• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta and Edu Transfer Targets: Summer 2020

Which signing would you prioritize of the two?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom349

Yes lol i don't want us to sign Willian and Coutinho both with high wages it's just scream poor desperate planning to get back to CL instead of trying to building team that will get us back to top 4

We could potentially have 3 19 year old starting in over 30 games for us next season in Saliba, Saka and Martinelli. That doesn't include any of the likes of Nelson, Nketiah, ESR or Wilock who could easily also feature in over 30 games.

We have a young team and will likely sign one or two players under 23 in this up coming transfer window, not every signing we make has to be youthful and have sell on value.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
On the face of it I absolutely hate the idea of deals for Willian, Coutinho and (because I just decided so in my head) Thiago Silva. But because i'm a huge hypocrite, let me explain why I don't absolutely hate these deals...

In theory we have younger versions of each of those players. Saka or maybe even Nelson is a younger version of Willian, ESR could be a younger version of Coutinho, and Saliba and Mavro are younger versions of T. Silva.

So like as a rule it's not great to sign too many older guys like this. But if you do have young guys with potential who just need time to play and develop, then is it the worst thing in the world to bring in older guys in the meantime?

Arsenal has like over 10 players who are under 25 with potential futures here, so it's not like we don't have young players, and we'll probably sign more. And especially if we do end up playing Europa League next year there's gonna be a lot of minutes to play, more than enough to give to both older and younger guys.

Is reassembling the 2014 Brazil World Cup squad the worst idea anyone's ever had? Possibly yes, let's find out!

ChefMan21

I have a weird feeling that with our apparent financial situation, our medium-long term business will be done quite late (after sales). Loans early, but anything seen to be permanent - late.

Edit: can see 2-3 loans of well-known players (perhaps with optional/mandatory fees at completion), one key signing with a fee attached, a couple of youngsters that go straight to the academy, and maybe a freebie or two to fill out the squad. That's my (barely informed) opinion of what is most likely.

Last edited:

Bloodbather

Established Member

On the face of it I absolutely hate the idea of deals for Willian, Coutinho and (because I just decided so in my head) Thiago Silva. But because i'm a huge hypocrite, let me explain why I don't absolutely hate these deals...

One of these is not like the others though, to be fair. Willian and Thiago Silva are on a free, Coutinho will still cost a fortune.

I'm not opposed to signing Willian and Thiago Silva, for the reasons you pointed out. Willian would be fine if we loan Reiss out to an EPL team, and Silva is fine if get rid of some of our deadwood at CB. Coutinho is a no-no though, not worth the investment that would be required to get him and he'd take away from the requirement to recruit a long-term option at attacking mid.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Early transfer window prediction.

Ins

Partey - Permanent
Willian - Permanent
Sarr (CB) - Permanent
Ceballos - Loan
Coutinho - Loan

Outs

Holding - Permanent
Chambers - Loan
Guiendouzi - Permanent
Torreira - Permanent
Özil - Loan
Nelson - Loan

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Ins

Partey - Permanent
Sarr (CB) - Permanent
Ceballos - Loan
Coutinho - Loan
Zaha - Permanent

Outs

Holding - Permanent
Guendouzi - Permanent
Torreira - Permanent
Lacazette - Permanent
Elneny - Perm
Özil - Loan
Nelson - Loan

Is my prediction, see how close or far away that is by the time we get to October :lol:

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
I just hope we get Partey, Willian & the Auba contract done early. We can then wait for the market to develop a bit.

Hopefully sell some of the deadwood & maybe parlay some of our youth into a Grealish / Ben White / Zaha / opportunistic deal.

GDeep™

League is very weak
We’re finishing 7th or 8th again if we sign what’s being predicted here.

Utd are linked with Sancho and Grealish. Chelsea just signed a few and are looking at Havertz, a new CB and new GK etc.

Personally think we need to have a much bigger summer, Stan has to pull out 200M.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
On paper, that looks rubbish. Defensively you barely improve, in attack you sign an older guy and someone who even struggled in Germany.

Dani, we know.

Saliba, Mari and Sarr would be almost a completely new set of defenders. We can't say how they're going to perform but Arteta has already shown you can get defensive improvement with better organisation. If they play without making the errors Mustafi and Luiz do half the battle is won. Partey improves our midfield whether it be a 3 with Xhaka and Ceballos or a double pivot with either one of Xhaka/Ceballos, while Coutinho and Willian are an improvement over most of our wide options and will add creativity and goals. Those signings undoubtedly improve our squad/starting XI. Whether it's enough to get top 4 remains to be seen.

Anyway, that to me looks like a realistic window given our situation.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Ahhhh I’ve wanted to see him live for years, must have been quality. So jealous haha.

Yeah he’s so underrated, got put onto him years ago when I was at Uni and couldn’t believe it took me so long to find 1999.

Can’t think of many albums I’ll listen to as much, absolutely wild that he made it as a teenager.

I like the direction he’s gone in, really liked AAB even though I know it’s a bit divisive. You listened to the new EP?
Yeah he was 17 at the time I think. I was in sixth form at 17 when I first heard it wondering how the **** someone my age dropped such a high quality project.

Yeah AAB was what he had recently released when I went to watch him, it wasnt his best album but still good. I like his album B4dass a lot too. Yeah the EP is good it sounds more like his original stuff.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
We are not going down a good road. Literally abandoning all analytics and data to go for the clients of one agent.

I hope this is all a smokescreen. I really do. Remember we put in a sub bar bid on Zaha before we went all in for Pepe.

I know there is a lot of talk about Partey, but we basically went for the younger player in Pepe. Could we be doing the same with Partey?

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Utd are linked with Sancho and Grealish. Chelsea just signed a few and are looking at Havertz, a new CB and new GK etc.

Personally think we need to have a much bigger summer, Stan has to pull out 200M.
We will need to bin a few players to have that level off spend. And I hope we do that our squad is massive as is our wage bill.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐

A good summer could get us back into the top 6. Top 4 shouldn't even be spoken about for another 12 months, it's not realistic. 5th should be a realistic target next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom