<

Arteta and Edu Transfer Targets: Summer 2020

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by DanDare, Feb 3, 2020.

?

Which signing would you prioritize of the two?

1. Partey

68.3%
  2. Aouar

31.7%
  1. Sammy1887

Sammy1887 New Year, Same Hate For Reed

Must be working on 2G..Poor lad. Punjab is not known for its IT infrastructure.

JENSON_GUNNER likes this.
  2. The_Playmaker

The_Playmaker Established Member

It's a shame he is out of our price range now. Villa can seriously demand big bucks when you look at Maguire to United.

Leon Bailey shows up quite well. Under the radar and has devastating pace.

Rex Banter likes this.
  3. Sebastes

Sebastes Statbomb Merchant

Say Auba signs and Arteta wants to play him at LW, do you guys think Grealish could play in midfield? We don’t really know what formation Arteta favors, but Grealish and Buendia together with Partey or another DM would be very exciting on paper... Too attacking?

4. Sebastes

Wouldn’t Bailey also vie for that LW spot though?

5. Trilly

Trilly The John Sauce Of Ilford

I didn’t realise Buendia was a young player. That and the stats means he could be worth a punt.

Worst case he’s not productive but can still play football. Looks quite technical from the little I’ve seen. We need that all over the pitch at the moment.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2020
  6. The_Playmaker

The_Playmaker Established Member

If Auba doesn't sign and we have to sell Bailey would be a good option for the left. I wouldn't buy Grealish for a cm spot. I think we already have a player for the left cm.

Bailey-------------Edouard-----------Pepe

------------Saka------------------Buendia

----------------------Partey/ Sangare

Sebastes likes this.
  7. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

Buendia good improve with better team i didn't like some of his final 3rd decisions at times but him and Cantwell we should try and get one of them.

8. Sebastes

You reckon Saka is ready to play that big part? I mean he’s been brilliant and you get the feeling he’s got his feet on the ground, but I’d rather give him time to grow into that role. If Grealish or Aouar is attainable and can adapt to lcm (in Grealish’s case) then don’t you try to get them? They bring a lot more than Saka to the table here and now. Saka still can develop as he’s very young and will get his chances

9. Rex Banter

Rex Banter Got Swerved By Gallas Trusted

I have an idea that the reason Arteta keeps playing Auba at LW is because of his time spent with Pep who’s always believed it’s advantageous to have a main goal threat coming from the half spaces.

With Lacazette more of a team oriented striker you can see his thinking although it’s really hard to see results right now because the midfield can’t really press and trap like a Pep team would be able to.

This means that if both Aubameyang and Lacazette stay it’d be more of the same and Grealish would theoretically have to play furthest forward of the three in midfield.

I like the idea of your main creator out on the wings because it changes the angles and makes it harder for teams to double mark and unsettles them, a lot has been made of him playing from the flanks but for me if we moved Grealish central I don’t think you’d lose any of his impact.

He’s incredible at drawing fouls and carrying the ball, those are two skills you want to have if you’re playing in the congested middle of the pitch.

Grealish and Buendia probably couldn’t play together in Arteta’s system but considering we have no one who can do what they can I definitely think there’s room in our squad for both.

Sebastes likes this.
  10. Troopz

Troopz Well-Known Member

Isn’t Grealish an Arsenal fan? He’d be a decent signing but I think we should have signed him a few years ago when Sp**s wanted him.

Zaha should have been here, the lad loves this club.

SingmeasongSong and Trilly like this.
  11. HairSprayGooners

HairSprayGooners Al Jazeera Correspondent

One final chance for Zaha to come here

12. Sebastes

This is what I think is the most likely answer, but then you look at City playing a 3 of DSilva, Rodri and KdB and you feel that with someone like Partey it might just be possible :D

Rex Banter likes this.
  13. Kysus

Kysus Well-Known Member

Xhaka

14. Riou

Riou Non-Stop Nostalgia

15. Gunner-Union

Gunner-Union Well-Known Member

If we end up not having much maybe Raiding relegated teams can get us some decent deals.
    Dacoure and buendia and a cabellos on loan again
    Buendia. Dacoure. Cabellos

Dacoure is not a true dm he’s a b2b but defends very well and the other two are good all round players. Not sure is sarr can play on the right or not but wingers should be able to play both sides
    Pepe. Pea. Sarr

16. HairSprayGooners

HairSprayGooners Al Jazeera Correspondent

17. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

18. dashsnow17

dashsnow17 Established Member

Transfer window opened today and i'm already sick of it

Sammy1887 likes this.
  19. Riou

Riou Non-Stop Nostalgia

Only one man can answer this...

@Notorious Big

20. RacingPhoton

RacingPhoton Well-Known Member

This transfer window is going to be interesting. I think this will be the window where high salary bubbles will break. There have been enough cases of high salary long term contracts turning out to be bad decisions in recent years for clubs to rethink their approach.
    As more clubs realise this, players over 30 will have difficult times ahead.