• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta’s Transfer Targets: Summer 2024

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Good, as long as you know this.

Dont try to sound too clever, when you dont have the full picture. Because it has the opposite effect ;)

You get touchy whenever your silly arguments get dismantled. Just read the nonsense you are writing. Your whole argument is we don’t have all the facts and oh he may change. You don’t know that.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
You get touchy whenever your silly arguments get dismantled. Just read the nonsense you are writing. Your whole argument is we don’t have all the facts and oh he may change. You don’t know that.

Dismantled?

Bro, if there is any dismantling, its your silly ideas.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
lol modern Arsenal looking like a @Mitch wet dream.

No wonder you guys are all in here w*nking.

An intelligent, technically gifted and creative cm that can pass a ball? Too right I'm all for this. Massive upgrade on Shartey.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Yeah agree with this. Ødegaard is criminally underrated here tbh and if he was out injured for any length of time maybe people would see what he brings. Although more likely we’d see people going “oh how crap is Arteta he can’t even deal with Ødegaard being injured even though he’s not even any good”…

Barella is more creative than people think btw. Most people just see the goals but he notches a lot of assists. This was all in one season:

He’s just a complete midfielder the same way Gundogan was. He can run, dribble, tackle, shoot, assist the lot. And he’s pretty 2 footed. ❤️

Did you happen to willfully forget that Italians travel poorly?

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Streets will never forget the best Italian to play in the Prem...

sport-preview-mannone.jpg

...also never knew his dad was Saddam Hussein, respect!

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Dismantled?

Bro, if there is any dismantling, its your silly ideas.

tenor.gif

I'm a bit late to the party but what do I care? :lol:

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
View attachment 21796

I'm a bit late to the party but what do I care? :lol:

@Rasmi and @SA Gunner is the biggest will they won’t they on AM. Rasmi is the highly strung high maintenance wife with perennially lofty expectations and SA gunner is the long suffering husband who keeps dreaming of a better future every time he gets into bed and closes his eyes but just sits in bed contemplating his choices every time he wakes up.

(Not speaking from experience btw 👀)

TheEliteMaster100_

Turns up only when we lose
We've been lucky that Ødegaard has not had any major injuries other than his concussion earlier this season.. we don't have a viable alternative in that position, it's important we sign an attacking midfielder this window, get someone game changing like Wirtz.

Honestly Sesko (project)might seem the best option, ahead of Zirkzee, I like Boniface a lot but those injuries are worrisome. Openda is too small for my liking and Lautaro Martinez despite having good ball striking option needs a strike partner to operate (Lukaku/Thuram/Dzeko)

I'd be happy with summer being like this

1. Y.Fofana (free, let go Jorginho/Partey/Elneny) - we need physical players, he is better than Onana
2. Wirtz (Sell Smith-Rowe/Vieira) - a generational playmaker can also play on the half-spaces
3. Zubimendi (best position is 6, rotate with Rice at 6 or play in double pivot)
4. Frimpong (we don't have a marauding fullback Ben white needs good rotation, Arteta is set on playing Timber at inverted LB, Tomiyasu can do a job in that position as a stationary LB, he's a better LB than RB, no more Zinchenko in big games.)
5. Sesko for £45-50 million - better option than overspending on Osimhen (injury prone and not clinical) and Toney (can't run in behind/no pace). - Vlahovic is injury prone too and isak too is injury prone (Newcastle FFP issues).
6. Neto/Nico Williams , relegate Jesus to Wing options and back up 9, Havertz relegated to bench option next season or sold in summer 25 (tuchel save us if he is still at bayern) - both Nico/Neto can play on both flanks

You can see I did not choose to sign a CB, because if we get Frimpong at RB and Timber is fit, Tomiyasu can slot in at CB, Timber can play CB, Ben White can play CB.

It's time Arteta spends money on our attack

Let go of the following players, time to sell/get rid( those with contract running our) and earn your job Edu

1. Lokonga
2. Tavares
3. Cedric
4. Partey
5. Jorginho
6. Elneny
7. Patino (sell, no point keeping him, Juve are interested, sell)
8. Smith Rowe
9. Nelson
10. Nketiah
11. Ramsdale

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
We've been lucky that Ødegaard has not had any major injuries other than his concussion earlier this season.. we don't have a viable alternative in that position, it's important we sign an attacking midfielder this window, get someone game changing like Wirtz.

Honestly Sesko (project)might seem the best option, ahead of Zirkzee, I like Boniface a lot but those injuries are worrisome. Openda is too small for my liking and Lautaro Martinez despite having good ball striking option needs a strike partner to operate (Lukaku/Thuram/Dzeko)

I'd be happy with summer being like this

1. Y.Fofana (free, let go Jorginho/Partey/Elneny) - we need physical players, he is better than Onana
2. Wirtz (Sell Smith-Rowe/Vieira) - a generational playmaker can also play on the half-spaces
3. Zubimendi (best position is 6, rotate with Rice at 6 or play in double pivot)
4. Frimpong (we don't have a marauding fullback, Arteta is set on playing Timber at inverted LB, Tomiyasu can do a job in that position as a stationary LB, no more Zinchenko in big games.
5. Sesko - better option than overspending on Osimhen (injury prone and not clinical)
6. Neto/Nico Williams , relegate Jesus to Wing options and back up 9, Havertz relegated to bench option next season or sold in summer 25 (tuchel save us if he is still at bayern) - both Nico/Neto can play on both flanks

You can see I did not choose to sign a CB, because if we get Frimpong at RB and Timber is fit, Tomiyasu can slot in at CB, Timber can play CB, Ben White can play CB.

It's time Arteta spends money on our attack.

Let go of the following players, time to sell and earn your job Edu

1. Lokonga
2. Tavares
3. Cedric
4. Partey
5. Jorginho
6. Elneny
7. Patino (sell, no point keeping him, Juve are interested, sell)
8. Smith Rowe
9. Nelson
10. Nketiah
11. Ramsdale

Good post. I think Williams + Zubi + Sesko would cost almost like Osimhen and would elevate our squad and first team.

Fofana for free is a good but it feels like we'll get Hato (not Frimpong). I'd bin Partey and Elneny, but leave Jorginho for one more season at least

That would be a 10/10 window for me.

Not sure who ever replaces Ødegaard, maybe just giving Nwaneri that deputy spot is the plan?

TheEliteMaster100_

Turns up only when we lose
Good post. I think Williams + Zubi + Sesko would cost almost like Osimhen and would elevate our squad and first team.

Fofana for free is a good but it feels like we'll get Hato (not Frimpong). I'd bin Partey and Elneny, but leave Jorginho for one more season at least

That would be a 10/10 window for me.

Not sure who ever replaces Ødegaard, maybe just giving Nwaneri that deputy spot is the plan?

It's not about replacing Ødegaard but giving him elite competition and rotations we don't have a good option in that right 8 position, Wirtz is a brilliant playmaker, I rather get him and kick out Vieira/ESR than letting him go to City.

Other than Rice and Ødegaard as it stands, we have no-one else that is great in this position. Don't count partey as that bum doesn't exist and Jorginho is good in certain circumstances (having Rice next to him to help hide his physical flaws and lack of athleticism).

I just miss having an attacking marauding fullback at Arsenal that can whip in crosses. We need to have different types of players for different circumstances, in Europe it's best being traditional.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
It's not about replacing Ødegaard but giving him elite competition and rotations we don't have a good option in that right 8 position, Wirtz is a brilliant playmaker, I rather get him and kick out Vieira/ESR than letting him go to City.

Other than Rice and Ødegaard as it stands, we have no-one else that is great in this position. Don't count partey as that bum doesn't exist and Jorginho is good in certain circumstances (having Rice next to him to help hide his physical flaws and lack of athleticism).

Agreed but Wirtz will cost a ton.

Top Bottom