• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta and Edu Transfer Targets: Summer 2020

Which signing would you prioritize of the two?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Profiles I want are dead clear to me.

Priority:
  • 1. Creative midfielder, ideally also athletic - Buendia ?
  • 2. CB, only because we've got so many injured
  • 3. Direct, creative and tricky LW - Zaha, Benrahma, Grealish, Boga, ..
  • 4. More all around CM with good defensive skills - Partey, Zakaria etc
  • 5. RB
Won't get all, but there should be a clear mindset to at least tackle 1-3 sufficiently.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩

Priority:
  • 5. RB
Won't get all, but there should be a clear mindset to at least tackle 1-3 sufficiently.

To even begin thinking about challenging for the top 4 we need at least 3 of those and we absolutely need number 1 and number 4 imo.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
To even begin thinking about challenging for the top 4 we need at least 3 of those and we absolutely need number 1 and number 4 imo.

Number 3 is etching out number 4 simply because I don't trust a single signing to fix our creativity issue alone.

I also like the idea of having more indirect creativity from the left by 1on1 situations that kinda completely break up structures.

Pepe would also benefit from more unpredictable play there.

Goonger

Priority:
  • 5. RB

Hard to argue with that, not sure about the order mind you. Buendia just makes so much sense for what we need and how we think Arteta would want to play its scary. I'll be shocked if there are no links.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Number 3 is etching out number 4 simply because I don't trust a single signing to fix our creativity issue alone.

I also like the idea of having more indirect creativity from the left by 1on1 situations that kinda completely break up structures.

Pepe would also benefit from more unpredictable play there.

Yeah I could agree with that tbf. I just think a midfield with Ceballos, Xhaka and Buendia looks so poor on paper, simply because of Xhaka. But put Partey in there somewhere and suddenly you have an incredible midfield.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Yeah I could agree with that tbf. I just think a midfield with Ceballos, Xhaka and Buendia looks so poor on paper, simply because of Xhaka. But put Partey in there somewhere and suddenly you have an incredible midfield.

Phew, hard to argue against upgrading on Xhaka of old, but since Arteta joined ?
Hardly a long list of midfielders in the league that have been doing a lot better than him, also consider the difficulty of the task here !

9/10 in here would've told you Liverpool's midfield is poverty for a elite side and I'd probably would've been almost agreeing, if I wasn't at the front row seeing what Klopp was doing at Dortmund before, he's just capable of transforming teams completely.

A midfield of Ceballos-Xhaka-Buendia isn't that bad for now imo, it does not always have to sound great on paper, it has to work.

I don't really wanna copy too much of City, to be honest. i'd much rather prefer a mix of classic Klopp counter-attacking magic and Pep bits.

It's just way more flexible and enjoyable to watch.

Just need real dynamite upfront that makes things happen.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Because Sancho is insane. Greenwood isn't anywhere near Sanchos level. And neither is Grealish might I add. A lot of people are just assuming that grealish will provide the same creativity when playing as a cm. He is currently playing as a wide forward. People fail to see Pepe playing as a 10. Why is it so easy to see Grealish there? Maybe it's his build, but he started there this season and wasn't very effective, he also isn't the best defensively.
because he has played there in the past and was exceptionally creative whilst playing there. He has played deeper, in the 10 and now out wide. He resolves so many of our issues. I've watched him over the years and wasnt sure but the more I've seen the more confident I am he is a top top talent. And the stats back that up over the years.

Greenwood is a fantastic talent as well which is why they dont need Sancho. Grealish is a player that could sign for Barcelona tomorrow and not look out of place. That's how confident I am in his ability.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

You need depth. Also Sancho is an elite talent.

He seems to be two players in one. Creative goal scorer when played on the left and playmaking winger when played on the right. You just don’t pass up on a player like him.
I don't disagree. But when you have Greenwood already and a host of other wide forwards it seems like a waste of resources. Grealish is a unique talent that can play multiple positions. High and wide in the bigger tighter games or in a midfield trio of Pogba and Bruno against teams that sit deep. He is so versatile and his quality is there. Ball retention, dribbling, passing, creativity, composure the only question mark is off the field.

I'd break the bank for him because once he moves his price will be truly out of out range.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Phew, hard to argue against upgrading on Xhaka of old, but since Arteta joined ?
Hardly a long list of midfielders in the league that have been doing a lot better than him, also consider the difficulty of the task here !

9/10 in here would've told you Liverpool's midfield is poverty for a elite side and I'd probably would've been almost agreeing, if I wasn't at the front row seeing what Klopp was doing at Dortmund before, he's just capable of transforming teams completely.

A midfield of Ceballos-Xhaka-Buendia isn't that bad for now imo, it does not always have to sound great on paper, it has to work.

I don't really wanna copy too much of City, to be honest. i'd much rather prefer a mix of classic Klopp counter-attacking magic and Pep bits.

It's just way more flexible and enjoyable to watch.

Just need real dynamite upfront that makes things happen.

The thing is Liverpool's midfield is full of energy and constant running, they are all athletic and are good on the turn.

Xhaka turns slower than milk, Ceballos isn't athletic either. To have those 3 in midfield is going to be a killer. I won't deny Xhaka has been great recently, he has. But he's never going to change, you cannot play him and Ceballos in a 3.

Also you need to factor in Liverpool having two full backs who create more chances than any player in our squad, three world class forwards who can create and Naby Keita on the bench.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

@Rex Banter Nice pic, 1999 is a quite unknown but amazing album. When I went to see Joey like 2-3 years ago I brought him a vinyl version of 1999 to sign that my girlfriend at the time had bought me.

It turned out that he never actually officially released it and that was from a third party website.. he was cool about it regardless and signed it.

Few months later, he officially releases the vinyl even though he dropped the album all the way back in 2012... could be a coincidence but thats not what I tell myself :lol:

Ahhhh I’ve wanted to see him live for years, must have been quality. So jealous haha.

Yeah he’s so underrated, got put onto him years ago when I was at Uni and couldn’t believe it took me so long to find 1999.

Can’t think of many albums I’ll listen to as much, absolutely wild that he made it as a teenager.

I like the direction he’s gone in, really liked AAB even though I know it’s a bit divisive. You listened to the new EP?

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I don't disagree. But when you have Greenwood already and a host of other wide forwards it seems like a waste of resources. Grealish is a unique talent that can play multiple positions. High and wide in the bigger tighter games or in a midfield trio of Pogba and Bruno against teams that sit deep. He is so versatile and his quality is there. Ball retention, dribbling, passing, creativity, composure the only question mark is off the field.

I'd break the bank for him because once he moves his price will be truly out of out range.
I think Grealish would have been their target if they didn’t get CL. Sancho is younger has more upside and is more marketable too.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I think Grealish would have been their target if they didn’t get CL. Sancho is younger has more upside and is more marketable too.

We complain that Utd have bottomless pits of cash, but they don't have a suga daddy owner, they're just clever capitalistic bastards that understand you need marketable players.

If you wanna be a top team you should always have at least one guy Nike or Pepsi would call up to be in one of their adverts. Utd have loads of those guys, Sancho would just be another. Özil was our only guy like that, he's very marketable, but his career has crashed and burned. Auba? Yeah, but he's not super skilful.

I'd take Grealish or Zaha tbh, either would get called up for a Nike advert, and I think that's sound logic.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐

Ed8MECeUYAM7CGL

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I think you’re a bit in denial at the prospect of us signing Willian and Coutinho. There’s a good chance we sign both :lol:
Yes lol i don't want us to sign Willian and Coutinho both with high wages it's just scream poor desperate planning to get back to CL instead of trying to building team that will get us back to top 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom