<

Arteta and Edu Transfer Targets: Summer 2020

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by DanDare, Feb 3, 2020.

?

Which signing would you prioritize of the two?

1. Partey

68.5%
  2. Aouar

31.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dutch D

Dutch D Well-Known Member

I'd take Buendia at this point. He's good in transition, can receive a ball under pressure and has a very good pass on him. Pair him with Ceballos and Elneny.

Sanchez11 likes this.
  2. Trilly

Trilly The John Sauce Of Ilford Trusted

I’m just so so so angry.

Gave Edu the reigns and he’s failed at the first hurdle. I’m sure there are valid small excuses but overall it just looks really bad.

3. OnlyOne

OnlyOne Thomas Tuchel Stan Trusted

I am so mad you know. I've fully lost my head, and it's not even because we didn't sign A+P, it's because we're going into a full season with 4 competitions a super congested schedule and with barely a summer break and our only midfield options are a loan player and Xhaka and Elneny. :rofl:

Trilly likes this.
  4. Ind0Gunnerz

Ind0Gunnerz Well-Known Member

Damn...not even links to other targets after Auoar failed. Wonder if the board will wait for 3 months and test again in the January window, rather than getting any stop gap now

5. HairSprayGooners

HairSprayGooners Al Jazeera Correspondent

If we sell Kola we will be in profit. That's unacceptable for us.

6. Rasmi

Rasmi Well-Known Member

I think they got broken and gave up. What’s the point

7. El Duderino

El Duderino 99 Problems But A Mitch Ain't One Trusted

I'm not a Raul Stan, but it's obvious with COVID and yet another executive shuffle that the outcome would be something like this.

All our deals have stalled and I feel that once more we kept waiting for the dominos to fall and they didn't.

Still, I much rather this than a summer where we get Pepe and Saliba for close to 100m and don't play them the following season.

Is our xg still as bad as it was with Emery? Feels like we've been over performing on that front once more (granted looking better Defensively), and I feel for the team when the goals dry up.

Trilly and dashsnow17 like this.
  8. HairSprayGooners

Mod Edit: either put each other on ignore today or you're both getting banned

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2020
    El Duderino likes this.
  9. say yes

say yes Thread Title Abuser

Stillman’s argument only works if we now go on to sign a backup to Aouar.

Everyone knows we desperately needed to sign a creative midfielder. There is nothing wrong with getting attached to Aouar - heralded as the best available - in those circumstances, even if most hadn’t heard of him before now.

El Duderino likes this.
  10. Blood on the Tracks

Blood on the Tracks Well-Known Member

Stillman is such a smug ****.
    Sort of guy that would hang around in an over priced micro pub, trying to chat up the barmaid by explaining how the menstrual cycle makes female footballers more susceptible to ACL injuries

11. OnlyOne

OnlyOne Thomas Tuchel Stan Trusted

12. HairSprayGooners

Kolasinac, Torreira, Guendouzi, Özil and Sokratis not even in the squad...

13. bingobob

bingobob Fan of Technicians Who Show Great Character Trusted

To an extent. But we also signed players last season and added a few this season. I'd rather get who we want or add a loan so we aren't clogging up the squad further.

14. dashsnow17

dashsnow17 Established Member

I'm not defending them cos I don't know what's gonna happen in the next 24 hours and I don't know the reality behind the scenes, but a couple of quite unfortunate things have gone against them.

Mustafi picking up a long-ish injury right before the market opened, in addition to Chambers' long-term injury, really didn't help. That's two players who could have been sold.

Nobody knows who's to blame for the Guendouzi and Özil situations, but that's a massive headache. Martinelli picked up a 6 month injury on the last kick of a training session, again ridiculously unfortunate. Perhaps Saliba hasn't arrived as ready as they were expecting.

The only piece of fortune we've had is the Leno injury, we got a cool 20m out of it.

15. boxerumble

boxerumble Well-Known Member

The only thing keeping me going right now is the faintest glimmer of hope that Arteta has a ****ing ace up his sleeve and leads us to EL glory.

We’ll still finish 8th though

16. Highbury_2006

Highbury_2006 Village Idiot

Yes but i use it as a random insult just like the word n0nce (that has been used here 10000 times). There was no connection between me using the word cuck and me saying he is more invested in the womens team.

17. db.

db. Well-Known Member

So Aouar is not happening, we are desperate for creativity, and have Mesut Özil earning £350k and playing playstation.

18. El Duderino

Being used a 10000 times but it was dropped because pedo jokes got waaaaay too out of hand, you need to learn some restraint, my man.

hydrofluoric acid likes this.
  19. El Duderino

Wait, he's earning 350k a week and he's not a PC Master Race member? The disapointment list with him keeps on growing, I guess.

Garrincha likes this.
  20. Highbury_2006

Highbury_2006 Village Idiot

If you dont like my posts you can put me on ignore.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.