• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta and Edu(ardo Hagn)'s Transfer Targets: January 2021

Will We Sign The Attacking Midfielder We Need?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Well both Aouar and Szoboszlai won't cost much but i think we'll need CL next season keep buying expensive players and we keep playing in europa will cost club too much money. as i said before 2 creative midfielders and striker are needed next summer

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Bell says Szoboszlai in January, Aouar next summer :eek:

Hmmm.

Szoboszlai is an intersting case. Jesse Marsch said in some podcast that he's thinking the player will leave in January. Now with the RB connection Leipzig seems like the obvious destination, but they are currently stacked with attacking mids: Sabitzer, Forsberg, Kluivert, Olmo, Nkunku and they bought Lazar Samardzic who's rated as one of the top talents of the 2002 generation and touted by some as being a talent on the level of Havertz, Goetze, etc.

Now there could still be an opening for Szoboszlai at Leipzig. Sabitzer and Forsberg will only have 1 year left on their contract next summer and both might be opting for moves, especially with registred interest in Sabitzer from England. Even if they stay, Nagelsmann has recently opted to field Sabitzer further down the pitch as a sort of deep 10 playmaker which opens up the space for another attacking mid. Samardzic is only 19, too, Kluivert only on loan and hasn't impressed that much. With guys like Nkunku there's also already interest from abroad. But this is all rather summer of 21 business, not January business. Leipzig also already spent more than 30m for Sorloth and Hwang and I can't see one of their key attackers leaving this January.

I guess there still might be the option to buy Szoboszlai in January and loan him back until summer, during which Leipzig might see the back of some of Sabitzer, Forsberg, Nkunku as well as Kluivert returning to Roma - and within the Red Bull franchise nothing is impossible. It will surely depend on whether the player himself is open to staying until summer or pushes for an early move in winter. If he does that, Arsenal might well be in the race and at least an option, although it is likely Szoboszlai will actually look for a CL club.

What makes this whole piece a bit unbelievable for me though is the last paragraph. Leipzig is the mother club of Salzburg, if anything that's what makes a move there more likely, not that Leipzig is a "friend club" of Bayern Munich. Leipzig is an emerging rival for the league title and they know so themselves, they got feeder clubs like Salzburg all over the world and are themselves at the end of such a talent feeder line, it's a ridiculous narrative Leipzig, as Bayern challengers, would act as a feeder club for Bayern themselves. The likes of Werder Bremen might behave like that, as they did in the Gnabry case, but surely not the likes of Leipzig, Dortmund, Leverkusen or Gladbach. And apart from Leverkusen those are the German CL clubs. I'm doubtful about one of those taking Szoboszlai on loan from Bayern for a half to one and a half years with little upside as they're all in need of generating cash via developing and selling talent as well as being able to attract such talent themselves. The other thing is if such an option is attractive to the player himself.
I'd take this whole report with a huge grain of salt.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
There is no chance we could get Haaland ffs :lol:. Szoboszlai would be good in January, but I think we need a CF most. Lacazette and Eddie are no where near good enough for a top 6 team.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Dortmund wouldn’t even sell Sancho for below 80M and you guys think we’re getting Haaland?

:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Dennis Bergkamp is the club's unconditional idol, a perfectionist whom I never saw make a careless technical move.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom