• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta and Edu Transfer Targets: Summer 2020

Which signing would you prioritize of the two?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

What this I'm seeing on Facebook that Ornstein is saying Laca could be sold?

By his reaction on the bench there could be the hope we are selling him, he usually is laughing at his own misses when he is subbed off but now he was a bit down, maybe he wanted that second goal to say goodbye! I hope so!

senna

What this I'm seeing on Facebook that Ornstein is saying Laca could be sold?

By his reaction on the bench there could be the hope we are selling him, he usually is laughing at his own misses when he is subbed off but now he was a bit down, maybe he wanted that second goal to say goodbye! I hope so!

Not reading too much into the reaction but if we can get rid of Laca that would be great. Especially if we can bring a more dynamic player like Zaha in or even Eduord who has better presence and link up.

Still secretly hoping Edu can use his contacts to find the next Brazilian wonderkid striker but looks more & mor eliek Edu doesnt have any contacts in Brazil!

Not reading too much into the reaction but if we can get rid of Laca that would be great. Especially if we can bring a more dynamic player like Zaha in or even Eduord who has better presence and link up.

Still secretly hoping Edu can use his contacts to find the next Brazilian wonderkid striker but looks more & mor eliek Edu doesnt have any contacts in Brazil!

There were reports when we hired Edu that he was hated there in Brazil.

senna

In theory this is interesting, but in reality it's fantasy stuff. The false 9 positon is a bit of a myth imo, its only have worked with Barca/Spain as they were the two greatest possession teams of all time. Barca also has Messi in this position.

There is no way we dominate the ball to the extent where we are constantly in the oppositon third every game, where we can play passes in behind to the wingers constantly. That team would also get destroyed on transitions imo.

The center forwards in the best teams now are all around 6ft, powerful, can hold the ball, technically gifted (Lewandoski/Firmino/Benzema ect). That's the type of player we should be aiming for to play that position imo.

Positive thing is that the main targets this summer (Aouar/Partey/Gabriel) are all profiles that we need and are suited to the modern game, so I expect us to sign a player like this once Lacazette goes.

I think if Laca goes the target will be Zaha or Eduoard to play the false 9 role, both of whom are powerful and can link up play. Their pace will also be devastating when we play on the counterattack. With Nketiah subbing as a pressing forward & taking over if he can develop his all round game.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I think if Laca goes the target will be Zaha or Eduoard to play the false 9 role, both of whom are powerful and can link up play. Their pace will also be devastating when we play on the counterattack. With Nketiah subbing as a pressing forward & taking over if he can develop his all round game.

For me Eduoard is the one, suspect he will come in when Lacazette goes. Personally dont think Zaha can play as a lone 9, he needs to face the play and run at people 1v1.

D

Dial Square 1886

Mate, Zaha is not a false 9 in a million years.

Sorry!

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
If Laca goes the target could be Zaha but only after signing the two mids we want. Then we can switch to 433 with Auba through the middle

D

Dial Square 1886

Using the term false 9 extremely loosely. Just because a player is good at link up play doesn't make them a false 9.
Benzema and Firminho are not.

I think there is quite a misunderstanding about what a false 9 actually is and also some underestimating of the exceptional abilities required to play there effectively.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
If Laca goes the target could be Zaha but only after signing the two mids we want. Then we can switch to 433 with Auba through the middle

Selling Laca, getting Zaha in and finally shifting Auba to CF would be the stuff of dreams and I kinda rate Laca, but it would be 10 times more balanced and better for our overall play.

Laca still leaving and the Zaha thing though.. that's kinda both fairy tales, so why discuss this again ?
Both ain't happening.

Kobi

I Know Who You Are
Using the term false 9 extremely loosely. Just because a player is good at link up play doesn't make them a false 9.
Benzema and Firminho are not.

A false nine is a 'striker' who spends most of the time not standing at centre forward, that's it.
Just because Messi is synonymous with the role people think the you have to play it similarly , Benzema and Firmino are most definitely more false nine than centre forwards.

w3zaJQA.png

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot
Its a bit quiet today but its only 16.10 (15.10 in England) so lets hope we get some news soon. Dont want another boring day.
Will Arteta talk to the press today?

HomeSteak

Established Member
Its a bit quiet today but its only 16.10 (15.10 in England) so lets hope we get some news soon. Dont want another boring day.

He should yes, one day before the game. And yes, the news should come later...way to early right now. Sad, as I'm board as hell at work...

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩

Most of the juicy stuff broke last night to be fair. We should see more on Torreira later for sure. Hopefully Aouar as well.

At the moment its looking pretty good though, the groundwork has been put into place for every player we want to sell and the two players we want to buy which is brilliant.

Makavelii

A false nine is a 'striker' who spends most of the time not standing at centre forward, that's it.
Just because Messi is synonymous with the role people think the you have to play it similarly , Benzema and Firmino are most definitely more false nine than centre forwards.

w3zaJQA.png
Heat map just looks like a striker switching up with the wing positions if you ask me.

Kobi

I Know Who You Are
Heat map just looks like a striker switching up with the wing positions if you ask me.

And the wing isn't where a number nine is supposed to be, a false nine doesn't have to stay central, they just go somewhere other than where you expect to find them.
Besides which if you look at his heatmap over the whole season he clearly roams pretty much all over the pitch.

xymOkSK.png

* Not written by me btw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom