what he offers different to our other options bar long range shooting ability.

8. Sanchez11

Sanchez11 Superior Journalist To Charles Watts

Ideally we go for Dominik and have done

9. truth_hurts

Don't know much about him, but he does seem to have a high ceiling. Seems a no risk signing, who we can either build our future around or sell for a huge profit.

10. Sanchez11

Price quoted at between 25-30m its an easier deal to get done.

11. Breezy

Breezy Well-Known Member

:lol:

12. SA Gunner

SA Gunner Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately Trusted

Would be open to a loan option for Buendia, with Saliba going the other way.

I think the problem we have is that we are stocked with players we need to ship on, in favour of potential to world class quality. Im not saying that Buendia cannot reach those heights, but we cant be stuck with another decent player who we struggle to ship on if he doesnt make the grade, or worse yet... block or main targets.

Token Yank and gunner4lyfe like this.
  13. DanDare

DanDare Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief Trusted

People saw one chart about passing and jumped on the Buendia train

14. bingobob

bingobob A-M’s Resident Hunskelper Trusted

There is talent down there. I remember we were linked to Bowden and some said he wasn't ready just yet and now he looks a smasher for West Ham. Perhaps guys like him we should be doing a Saliba. Buy them and loan them back out again. Cantwell probably beyond that stage now at 22 but I'm sure there are others bubbling under the surface at 17 - 19.

15. Sanchez11

Cantwell is decent imo always looks up for it too.

16. Trilly

Trilly The John Sauce Of Ilford Trusted

What’s wrong with using stats to form an opinion of a player?!

17. Camron

Camron Established Member Trusted

Artisan, Trilly and American_Gooner like this.
  18. DanDare

DanDare Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief Trusted

Quite a lot actually imo. Think stats should be what reinforces your opinion. Not what forms it.

Artisan likes this.
  19. gunner4lyfe

gunner4lyfe Well-Known Member

So our transfer business is really done? We're not even gonna try getting out some players on loan even if it mean paying half the wages? Plus try to get in a couple?

20. jmsmtthw28

jmsmtthw28 Well-Known Member Trusted

we have to leave players out because our squad is so bloated
    Even if we are able to move some players on I think we are done with incoming unless we have an injury crisis before the window and need someone