• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta and Edu(ardo Hagn)'s Transfer Targets: January 2021

Will We Sign The Attacking Midfielder We Need?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I have my doubts about Edu and the scraping of scouts but saying Edu didnt buy well this summer is a farce.
Sporting directors need to be judged on what they have done long term (3-5 years) and its just too early to make an judgement on Edu
agreed.

Lol. Was Cagigao the one negotiating with Lille and seeing it through while being jobless?
no, but if you're being pedantic, he brought us Cesc, RvP and Martinelli. and our club fired him as soon as Edu took over.

Bro some of you will find a fault in everything the club does.
I don't have to agree with everything the club does either. I'm not going to start btt-licking Edu as soon as he drives into Arsenal.

ffs, you should be old enough to know it is not all black and white

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
James, what a player. The quality of his passing and crossing is just top. Would love to have him in our team. So similar to Özil when he was still good, just with a bit more ability to hold the ball up-- always makes the right decision, always has perfect weight of pass.

WiscoGooner8

James, what a player. The quality of his passing and crossing is just top. Would love to have him in our team. So similar to Özil when he was still good, just with a bit more ability to hold the ball up-- always makes the right decision, always has perfect weight of pass.
Nobody wanted James on the forum this summer.

my dream transfers for January/next Summer

ins= Houssem Aouar (Lyon= £45M), Lorenzo Pellegrini (Roma= £27M), Dayot Upamecano (Leipzig= £40M), Jonny Evans (Leicester= £0), Tariq Lamptey (Brighton= £25M), Dani Ceballos (Real Madrid= £22.5M), Liberato Cacace (Wellington= £5M)

outs= Shkodran Mustafi (£5M), Sead Kolasinac (£10M), Mesut Özil (£0), Sokratis (£0), David Luiz (£0), Mohamed Elneny (£10M), Calum Chambers (£12.5M), Rob Holding (£12.5M), Alexandre Lacazette (£40M), Cedric Soares (£5m), Hector Bellerin (£35M), Lucas Torreira (£22M), Granit Xhaka (£30M), Konstantinos Mavropanos (£5M), Joe Willock (£20M)

Realistic for both January & Summer.

ins= Houssem Aouar (Lyon= £45M), Dani Ceballos (Real Madrid= £22.5M), Ryan Bertrand (Southampton= £0), Samuel Umtiti (Barcelona= £5M Loan fee, option to buy)

outs= Mesut Özil (£0), Shkodran Mustafi (£0), Sead Kolasinac (£10M), Sokratis (£0), David Luiz (£0), Mohamed Elneny (£7.5M), Calum Chambers (£10M), Lucas Torreira (£22M), Konstantinos Mavropanos (£2M)

What I Expect...

ins= Dani Ceballos (Real Madrid= Loan), Julian Draxler (PSG= £0), Patrick Van Aanholt (Crystal Palace= £0), Jerome Boateng (Bayern= Loan), Max Meyer (Crystal Palace= £0), Marcos Rojo (Manchester Utd= £0)

outs= Mesut Özil (£0), Sead Kolasinac (£3M), Mohamed Elneny (£4M), Calum Chambers (£6M), Lucas Torreira (£15M), Konstantinos Mavropanos (£500K), Sokratis (£0), Shkodran Mustafi (£0), David Luiz (£0), Matteo Guendouzi (£20M)

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
I'll admit to not wanting James. Not because I doubted his quality, but because I doubted his work rate and how he'd adapt to the league. Coutinho was the one I wanted.

He's looking a brilliant signing so far.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
I'll admit to not wanting James. Not because I doubted his quality, but because I doubted his work rate and how he'd adapt to the league. Coutinho was the one I wanted.

He's looking a brilliant signing so far.

I think there was a bit of myth-making about this with James...he actually had a fine defensive contribution for someone in his position at Bayern. Also, in general, South American players necessarily have this facet to their game. Simeone wouldn't have wanted him at Atléti otherwise.

Anyways, that was the reason why I was convinced in wanting him. When we were strongly rumoured with Coutinho I suggested he might actually be the better target.

truth_hurts

I think there was a bit of myth-making about this with James...he actually had a fine defensive contribution for someone in his position at Bayern. Also, in general, South American players necessarily have this facet to their game. Simeone wouldn't have wanted him at Atléti otherwise.

Anyways, that was the reason why I was convinced in wanting him. When we were strongly rumoured with Coutinho I suggested he might actually be the better target.

Simeone also wanted Özil, but I get your point.

I don't think James is the type of player we need though as we needed dynamism. Everton have Richarlison and DCL who are relentless runners. We need a relentless runner or either Eddie to get ready quickly or Martinelli to start more

benjamin86

Established Member
Our manager to stop impersonating Sam Allaedyce and for us to play some attacking football.
We're not at a point we can afford to play attacking football vs teams like Liverpool or City. I think Partey will help us in a big way at both ends of the pitch, his ability to break a pressv and turn defense into attack should be just what this team needs.

lufere7

Player:Martinelli
Honestly just break the bank for him.

At 1 minute in that's just ridiculous but other things here right upto the end. Imagine having him out wide left or in midfield. Dribbling, passing, vision. Unreal talent.
I thought that was a bit underwhelming for a player's highlights but realized halfway through it was a single match, that's insane :lol:

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Yeah, Grealish just signed the Zaha contract. Good luck getting them to sell.
Palace would have sold if we paid 80m.

If you need to break the bank for Grealish then you simply do it. He is a signing that would pay for himself.

truth_hurts

We'd better make sure that we finish about Villa first! Commercially, it would be a great move for us though. In this climate, 60m would do it I reckon.

He'll probably end up at United though.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Honestly just break the bank for him.

At 1 minute in that's just ridiculous but other things here right upto the end. Imagine having him out wide left or in midfield. Dribbling, passing, vision. Unreal talent.

Reminds so much of Alexis on what he can offer and it's exactly what we would need and Auba could finally play CF.

But pretty much no chance, he even signed a big new contract.

They almost went down and then trashed Liverpool 7:2 ffs, football is so short-lived, everything changes within moments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom