<

Arteta and Edu Transfer Targets: Summer 2020

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by DanDare, Feb 3, 2020.

?

Which signing would you prioritize of the two?

1. Partey

68.5%
  2. Aouar

31.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. L3T5 PL4Y

L3T5 PL4Y Flair Accuser

Yeah, I'm very interested to see what Arteta does with him. I get the feeling if we don't get Aouar and keep him to play, he might be this season's Saka.

dashsnow17 likes this.
  2. L3T5 PL4Y

L3T5 PL4Y Flair Accuser

Yeah and meanwhile if we manage to trim the squad by the end of the window, we should be in good shape. From there we just have to upgrade certain positions and get some decent squad players. Some of which might just turn up from the academy.

mpower2540 likes this.
  3. HairSprayGooners

HairSprayGooners Al Jazeera Correspondent

Because my opinion is different to yours? The facts are nobody will know how bale will do until he starts playing again. Özil still has the quality but it wouldn't work now.

Get a grip.

4. Sammy1887

Sammy1887 New Year, Same Hate For Reed

I think back to back defeats against Pool will spring us into action.

5. say yes

say yes Thread Title Abuser

Literally nothing has happened. It’s been the same story with Partey and Aouar for over a month now.

You sharing your little advent-calendar of bum ITKs each day doesn’t change that.

roz and Artisan like this.
  6. HairSprayGooners

Will you care if we get the best possible deals? We've already done business. You're acting as if we have done none.

Just go with the flow man.

7. EmeryCouldnt

EmeryCouldnt Well-Known Member

I sure hope not. That’s got mid table written all over it.

8. Highbury_2006

Highbury_2006 Village Idiot

Preparing for panic mode as we speak. Not much time left now and im fearing the worst.

9. Wrighty4eva

Wrighty4eva Well-Known Member

I guess we are going to wait for our assholes to be torn by liverpool before we actually improve the squad then..

254Giant likes this.
  10. boonthegoon

boonthegoon Well-Known Member

had a feeling all along that we were having a good window with all good rumors from good sources but in reality without A&P, it is a **** window. Time is running out. Getting worried.

11. Brett

Brett Well-Known Member

Partey I understand but Aouar at 60 mill is a joke.
    Will be happy with only Partey.
    Else we can forget the top 4.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2020
    254Giant and Raicore like this.
  12. HairSprayGooners

Still 10 days to go. A very long time in the transfer market. People will flap more and more the less time we have, but the fact remains that we can sign Partey in the last 3/4 days if need be as he has a release clause. That has always been the case.

If nothing has changed by the cup game against Liverpool next Thursday then we can panic :lol:

Until that point, calma.

oh to be a goon likes this.
  13. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

Aouar for 50-60M is not joke he is one of most improved talented midfielder in his age

14. Tosker

Tosker Does Not Hate Foreigners

is that the same Liverpool we beat twice only recently, and without Gabriel?

15. Blood on the Tracks

Blood on the Tracks Well-Known Member

Maybe I'm more optimistic than most but I think the current squad is good enough for a tilt at top 4.

Obviously we know we have deficiencies in midfield, but that West Ham performance will be one of our 5 worst performances this season. I wouldn't read too much into it. Everyone underperformed.

Still, I expect us to sign one more midfielder this summer. My personal preference would be Partey but I think it might end up being Aouar, or a player that hasn't even been linked to us yet.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2020
  16. HairSprayGooners

I think its enough to push but ultimately will finish 5th at best. One of the midfielders linked cements us into 4th. Two of them just makes it even more comfortable.

Logic would dictate one will sign. We will still shift players, loan deals will also bring cash in. Even if we just signed one our net spend would be sitting at around £30-50M which is realistic for this window.

17. dashsnow17

dashsnow17 Established Member

Fair enough but that's wildly optimistic. Leicester have a better midfield than us. Utd and Sp*rs have back-up midfielders that barely play that cost 50m. We have one serviceable back-up midfielder in Elneny. You might be able to win one-off cup games like this but you'll get find out over a league season with a midfield as threadbare as this one. We'd be lucky to get top 6.

18. say yes

say yes Thread Title Abuser

Arteta is a top manager but we're wasting him if we don't spend some serious money on this squad.

Will burn out like Potch at Sp**s.

19. HairSprayGooners

Its his first summer, none of us should be expecting a 200M spend. £60-100M would suffice.

20. SingmeasongSong

SingmeasongSong Rarely Right

I'm not worried at all that Edu and Arteta know perfectly well which players they need, how to not get fed **** players instead etc, but I AM worried that Kroenke just does not give them leeway, if they don't perform miracles in the market by selling every unwanted player for great fees.

You can play a risky game dragging it on in order to increase chances of getting better deals, but you cannot leave Arteta hanging, if it does not work out.

If that window does not end with proper incomings, then it's on Kroenke.
    Biding my time for now as to how I'm going to judge him, but it's looking worse with every day without any progress.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.