• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta and Edu Transfer Targets: Summer 2020

Which signing would you prioritize of the two?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Can we get a proper CB to partner Saliba please

Problem is, that 2 young CB as starters would be very risky in the PL and proven experienced CB are probably to expansive.

And First we need to offload CBs, we have to many..Only Saliba, Mari and Luiz are safe this season.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Stones rumour came up in January as well, right? Never rated him, but I think people said he has improved a lot and would be a good ball playing CB. Right-footed, though.

MikeVinna

Established Member
I really want us to get someone like Ake tbh, Bournemouth might go down and we might be able to get someone of his quality for 25-40m.

Oh how I wish we would raid the clubs dropping to the Championship. We don’t do sensible things like that though.

HBL

Established Member
Problem is, that 2 young CB as starters would be very risky in the PL and proven experienced CB are probably to expansive.

And First we need to offload CBs, we have to many..Only Saliba, Mari and Luiz are safe this season.
Holding & Sokratis I'd sell. Would loan Mavropanos, Chambers will stay as he won't be fit for the start of the season. Mustafi we'll probably sell if we get a half decent offer. Going to be hard to shift Sokratis and Mustafi with 1 year left though.

ChefMan21

I think a good window for us would an established CM, established CB, and two youngsters between CM and CB, especially since we appear weak in both positions and look to be going through a clear out. Saliba covers the young CB, it's just the other three spots.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Leno
AMN Saliba Upamecano Tierney
Partey Xhaka
Pepe Grealish Saka
Aubameyang

:drool:

Young CB pairing is a worry on paper but I can accept them making mistakes compared to the senior nobheads in there now.

Yeah very keen on Grealish. Let’s you go 4-3-3 as well because he’s a natural playing on the left.

Think there’s a lot of decent options about at CB this summer actually. I’m a big fan of Ethan Pinnock at Brentford.

Could be a Gary Cahill or Chris Smalling type signing, inexpensive and he’s climbed his way all the way from the bottom of the football pyramid.

Last edited:

Gunner-Union

Leno
AMN Saliba Upamecano Tierney
Partey Xhaka
Pepe Grealish Saka
Aubameyang

:drool:

Young CB pairing is a worry on paper but I can accept them making mistakes compared to the senior nobheads in there now.

I like the look of it and if they all perform its def a top 4 first team. earlier in the season grealish played more central and I thought he was better there and he puts a shift in and tracks back too. maybe arteta can sell them his plan for the next couple off years. would like to add another striker maybe mitrovic as hed offer something different and Fulham don't look like getting promoted now

Marjorie

Thread Monopolizer
Upamecano, Partey, Grealish. ~£150m.

Can do it if we sell the likes of Guendouzi, Torreira and Lacazette somehow.

Bellerin 25-30
Guendouzi 30-40
Torreira 25-30
Lacazette 30-40
Sokratis 5
Mustafi 5
Nenners 5-10

Just clearing that lot out would give us plenty to spend

Malky

Established Member
John Stones is awful, rather we stick with Mustafi than waste more money signing another defender who can't actually defend. Plus Stones is injury prone. No thank you.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Has Upamecano impressed you guys when you have seen him play, I have watched a few Leipzig games since the restart and he hasnt really stood out to me.
It might be due to a lack of fitness but he has looked pretty shaky to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom