• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta and Edu Transfer Targets: Summer 2020

Which signing would you prioritize of the two?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kysus

Grealish and move him into CM, play 433
Also buy Ziyech.

Would be around 100mil, selling 2-3 making it like 70mil netspend

Realistic and would improve us immensely.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
I told everyone he would flop and I got stick for it from the Love Island fans on here. Now he is fifth choice cm at Juve and about to get the boot. Italian fans wont pretend a player is a good player just because they like his hair and fancy him.

Yeah that's just not really right. Thing is he certainly hasn't overcome his injury woes, but when fit he's often been one of the first on the teamsheet. At least most of the German Italian Juve fans aren't that dissatisfied with him - apart from the injury thing. The bigger trouble they have is with Sarri, who just hasn't found a working formation, switching between 4312 and 433, and a working midfield combination. The only regulars are Pjanic with 29 games and, to the fury of Juve fans, Matuidi with 27. Next in line is Bentancur with 24. Bernardeschi who has been mostly used as an attacking midfielder in the 4312 has 21 games. The other new boy Rabiot has 20 games, Ramsey 18 - despite his injuries just two less than Rabiot and three less than Bernardeschi.

And the fans' anger is all over the place: Everyone wants someone else to stay and another one to get the boot. It's definitely been an underwhelming first season for Ramsey, but it's not really down to his ability, that's actually appreciated. But he hasn't gotten injuries under control and Sarri has been tinkering all season long with line-ups and formations. None of their midfielders has had a strong season thus far.

D

Dial Square 1886

Yeah that's just not really right. Thing is he certainly hasn't overcome his injury woes, but when fit he's often been one of the first on the teamsheet. At least most of the German Italian Juve fans aren't that dissatisfied with him - apart from the injury thing. The bigger trouble they have is with Sarri, who just hasn't found a working formation, switching between 4312 and 433, and a working midfield combination. The only regulars are Pjanic with 29 games and, to the fury of Juve fans, Matuidi with 27. Next in line is Bentancur with 24. Bernardeschi who has been mostly used as an attacking midfielder in the 4312 has 21 games. The other new boy Rabiot has 20 games, Ramsey 18 - despite his injuries just two less than Rabiot and three less than Bernardeschi.

And the fans' anger is all over the place: Everyone wants someone else to stay and another one to get the boot. It's definitely been an underwhelming first season for Ramsey, but it's not really down to his ability, that's actually appreciated. But he hasn't gotten injuries under control and Sarri has been tinkering all season long with line-ups and formations. None of their midfielders has had a strong season thus far.

Well we could have told them that would be the case :)

When has Ramsey had his injuries under control?

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Juve got Rambo for free, he's been injured a lot, and his wages are high. I don't think there will be a massive price tag on him.

We should get Rambo back and offer essentially the same deal he had already agreed to, but with slight changes, because it is one year later.

My guess is that Rambo would want to end his career here. Also with his injuries, we all know that it is best to rotate him, so this will mean that Torreira, Douzi, and AMN will still get minutes at AM.

Arteta knows Ramsey, and how to get the best out of him; but most importantly we need players that love and know the Arsenal culture. Ramsey is this guy.

I'd use Ramsey similarly to how City used Kompany as he got older. Have him play as much as he can, rely on his leadership, and as he gets older save him for the big matches.

Bringing him back is a no brainer.

Emery in his infinite stupidity let Cazorla, Ramsey and Kos leave. We can't get all three back, but getting one back would be pretty good.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Been on a spiritual journey recently, within, maybe even found god - which I’m exploring further. This all has seriously killed my interest in following Arsenal, seems meaningless.

It’s been fun, I hope we have a great summer of transfers and the club will bring you guys whatever you’re looking for, from me its god bless and goodbye.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Well we could have told them that would be the case :)

When has Ramsey had his injuries under control?

Never. And it's not his fault. It's a thing clubs need to take into account when they sign him or similar players, but it's never the players fault.

Ages ago I posted a study on how injuries during the physical growth phase, which can last iirc up to the age of 23/24, mostly have lasting impacts on bones, muscles and ligaments and how the follow up issues need to be managed very carefully or the players are in danger of chronic aches. This does concern any injury at any age really, as I remember posting something of the like about Emil Forsberg and his continuous groin issues which were on the verge of becoming chronic a few years ago, but the danger of these issues becoming chronic is far higher if you sustain the first injury while you're growing, and the treatment/management of these injuries and the possible fallout isn't managed well. And I think at Arsenal fans have seen too many of these. Ramsey got his leg broken at age 20. Diaby got his first serious ankle injury aged 19. Wilshere was 19 for his first serious injury, too. All of them suffered from subsequent injuries in the same areas. Fabregas might be another one who has maybe never suffered a massive injury during his youth, but a lot of of them, and whose career has been cut rather short, declining at the early age of about 30. The professionalization of sports and football especially, meaning kids get to play at higher levels earlier, thus need to perform to higher physical standards and are more prone to injury, means a higher health risk. Basically, a 18 or 19 or even 20 year old is physically not meant to perform as a high end athlete at the highest level and any serious injury sustained in the physical growth period can or will have lasting effects on your physical apparatus and thus your career. And there's examples in other sports and accounts by athletes from other sports which back this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom