• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta and Edu Transfer Targets: Summer 2020

Which signing would you prioritize of the two?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MD3 Gunner

All Deals Off
Mad that with less than 30 days to go we haven't sold a single player yet.. Hopefully 8-9 of them will be out of the door soon

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
So much debate over formations and what Arteta wants to do. I think we have all been making the same mistake.

Arteta is a modern coach. He will use different formations and fluid systems where he even switches between formations in game. Just because he buys a certain player it doesn't mean we are shifting to a system that we will use every match.

Back 4, back 3 none of that matters, what matters is that we will sign players who can play more than one position. It's also a case of thinking about our bench.

Arteta has played a cm who moves to lcb, a lwb who moves to cm, a lwf who moves to Cf, a cf who drops into an am, a rb who moves into dm, a lb who moves to lwf and a lcb who moves to lb.

It's literally a guess what Arteta wants to do. He could play Aoaur wide if we got him. Nobody knows.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
So much debate over formations and what Arteta wants to do. I think we have all been making the same mistake.

Arteta is a modern coach. He will use different formations and fluid systems where he even switches between formations in game. Just because he buys a certain player it doesn't mean we are shifting to a system that we will use every match.

Back 4, back 3 none of that matters, what matters is that we will sign players who can play more than one position. It's also a case of thinking about our bench.

Arteta has played a cm who moves to lcb, a lwb who moves to cm, a lwf who moves to Cf, a cf who drops into an am, a rb who moves into dm, a lb who moves to lwf and a lcb who moves to lb.

It's literally a guess what Arteta wants to do. He could play Aoaur wide if we got him. Nobody knows.

If Arteta has the players he wants he will play a set team for most games in a 433.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
That's doesn't mean he wants a 433. Could be a 4231. Could be 442. You have no idea. He's currently using a back 3. Could be 3 5 2.

Hes currently using a back 3 because he doesn't have the players/doesnt trust the players to play a back 4.

He was using 4231 when he first came in. We lack serious creativity in a 3 hence why we want and need to get away from it.

Kysus

Why is their so little mention of the laca situation? It's sell or extent and on his wages this is a bit of a headache tbh

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Hes currently using a back 3 because he doesn't have the players/doesnt trust the players to play a back 4.

He was using 4231 when he first came in. We lack serious creativity in a 3 hence why we want and need to get away from it.

That doesn't mean he won't stick with the 3 even with the players he wants. He may want to play a 3. What I'm saying is you literally have no idea. So you can't say he prefers to play a 4 3 3 when he has tried it one time in a friendly.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
That doesn't mean he won't stick with the 3 even with the players he wants. He may want to play a 3. What I'm saying is you literally have no idea. So you can't say he prefers to play a 4 3 3 when he has tried it one time in a friendly.

He might play 343 against big teams away when we dont have the right players. But why play like the underdog constantly if you want big titles? You play 343 for a reason.

Arteta: "So how are we processing with our next few buys?"
Vinai: "What? How do I do that?"
Arteta: "You are bringing in more reinforcements this transfer window?"
Vinai: [insert in google search]How do I make convincing deepfakes?[/google search]

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Why is their so little mention of the laca situation? It's sell or extent and on his wages this is a bit of a headache tbh

Yeah it is a bit odd. Could be the club don't think they can get anyone good enough this summer so aren't willing to sell.

Or he's intertwined with Partey or just there's no interest with his wages

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Ffs, we have brought in Willian, Gabriel and gotten Dani back (plus Saliba has also joined us now) all of them are quality players who will make a difference this year, yet people are acting like we haven't signed anyone :lol:

Still got a month left too, chill.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Bit drunk but I think Mari is an entirely sensible signing.
I think he will turn out to be one. Having a back up left footed Cb is always welcome, should allow the system to translate well to rotated lineups.

Think the outrage, which I can understand, is because we bought him when we already had backups and needed a starter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom