• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta and Edu Transfer Targets: Summer 2020

Which signing would you prioritize of the two?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

lineup-3.png
Actually not the worst idea, but we need to replace Laca for it to work. If we can also sell Guendouzi and get a backup in we could give Willock and Nelson a loan and some well deserved playing time.

Probably going to be new LCB together with Luiz at RCB though

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Tough choice, I voted for Coutinho since I think it's the less harmful short and long term deal here.

Might change my mind later.

Still, it won't matter since we're signing both.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I’m taking Willian, absolute levels above Coutinho as a player.

We’re almost certainly getting one top year out of him whereas we’ll spend a year of struggling to fit Coutinho into Arteta’s system.

Also Willian will improve our set pieces massively which is an area of concern.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
The problem is we getting both it seems :lol: my preference is Coutinho because it's position we need improvement in. Willian well it's just make no sense to me.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

I’m taking Willian, absolute levels above Coutinho as a player.

We’re almost certainly getting one top year out of him whereas we’ll spend a year of struggling to fit Coutinho into Arteta’s system.

Also Willian will improve our set pieces massively which is an area of concern.
inXAjIz.png

You sure you want stand by that?o_O

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Think this is the end of me. Thought we would move forward as a club but a lot of steps being taken backward. Not sure if I can continue support Arsenal after today's news.
If we buy Partey and good CB with or without Willian and Coutinho our team will massively improved specially with mikel it give us creativity ww lack and being more solid in midfield.

Come on mate, hang in there. You've consistently been Arsenals biggest supporter and the most positive voice around here. Would be a real shame to lose you.

Thank you mate! I needed to hear something like this! I will try to get sleep and hopefully, life will get better! We move again!

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
So if we go with the most persistent, and Kia-related, rumors... Our summer will be this (so far):

Willian
Coutinho
Partey
Joelson

I haven’t included a CB because there’s not really been one we’ve most clearly been linked with.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
So if we go with the most persistent, and Kia-related, rumors... Our summer will be this (so far):

Willian
Coutinho
Partey
Joelson

I haven’t included a CB because there’s not really been one we’ve most clearly been linked with.
Yes these are names we seriously linked with

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Much smaller sample size for Coutinho than Willian. Not bothered by them numbers.
Fair point! Looking at Statsbomb radar from feb he actually have improved his good stats and done worse in the metrics he isn't as prominent in (turnovers, fouls drawns). Very small sample there as well though it's still some indication

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
If he really wants to play

Willian
Coutinho
Partey
Joelson

That and Diego Carlos or Gabriel is a top window for a team who finished 8th

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Yeah, could be cool. Think it's similar though.
cVcUWKq.png

Here you go mate, best I could do. FBRef doesn't have a lot of data before 17/18 season.

What's interesting in addition to this is that in 17/18 he has very good ball progression stats, both in terms of carrying and passing. He was playing more like an attacking LCM, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom