• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta and Edu Transfer Targets: Summer 2020

Which signing would you prioritize of the two?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
First tweet is from early Jan, second from mid April.

Lies, damn lies, statistics and all that. But he’s obv pretty hard working. Think he might has potential as a technical, attack-minded 8.

We need a right 8 who knows how to play right midfield and is comfortable playing with his left foot, that can create, is press resistant and is young. How many more boxes does he need to tick, ffs he is premier league proven.

He is literally on the market, we should be all over this. Imagine him playing with Auba. He was setting people through on goal for them to miss one on ones all season.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Don't think there's ever been ANY issue with buying players like Buendia and Szoboszlai rather than an expensive one like Partey, we just simply mostly bought **** players for that money that even most of AM predicted to fail, because they aren't that good.

Our ability to identify quality has been straight up bad.

Dortmund buys these kind of players like Szoboszlai and Buendia all the time and either make huge profit or get pretty damn great players straight away.

We aren't setting up a team to become CL and title winners next year, but in 3-4 years.

Szoboszlai and Buendia solve a much bigger issue than Partey does currently, since they are very different type of players and creativity is ten times a bigger issue with us than it is defensive midfielders now.

Don't think we're in a position to develop players. Dortmund has/had a stable of experienced players in key areas. A key number of our more experienced players are under achieving, more accurately they are playing like a pile of steaming ****.

Partey is the kind of signing that improves us instantly, we need more if these now than Guendouzi, Martinelli and Salibah type signings.

Kysus

We need a right 8 who knows how to play right midfield and is comfortable playing with his left foot, that can create, is press resistant and is young. How many more boxes does he need to tick, ffs he is premier league proven.

He is literally on the market, we should be all over this. Imagine him playing with Auba. He was setting people through on goal for them to miss one on ones all season.

I'm pretty sure Arteta's #1 priority is creating a base capable of playing a 433 as the current system is only used because we are not good enough with the ball.
Partey and Buendia would change that imo.
Not only has Buendia all the tools needed and is still young enough to improve he is premier league proven and can come in without long adjustment period, that's huge.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

For me my problem with him is he just looks like he’s running in treacle. A midfield of him and Xhaka would be so pedestrian, almost unplayable.

I prefer Grealish because he can do what Buendia does but he’s a much better dribbler and just more athletic.

Benrahma meanwhile is a different kind of player altogether, all pace and direct running. If it was a combo it would have to be Grealish and Benrahma for me.

Kysus

We have pace and directness in the front 3, what we dearly lack is someone who holds the ball, dictates the game(by being able to slow the game down and just keep it)
Right now we are a counterattacking side struggling to impose themselves on the opposition, Grealish/Benrahma would not change that but Buendia and Partey could.
Buendia would give us something completly different while Grealish is fairly similiar to Saka imo.

Buenda & Partey sounds a lot more what we need that Grealish and Benhrama, much more attainable also I think. Add elite defender on top of that and we are ready to go next season.

Sadly Raul has zero balls to buy from the PL.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Sadly Raul has zero balls to buy from the PL.

tumblr_n8eyq1xH2F1robgxuo2_250.gif

Riou

Big **** Raul convinced Chelsea's best defender to join us...even though they finished above us, had Champions League and we didn't and after he had just pocketed our two £100 million strikers in the Europa final too...if Sanllehi wants another Premier League based player, he will get him!

Big **** Raul convinced Chelsea's best defender to join us...even though they finished above us, had Champions League and we didn't and after he had just pocketed our two £100 million strikers in the Europa final too...if Sanllehi wants another Premier League based player, he will get him!

Are you talking about David Luiz?

Kia squeezing Raul balls into taking his beyond average defender David Luiz doesn't count. Doubt zero balls Raul could bring home quality from the PL.

Riou

Are you talking about David Luiz?

Kia squeezing Raul balls into taking his beyond average defender David Luiz doesn't count. Doubt zero balls Raul could bring home quality from the PL.

We have never really been good at buying from the Premiership teams tbf, last top player was probably Sol Campbell in 2001...we just don't have the money or desire to really pull it off anymore.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

We have pace and directness in the front 3, what we dearly lack is someone who holds the ball, dictates the game(by being able to slow the game down and just keep it)
Right now we are a counterattacking side struggling to impose themselves on the opposition, Grealish/Benrahma would not change that but Buendia and Partey could.
Buendia would give us something completly different while Grealish is fairly similiar to Saka imo.

Grealish is better creatively than Buendia though, his whole game is based around dictating play. Not a counter attacking player at all.

Partey should be the priority this summer but Buendia getting crazy overrated on here imo. If you watch him he looks very unathletic and despite having a fast front three you do need dynamism in midfield which with Xhaka and Buendia we just wouldn’t have.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Grealish is better creatively than Buendia though, his whole game is based around dictating play. Not a counter attacking player at all.

Partey should be the priority this summer but Buendia getting crazy overrated on here imo. If you watch him he looks very unathletic and despite having a fast front three you do need dynamism in midfield which with Xhaka and Buendia we just wouldn’t have.

Shouldn't a creative player be the priority, instead of Partey?

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

If Guendouzi, Torreira and maybe Ceballos aren’t here next year the midfield needs beefing up urgently.

We need someone with the dynamism to force a press and then carry the ball which we just don’t have right now.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Nah I don’t think so. Especially if the likes of Partey is available. We always seem to neglect the defence it’s about time we sorted the CM & CB out and then went for a creative player. Having Saka and ESR in midfield mayb help a touch.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

For me my problem with him is he just looks like he’s running in treacle. A midfield of him and Xhaka would be so pedestrian, almost unplayable.

I prefer Grealish because he can do what Buendia does but he’s a much better dribbler and just more athletic.

Benrahma meanwhile is a different kind of player altogether, all pace and direct running. If it was a combo it would have to be Grealish and Benrahma for me.
Buendia is actually a better dribbler, he has more attempted as well as more completed dribbles despite playing almost 600 mins less, as per
https://en.as.com/resultados/futbol/inglaterra/201

https://www.squawka.com/en/most-take-ons-premier-league-2019-2020/

Not the same source but pretty sire both use opta.

Here’s a really nice analysis of creativity in PL mids, don’t know if it’s been linked before. Buendia stands out imo.

https://eplanalysis.com/finding-the-best-creative-midfielders-epl-data-analysis-statistics/

We have never really been good at buying from the Premiership teams tbf, last top player was probably Sol Campbell in 2001...we just don't have the money or desire to really pull it off anymore.

But but but I thought if Raul wanted PL player he would get him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom