• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta and Edu Transfer Targets: Summer 2020

Which signing would you prioritize of the two?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

WhatAFC

So you think a Chelsea cast off, two young untested french defenders, and a loan extension for a player who helped us to the lofty heights of 8th last season will make a difference ?

Also not to mention the season starts in a week, yes the transfer window closes in Oct (a whole month as I keep being told), but the amount of time for said signings to bed in, quarantine and actually be ready to play we could be four games in, and with none of our weaknesses addressed that doesn't fair to well for the coming season as momentum is key...
Poverty posting.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I don't expect Sokratis to sell for more than 6 mil. Kolasinac I expect 15 mil. I don't expect Elneny to be sold, but if he was, less than 6 mil. Chambers... eh I dont know or care.

What do you think people are expecting and what do you think will happen?

Sorry, I didn't see your reply. Trying to look at it without my Arsenal bias my estimations would be £20m ish for the lot.

Kolasinac 7-8m
Sokratis 2-3m
Elneny Free or loan.
Chambers 10-12m

Last edited:

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
So you think a Chelsea cast off, two young untested french defenders, and a loan extension for a player who helped us to the lofty heights of 8th last season will make a difference ?

Also not to mention the season starts in a week, yes the transfer window closes in Oct (a whole month as I keep being told), but the amount of time for said signings to bed in, quarantine and actually be ready to play we could be four games in, and with none of our weaknesses addressed that doesn't fair to well for the coming season as momentum is key...

Yes, we added 3 players that improve on current options. We also nailed down Auba, fortunately. We were not playing like an 8th place team after the restart or even since Arteta took over. In fact, statistically, we’ve played like a top 4 EPL team in 2020.

They also don’t have to quarantine further after reentering elite football.

You come off as just being intentionally negative.

Jellon Lamb

Why is their so little mention of the laca situation? It's sell or extent and on his wages this is a bit of a headache tbh

I hope the club are just waiting to see the first or second domino fall, as far as strikers being sold and then they’ll look to move Lacazette. Werner was done early but there’s the potential for plenty of other forwards changing clubs. Lautaro, Suarez, Cavani, Depay, Costa, Dzeko, etc...I’ve even heard Morata come up as a possibility for Juve if they can’t land Suarez.

That will leave a lot of clubs looking for a guy who can score goals. Have to think someone will come in with an offer for Lacazette. Obviously, if he goes, you have to buy a replacement and like most, I’d love to see Edouard at Arsenal.

Maybe they don’t find a buyer....maybe they don’t even try? Either way, you can’t sign Laca to an extension. His wage demands will be too high and it’ll just cause more headaches down the road. I can’t imagine that, when Arteta envisions what he wants the squad to look like in 2 years, he sees a role for a 30 year old Lacazette.

That’s why I feel like you need to move him this window. It’s has nothing to do with how I rate him. I just don’t see Arteta having long term plans for Laca and his value deprecates every window. I do understand that funds are limited though and unless Laca is used in a swap, it might be difficult to get the midfielder(s) we need and afford another striker.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Not to keen on ASM, but also not seen him on a constant basis. If we'd really be in for such a player, we could just get the ready-made option with Zaha for not much more

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Another week without sales. Internationals are all done tomorrow thank lord so hopefully things can start chugging along.

Some movements are happening and money is moving round the market fairly slowly but it needs to pick up. Think Torreira and Sokratis are going this week.

Gone very quiet on the Bellerin front which could be a good thing, we know PSG are desperate for a right back. Kolasinac gone quiet again, maybe our asking price is too high.

Oh and Auba hasn't been announced which is weird, pretty sure he's waiting for ambition to be shown transfer wise. Can't think of any other reasons for him to not sign and be announced.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
FailingHarmoniousAnkole-size_restricted.gif

roz

Fake News Merchant
Aubemeyang out thread.

I can assure you I have a top, top level source.
Works at BeIN sports, platinum member.

Everything I hear I pass on at the risk of exposing my source, I also have pictures to prove it but can’t show them as it would also expose my source

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Aubemeyang out thread.

I can assure you I have a top, top level source.
Works at BeIN sports, platinum member.

Everything I hear I pass on at the risk of exposing my source, I also have pictures to prove it but can’t show them as it would also expose my source

Is your life really this boring?

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom