• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta and Edu Transfer Targets: Summer 2020

Which signing would you prioritize of the two?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
@El Duderino so say you own a business where 10 of your employees can't currently do their job, you furlough them (without government help) and pay them 80-100% of their wages for the past 5 months.

You're quite obviously paying people to sit at home and you don't know when their jobs will be able to come back due to the ever changing climate. Do you keep those 10 people on and continue to pay them whilst they aren't able to do anything? It comes to a stage where you simply have to let people go in that scenario.

Like I said, people **** posting before knowing the ins and outs per usual.
The question is: why should people starve?

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

thought-cycle

GDeep™

League is very weak
Is a summer of Partey, Willian, Gabriel, Ceballos, Coutinho a perfect summer?

Think it’s as good as you can get tbf. I’d like an Ollie Watkins or Ismaila Sarr as a squad option as well perhaps but that’s almost complete.
Will get us top 6. Nothing more. What you reckon?

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
The question is why would people starve? :lol::lol::lol::lol:
You lay somebody off in a time of financial uncertainty and declining job security across all industries, there's no guarantee they're gonna walk into another job and just be OK - some people are going to struggle. Any multi-billion pound corporation that does this, particularly one owned by an actual billionaire capable of covering the costs with their pocket change, deserves criticism.

You might be OK with this, but people like myself are not. You can come to the conclusion that it's business and that's how business works and that's a valid interpretation - however that doesn't make it good, right or justifiable.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

More likely to be people working in corporate than stewards. If fans go back in you’ll still need stewards but the food courts and hospitality will stay closed.

Yeah that’s a good shout. Wonder if any of the staff working in the ticket office have been affected as well?

I hope in more prosperous times they can get rehired.

Sort of kills the buzz around transfers I’ve got to be honest, although I do understand the club’s thinking of trying to not let the on field product suffer.

I’ve seen the devastation that relegations have on smaller clubs and seen as so much of our income is based on the money from European football it might prevent further job losses down the line. If the club can stay in European football and keep the revenue streams I hope these poor people will get their jobs back.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
You lay somebody off in a time of financial uncertainty and declining job security across all industries, there's no guarantee they're gonna walk into another job and just be OK - some people are going to struggle. Any multi-billion pound corporation that does this, particularly one owned by an actual billionaire capable of covering the costs with their pocket change, deserves criticism.

You might be OK with this, but people like myself are not. You can come to the conclusion that it's business and that's how business works and that's a valid interpretation - however that doesn't make it good, right or justifiable.

They've obviously been paid 80-100% of their wages for the past 5 or 6 months. Money shouldn't be a problem up until they can either be re hired by the club or get other jobs.

This isn't a third world country, people aren't going to starve. More reactionary stupid comments, why am I suprised.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Yeah that’s a good shout. Wonder if any of the staff working in the ticket office have been affected as well?

I hope in more prosperous times they can get rehired.

Sort of kills the buzz around transfers I’ve got to be honest, although I do understand the club’s thinking of trying to not let the on field product suffer.

I’ve seen the devastation that relegations have on smaller clubs and seen as so much of our income is based on the money from European football it might prevent further job losses down the line. If the club can stay in European football and keep the revenue streams I hope these poor people will get their jobs back.
The revenue is directly linked to the team's performance, especially now, so it makes sense to a degree. Still very disappointing that this is considered a necessary measure.

People actually defending the billionaires in these kind of situations.. Sickening..
The world we live in encourages this reptilian mindset for sure, and on some level people aspire to be like billionaires themselves, which is why so many people are apologists for them no matter how much they screw people over. KSE is more than capable of keeping these people employed but they choose not to.

This isn't a third world country, people aren't going to starve. More reactionary stupid comments, why am I suprised.
Believe it or not, poverty isn't just something that happens in third world countries - it's right on your doorstep too.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Hopefully they get a decent redundancy package to keep them sweet for long enough that they can find some work. I wouldn’t wish job seekers allowance on anyone. UK unemployment benefits are a disgrace. Glad I live in Sweden in that regard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom