• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta’s Transfer Targets: Summer 2024

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 1,315
  • Views 57,749

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

mr-burns-laughs-simpsons-burns.gif

Tom Mix

One player by himself will never guarantee you trophies but a rare talent can certainly increase your chances exponentially.

We keep hearing Mbappe is open to move to Arsenal and he's on a free - call his bluff. He is now considered to be the best player in the world so the stuff about breaking the wage structure can be satisfactorily dealt with. I can guarantee shirt and other sales would multiply and we'd get a whole new crop of fans overnight.

With Mbappe in the team we'd have won the league last season. With Mbappe in the team we'd be top of the league this season.

sub_sub

Mbappe’s entouage will flirt with clubs until he ends up committing to a new bumper contract with PSG. He is the biggest mercenary out there. Would not want him anywhere near the club, he goes completely against everything Arteta has been trying to create. In any case there is no way this deal will be financially viable for us to do, it is complete and utter fantasy.

TH14shahriar

A gentle soul
Mbappe’s entouage will flirt with clubs until he ends up committing to a new bumper contract with PSG. He is the biggest mercenary out there. Would not want him anywhere near the club, he goes completely against everything Arteta has been trying to create. In any case there is no way this deal will be financially viable for us to do, it is complete and utter fantasy.

What? I don't know what you're thinking here, for a player like Mbappe, you do everything you can if there's a possibility. Edu needs to get in touch with Adidas and Stan if he really wants to join us.

And I don't understand what you mean by "mercenary"? We have academy players who have done the same thing as Mbappe to get a better contract, all players do that, that's how business works. From what I've read about Mbappe, he's a good lad, but go read a bit about, for example, Toney, and you'll quickly see that the guy is a complete cun t.

sub_sub

What? I don't know what you're thinking here, for a player like Mbappe, you do everything you can if there's a possibility. Edu needs to get in touch with Adidas and Stan if he really wants to join us.

And I don't understand what you mean by "mercenary"? We have academy players who have done the same thing as Mbappe to get a better contract, all players do that, that's how business works. From what I've read about Mbappe, he's a good lad, but go read a bit about, for example, Toney, and you'll quickly see that the guy is a complete cun t.
Mbappe has had a couple of opportunities to join Real and instead he decided to stay at PSG because he loves money more than competing at the highest level. He will never be considered in the same bracket as Messi or Ronaldo because of this. He has fantastic ability but would destabilise the club. How would our top players feel when one player is earning 3-5 times as much as them and would be expected to be crowned King and call all the shots. We would be on a slippery slide road towards going back to having unsustainable wages and one massive ego in the team. We need to stick with recruiting players who fit into the culture IMO.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard

Signing a player like him will bring us titles tbf but understand what you mean.

Top Bottom