• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta and Edu Transfer Targets: Summer 2020

Which signing would you prioritize of the two?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
After the Sheffield United game we have 30 hours to do something.

If we are to do anything it'll break tomorrow night/Monday morning like Özil did.

HAVE FAITH.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Don’t know how some could be unhappy with this window, we’ve got these 3 to get us through the season
SPORT-PREVIEW-Arsenal-Decision.jpg

Everytime I see Soares he looks like someone who can't believe he actually got a 4 year contract. He must be thinking we're insane.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
My heart says Arteta will not allow this, he will not allow a net spend of nothing or even a profit this window. After everything he said before the window opened it just isnt plausible.

Money is there, we bid for Aouar. We have cash so we can do something.

I have faith we will pull something out the bag.

Papa Wonga

Established Member
All the club have to do, is come out and say we're finished with incomings. Then the full riot can start, can't be doing with this stop start riot.

roz

Fake News Merchant
Everytime I see Soares he looks like someone who can't believe he actually got a 4 year contract. He must be thinking we're insane.
I know, guy can’t believe his luck.

I imagine someone asking him any old question about arsenal and he instantly makes that face as he thinks “5years”

Papa Wonga

Established Member
Imagine having the 2004 squad going into the transfer window, realising you don't need to buy anyone because the balance is already perfect.

The good ol daaaaaays.

Leo_ense_

AnthonyG Survivor
After the Sheffield United game we have 30 hours to do something.

If we are to do anything it'll break tomorrow night/Monday morning like Özil did.

HAVE FAITH.

Have to hand it to you, you are consistent with your optimism/delusion.

As I told you two days ago, it’s slowly going to dawn on you that our business is done, barring a late, worthless loan deal.

Finesse

Too loyal.

Again Journos pushing out hypothetical truths to stay relevant.

The facts of the deal are clear. Arsenal is the only club interested in Aouar and ready to make a deal. PSG ,Juve , Real etc are interested but not ready to deal this summer for very obvious reasons. Lyon as usual is very clear with their strategy. Pay up or shut up. Simple. Arsenal have not been able to take full advantage of the fact there is no other suitor. The bids have been way below the Lyon valuation of the player. Lyon is a football club and want to go into the season with a clear idea of their team and options. It is unfair to go into a season with 2 of their best players one leg in and one leg out. ( Aouar - Arsenal and Memphis - Barca). They allowed buying clubs some deadline to make their deals and close the files so they could go into the season with clarity. The real reason Lyon has "called off the negotiations" is simply because Arsenal's offer is no where near where they could hope for a deal. 38M and 50M difference is too far. So why wait , keep the player out of the team and suffer disruptions etc. They have decided to ignore Arsenal and integrate players into the team and prepare for their games as usual. NO OFFICIAL statement has come from Lyon to say we are no longer selling to Arsenal and Barca etc. They are just getting on with their season as opposed to waiting for Arsenal and leaving Aouar out of the team etc.

Now back to Arsenal. If we want Aouar we know what to do. Even on Monday if the right figures ( 45M onwards plus addons reaching 50M etc ) hit Lyon, Arsenal would have the player. Simple. Same with Barca. IF they offload a player and have space for Depay and pay the value on Monday, he is theirs. Lyon have replaced these players already.

On a personal note , I am glad Lyon played this card today. It will put Arsenal Management and Board under pressure to act now. Same for Partey. We know what to do. Act now or yo dont stand a chance next season when the big boys turn up with their cheques.

I can sympathize with Edu and Arteta. ( if they had the funds, they would bring in these players a month ago) We just do not have the proper backing to take this club where it should be and we banked on player sales to fund the incoming. We have failed woefully this far and not been able to get a penny from our main shop displays. ( Lucas and Guendouzi). We expected 50M minimum from these 2. Now we have to see what the board and owners are made up of. Can Kroenke etc open a line of credit to back the manager since plan A ( player sales to fund incoming) did not work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom