• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta and Edu Transfer Targets: Summer 2020

Which signing would you prioritize of the two?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I was three weeks on holidays and I just saw that we got Wilian and that we are close with the Gabriel transfer. I have no clue if he's any good but what I know is we have 7 CB already, we bought Mari for £8m, we got Saliba and we gave Luiz another year. Why are we doing this? We need a maximum of 6 CBs I guess with Tierney even 5 could be enough.

Most important transfer would have been for me a new deal for Auba + get ride of the deadwood. Then we could plan much better. But so far we sold/loaned absolutely nobody.

There are not much i read for outgoings or what's the news?

I guess we would be listening to offers for:
  • Sokratis
  • Holding or Chambers
  • Kolasinac (Schalke loan?)
  • AMN (I hope not)
  • Torreira
  • Elneny
  • Guendouzi
  • Özil (Any news?)
  • Lacazette

Sokratis might be going to Napoli for ~5 million euros. Holding is close to a loan to Newcastle. Kola to Schalke. Torreira to Fiorentina maybe.

Chambers is injured, cannot be sold.

Tomb Bombadil

Sokratis might be going to Napoli for ~5 million euros. Holding is close to a loan to Newcastle. Kola to Schalke. Torreira to Fiorentina maybe.

Chambers is injured, cannot be sold.
Ok thanks for the update. Sokratis for 5m would be a great deal. Why Holding on loan? With or without buy option? IMO should be easy to sell him.

drippin

Ok thanks for the update. Sokratis for 5m would be a great deal. Why Holding on loan? With or without buy option? IMO should be easy to sell him.

He has 3 years in contract and is coming off a very bad injury. We can loan him and get more money/or keep him if he performs well.

Clubs won't pay what he is worth after that injury currently.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
loan without sale would be ideal cause Holding is good enough but needs games at this stage. Next year Luuz is gone

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Genuinely might not be 100% signed yet? Could be waiting to get rid of at least 1 CB?

In the country though isn't he. **** knows.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Yeah it’s self isolation. When Matchroom were doing their boxing shows they brought in a ring announcer from America and he had to self isolate for two weeks before the shows started. A rival boxing promotion complained he only self isolated for 13 days and not 14 days etc. So the guidelines are strictly followed.

I’m guessing everything is agreed, maybe even signed, after his 14 days are over they’ll all meet, do the video and photos etc.

Arsenal could get in trouble if it’s seen they’ve not totally followed whatever guidelines that are set out.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Genuinely starting to think if we cant get our top two targets then we should just go with what weve got. Saliba, Willian and Gabriel coming in makes us stronger than what we were. Trim the fat from the squad and keep the powder dry until we can actually get our top targets be that Partey, Aouar, Ceballos or my hope Grealish.

It's what Liverpool did with VVd and it's what United done with Bruno. And it's what weve done wrong over the years. The likes of Perez becoming expensive flops because we couldnt get our primary target and we end up burdened with them due to panicking.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Genuinely starting to think if we cant get our top two targets then we should just go with what weve got. Saliba, Willian and Gabriel coming in makes us stronger than what we were. Trim the fat from the squad and keep the powder dry until we can actually get our top targets be that Partey, Aouar, Ceballos or my hope Grealish.

It's what Liverpool did with VVd and it's what United done with Bruno. And it's what weve done wrong over the years. The likes of Perez becoming expensive flops because we couldnt get our primary target and we end up burdened with them due to panicking.

Thing is if we do make the sales we cant just not sign anyone. We absolutely need at least one midfielder.

drippin

Auba won't extend if Elneny is the first name on the midfield after Xhaka. The season might be lost before the window shuts.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Ceballos will return almost certain of it. Loan with obligation is definitely the best path.

Should be a decent week for outgoings running up to the internationals next weekend.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

@bingobob speaking the truth here.

Quality > Quantity

akhil

We don't have Ceballos though, he was a big part of our end of season form.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom