• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta and Edu Transfer Targets: Summer 2020

Which signing would you prioritize of the two?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
40 hours...

Imagine if fans were in the stadium today. Would be a mess.

So many things to sort out. I'll have faith until the very last.

When you look at our window on transfermrkt it looks awful. And that's coming from me :lol:

From whats been said about wanting the club to win the PL and CL it is just awful. Pandemic aside there was ways to do things this summer.

40 hours :shivering:

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

It doesn't matter if they are proven or not. It's down to the scouting and whether they would adapt to the pace and physicality of the league. We have witnessed first hand how difficult it has been for Pepe. Aouar will not adapt instantly. He doesn't carry a team. If Lyon play **** he is anonymous. He doesn't drag Lyon to places they shouldn't be and he definitely wouldn't with us.

Saka can easily be our creative force. The problem is the central midfield area.

Xhaka, Elneny, Guendouzi, Ceballos, Lacazette are the key players that needed upgrades. Not by big name proven players, but with players who suit Arteta's system and who are simply better footballers. I am sorry but you do not have to cost 50 million to be a better footballer than Xhaka or Ceballos.

We are acting like our players are of the highest grade and that we can't improve upon them. Roca would have been an improvement on Xhaka. He has a better passing range, more press resistant and has a much higher ceiling. There are players out there who have potential to surpass Partey. We just wont take the risk or can't even find them. So we spend an entire summer chasing players we can't afford. Playing a game of poker we have no experience in.

They said they have a plan. If a Jorginho loan is a plan then what sense is that? Why would Jorginho want to leave a team he is playing in that has Champions league football.
I think you are underrating xhaka and ceballos tbh. Random players ain’t better than them and they are good solid players. We need top class players to go to next level not more good players. I can’t think of a central midfielder available that would improve us unless we pay partey clause. Rock is absolutely not improvement on xhaka who already shined in German league and international football. I watched xhaka vs Germany recently and he looked as good as any midfielder on the pitch

gunnergoa

I think you are underrating xhaka and ceballos tbh. Random players ain’t better than them and they are good solid players. We need top class players to go to next level not more good players. I can’t think of a central midfielder available that would improve us unless we pay partey clause. Rock is absolutely not improvement on xhaka who already shined in German league and international football. I watched xhaka vs Germany recently and he looked as good as any midfielder on the pitch

Last year everyone wanted Xakha out now he is the best player since slice bread.Xakha and cebellos are bog average.......and the top quality Ayer that u want will never chose us because we are a mid table team.......if a top player has to chose between us Chelsea,Liverpool,City,PSGillburt,Bayern whom do u think he will chose? We need to stop buying player we cannot buy and start to actually make some intelligent signing

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I am not underrating Xhaka at all. Frankly bored of listing the reasons why he is so easily improved upon. Partey is not the only midfielder in the world who is better than Xhaka.

Xhaka lacks speed, the ability to turn on the ball, the ability to beat a man and the ability to recover and tackle.

Find those traits in one player, even if they are terrible at shooting or hitting long passes or finishing. Terrible at heading. It literally wouldn't matter. It would allow us to move higher up the pitch and to a back 4.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
The thought of going into the rest of the season with the current crop of midfielders is downright depressing. 3-at-the-back against relegation plodders for the rest of the season. I back us to finish top3 only in the fewest attempts on goal category as stands.

In my local language we have this saying that goes, 'siku njema huonekana asubuhi', meaning a good day shows promise in the morning. Auba has began the season quite poorly with only a single goal in the EPL. We all know he has carried the team in the last two seasons. I am certain his poor return will continue if we don't sign better players to service him.
Partey/a proper defensive or box to box CM and Aouar is a must sign. Otherwise, you can be guaranteed of 8th regardless of how good Arteta is.

The decisions the club makes in the next 40 hours or less are very critical to the future of this club. **** up and it's ****ed up.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
This post just made me realise that you have small d*ck syndrome.

Hiding away from quoting me.

Early in the morning couldn't be bothered going back through posts g.

Awful suggestions though, the sort of panic buys Wenger would make after an 8-2 loss to United.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Look at him go. :drool:

giphy.gif

Hjalmaar

Yeah. It's not happening for us is it? Let's just hope Arteta can squeeze a miracle out of this squad so we're in a better position next year.

MikeVinna

Established Member
Season over before it’s started because of this window. No chance in hell we’re getting top 4 with a dire midfield like ours. Jorginho would add nothing and we’d have another ageing player on the books that we’ll be struggling to shift to Italy in a few years.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless

Wrighty knows football. Our best bet is to get Idrissa Gueye on loan but I’m not sure if PSG will let him go. He’s PL proven and has all the qualities that Xhaka lacks, it’ll feel like having an extra player in midfield with the ground Gueye covers.

Gueye and Aouar would be fantastic business. Not happening though.

Would be all for this transfer. Loan or permanent.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
If we’re not sorting out the midfield just use the cash from Emi and go after Patson Daka then shift out Lacazette.

At least by doing that then we’d sort out our attack and we’d have secured one of the most promising forward players in Europe.

Does that Napoli fan not realise they just spent like 70m on Osimhen?

But yeah Daka looks class, they're calling him the new Eto'o, and when I say they I mean me, i'm calling him that.

zilfy

Coming to the conclusion that some of our fanbase are just moaning c#nts who won't be happy no matter what the club do ..
Is it so much to ask for the club we support, given its history, to at least have the faint possibility of even making top 4?
Not signing is like not even trying to be competitive. Why the **** would anyone be happy with that?

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐

This is an interesting point. The likelihood is Aouar gets a bigger move next summer and at 28 we won’t be spending £45m on Partey, so what do the club do? Looking at our options you’d think they’d need to bring in some players in midfield whatever happens, even if they aren’t our first choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom