<

Arteta and Edu Transfer Targets: Summer 2020

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by DanDare, Feb 3, 2020.

?

Which signing would you prioritize of the two?

1. Partey

68.5%
  2. Aouar

31.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HairSprayGooners

HairSprayGooners Al Jazeera Correspondent

40 hours...

Imagine if fans were in the stadium today. Would be a mess.

So many things to sort out. I'll have faith until the very last.

When you look at our window on transfermrkt it looks awful. And that's coming from me :lol:

From whats been said about wanting the club to win the PL and CL it is just awful. Pandemic aside there was ways to do things this summer.

40 hours :shivering:

2. Rasmi

Rasmi Well-Known Member

I think you are underrating xhaka and ceballos tbh. Random players ain’t better than them and they are good solid players. We need top class players to go to next level not more good players. I can’t think of a central midfielder available that would improve us unless we pay partey clause. Rock is absolutely not improvement on xhaka who already shined in German league and international football. I watched xhaka vs Germany recently and he looked as good as any midfielder on the pitch

Pyres7 likes this.
  3. gunnergoa

gunnergoa Well-Known Member

Last year everyone wanted Xakha out now he is the best player since slice bread.Xakha and cebellos are bog average.......and the top quality Ayer that u want will never chose us because we are a mid table team.......if a top player has to chose between us Chelsea,Liverpool,City,PSGillburt,Bayern whom do u think he will chose? We need to stop buying player we cannot buy and start to actually make some intelligent signing

4. The_Playmaker

The_Playmaker Established Member

I am not underrating Xhaka at all. Frankly bored of listing the reasons why he is so easily improved upon. Partey is not the only midfielder in the world who is better than Xhaka.

Xhaka lacks speed, the ability to turn on the ball, the ability to beat a man and the ability to recover and tackle.

Find those traits in one player, even if they are terrible at shooting or hitting long passes or finishing. Terrible at heading. It literally wouldn't matter. It would allow us to move higher up the pitch and to a back 4.

DanDare and Wrighty4eva like this.
  5. Dutch D

Dutch D Well-Known Member

The thought of going into the rest of the season with the current crop of midfielders is downright depressing. 3-at-the-back against relegation plodders for the rest of the season. I back us to finish top3 only in the fewest attempts on goal category as stands.

ItWasMeBarry, krengon, Trilly and 3 others like this.
  6. Troopz

Troopz Established Member

This post just made me realise that you have small d*ck syndrome.

Hiding away from quoting me.

#254 Well-Known Member

In my local language we have this saying that goes, 'siku njema huonekana asubuhi', meaning a good day shows promise in the morning. Auba has began the season quite poorly with only a single goal in the EPL. We all know he has carried the team in the last two seasons. I am certain his poor return will continue if we don't sign better players to service him.
    Partey/a proper defensive or box to box CM and Aouar is a must sign. Otherwise, you can be guaranteed of 8th regardless of how good Arteta is.

The decisions the club makes in the next 40 hours or less are very critical to the future of this club. **** up and it's ****ed up.

yorch44 and dashsnow17 like this.
  8. Tir Na Nog

Tir Na Nog In Big Trouble If He Speaks

Look at him go. :drool:

9. HairSprayGooners

HairSprayGooners Al Jazeera Correspondent

Early in the morning couldn't be bothered going back through posts g.

Awful suggestions though, the sort of panic buys Wenger would make after an 8-2 loss to United.

10. DanDare

DanDare Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief

[​IMG]

Tir Na Nog likes this.
  11. em9999

em9999 The Coward of AM

Coming to the conclusion that some of our fanbase are just moaning c#nts who won't be happy no matter what the club do ..

Macho and Paddy from Sweden like this.
  12. em9999

em9999 The Coward of AM

Stop moaning and support the club you claim to love .. do u moan at your wife like this when she doesn't go out buying Gucci... Grow the **** up

Beksl and Paddy from Sweden like this.
  13. Hjalmaar

Hjalmaar Well-Known Member

Yeah. It's not happening for us is it? Let's just hope Arteta can squeeze a miracle out of this squad so we're in a better position next year.

14. MikeVinna

MikeVinna Well-Known Member

Season over before it’s started because of this window. No chance in hell we’re getting top 4 with a dire midfield like ours. Jorginho would add nothing and we’d have another ageing player on the books that we’ll be struggling to shift to Italy in a few years.

15. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

No links whatsoever about other players just club should come out and say we buying nobody anymore so we'll stop hoping.

Sanchez11, Macho and Trilly like this.
  16. MikeVinna

MikeVinna Well-Known Member

Imagine being Auba and seeing this hopeless transfer window.

yorch44 and SingmeasongSong like this.
  17. truth_hurts

truth_hurts Well-Known Member

Would be all for this transfer. Loan or permanent.

African Flair and Troopz like this.
  18. dashsnow17

dashsnow17 Established Member

Does that Napoli fan not realise they just spent like 70m on Osimhen?

But yeah Daka looks class, they're calling him the new Eto'o, and when I say they I mean me, i'm calling him that.

Troopz, Trilly and DanDare like this.
  19. zilfy

zilfy Well-Known Member

Is it so much to ask for the club we support, given its history, to at least have the faint possibility of even making top 4?
    Not signing is like not even trying to be competitive. Why the **** would anyone be happy with that?

20. field442

field442 Hates Journalists Named James Trusted

This is an interesting point. The likelihood is Aouar gets a bigger move next summer and at 28 we won’t be spending £45m on Partey, so what do the club do? Looking at our options you’d think they’d need to bring in some players in midfield whatever happens, even if they aren’t our first choice.

ItWasMeBarry and OnlyOne like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.