• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta and Edu Transfer Targets: Summer 2020

Which signing would you prioritize of the two?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shalmaneser V

Are there any recent examples of this?

As far as successful Italian players who stayed for an extended period I can only think of Zola, Di Canio and Benito Carbone.

Ravenelli stayed one year.
Maccarone at Borough and his stay was short lived.
Balotelli had two spells and couldn’t wait to get away.

Ambrosetti at Chelsea. 2 years
Paolo Tramezzani Sp**s 1 Year
Taibi Man Utd less and a year
Marco Branca Borough 1 Year
Nicola Berti less than 2 years
Pierluigi Casiraghi 1 Year
Lombardo Palace 1 Year
Marco Matterazzi Everton 1 year
Vincenzo Montella Fulham 1 Year
Michele Padavano Palace 1 Year.
Christian Panucci Chelsea 1 Year.
Nicola Ventola Palace 1 Year.

Most recent examples :

Arturo Lupoli Arsenal 2 years.
Davide Di Michele West Ham 1 year
Alessandro Diamanti West Ham 1 year
Andrea Dossena Liverpool 18 months
Matteo Ferrari Everton 1 year
Emanuele Giaccherini Sunderland
Dani Osvaldo Southampton 1 Year
Rolando Bianchi Man City 1 Year
Bernardo Corradi Man city 1 Year
Graziano Pelle Southampton 2 years.
Aquilani Liverpool 1 Year
Patrick Cutrone Wolves 6 months.

Most of them flopped. A number came with decent reputations too.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
As far as successful Italian players who stayed for an extended period I can only think of Zola, Di Canio and Benito Carbone.

Ravenelli stayed one year.
Maccarone at Borough and his stay was short lived.
Balotelli had two spells and couldn’t wait to get away.

Ambrosetti at Chelsea. 2 years
Paolo Tramezzani Sp**s 1 Year
Taibi Man Utd less and a year
Marco Branca Borough 1 Year
Nicola Berti less than 2 years
Pierluigi Casiraghi 1 Year
Lombardo Palace 1 Year
Marco Matterazzi Everton 1 year
Vincenzo Montella Fulham 1 Year
Michele Padavano Palace 1 Year.
Christian Panucci Chelsea 1 Year.
Nicola Ventola Palace 1 Year.

Most recent examples :

Arturo Lupoli Arsenal 2 years.
Davide Di Michele West Ham 1 year
Alessandro Diamanti West Ham 1 year
Andrea Dossena Liverpool 18 months
Matteo Ferrari Everton 1 year
Emanuele Giaccherini Sunderland
Dani Osvaldo Southampton 1 Year
Rolando Bianchi Man City 1 Year
Bernardo Corradi Man city 1 Year
Graziano Pelle Southampton 2 years.
Aquilani Liverpool 1 Year
Patrick Cutrone Wolves 6 months.

Most of them flopped. A number came with decent reputations too.

Di matteo was very good.

Vialli was very good whenever he played for Chelsea but his playing time was limited due to a falling out with their manager Ruud.

Ravenelli had 3 seasons, played for Derby as well as Boro.

However on the whole the Italians do tend to struggle in the PL.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Looking through all the threads on AM I really got the impression people still underestimate Saka as a talent.

He ain't just a good talent - that guy's tier 1 and I've seen little of other players coming up that are as good as him with that age.

Insane talent.

His decision making is incredible for a teenager. DO you really have him as tier 1 talent who could be where Havertz, Sancho or Felix are in a couple of years? I have him a little below that. Great talent though.

I'd put him with Foden and Joe Gomez as young players who play important roles for big clubs.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Looking through all the threads on AM I really got the impression people still underestimate Saka as a talent.

He ain't just a good talent - that guy's tier 1 and I've seen little of other players coming up that are as good as him with that age.

Insane talent.
Makes it all the more stressful considering his contract situation.

I can live with Auba leaving but not Saka to be honest, seeing Gnabry now feels like a dagger through the heart. It was so clear he was a top talent and we mismanaged him completely.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
His decision making is incredible for a teenager. DO you really have him as tier 1 talent who could be where Havertz, Sancho or Felix are in a couple of years? I have him a little below that. Great talent though.

I'd put him with Foden and Joe Gomez as young players who play important roles for big clubs.
We should try to sign Foden if City keep dicking him about.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes

I think he's different. Sancho might have a bit more of a magic touch and I'd rate him above the other two, but Saka is still younger than them, has already a better body and looks to be more well-rounded as the others.

Sancho does not do much defensive work.

Overall Saka has like 2-3 years to catch up on Sancho, but already has got performances in the strongest league backed up by insane numbers, not even playing as an attacker.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
With D.Silva leaving he'll get plenty of opportunities next season.
You'd think that, but they've been heavily linked with Aouar and a couple other AMs for weeks. Clearly they don't trust him enough. I'd have done a Sancho if I was him but if he's happy with it then cool.

benjamin86

Established Member
I think he's different. Sancho might have a bit more of a magic touch and I'd rate him above the other two, but Saka is still younger than them, has already a better body and looks to be more well-rounded as the others.

Overall Saka has like 2-3 years to catch up on Sancho, but already has got performances in the strongest league backed up by insane numbers, not even playing as an attacker.
All comes down to their personalities to push on, improve and fullfill their talent. For every Ronaldo there's a Ravel Morrison.

truth_hurts

Interesting. Saka is doing it in a better league. I don't see special in him, but definitely world class potential.

I didn't mention Mbappe because he's a generational talent.

truth_hurts

You'd think that, but they've been heavily linked with Aouar and a couple other AMs for weeks. Clearly they don't trust him enough. I'd have done a Sancho if I was him but if he's happy with it then cool.

Pep clearly rates him. I'd be shocked if the club didn't integrate him more next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom