• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta’s Transfer Targets: Summer 2024

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 7,751
  • Views 402,891

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Watched a few mins oh Brobbey highlights and the goals he scores just seem like they'd never happen in the PL so it's impossible to judge

The defending looks amateur

Having said that, he looks nothing special and is called Brobbey so not for me thanks

Menard

Brobbey seems like he could fill Eddie's squad role, but I'm not having him coming here and starting over either Kai or Jesus any day of the week.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Watched a few mins oh Brobbey highlights and the goals he scores just seem like they'd never happen in the PL so it's impossible to judge

The defending looks amateur

Having said that, he looks nothing special and is called Brobbey so not for me thanks
Leipzeg bought him and sent him back 6 months later to Ajax as he was deemed trash

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

I’d feel a little stuck if I were Mikel and Edu.

There’s not many difference makers round Europe that are 1) available and 2) value for money.

Newcastle are saying they’d want £200M for Isak. Let’s be real, he would cost £120M or more. That’s off the table.

Leao would only go for his release clause of £150M, we won’t be doing that either.

So then you’ve got Sesko at £55M, in terms of squad building it’d be prudent to get him in and Nketiah out, but is it great for his development?

I think it’s going to be a difficult summer

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

Why are people dissing his name? It’s a Ghanaian name. If you know, you know

Every nation has both goofy and cool sounding names, especially when going across to other languages and how they sound/mean in those. Look at the Bijlow thread

Last edited:

North5

There’s not many difference makers round Europe that are 1) available and 2) value for money.

Newcastle are saying they’d want £200M for Isak. Let’s be real, he would cost £120M or more. That’s off the table.

Leao would only go for his release clause of £150M, we won’t be doing that either.

So then you’ve got Sesko at £55M, in terms of squad building it’d be prudent to get him in and Nketiah out, but is it great for his development?

Attacking talent ain't what it used to be

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Jobs fvcked mate tbf

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Don't feel any excitement for this window, partly because Arteta being defence first but since the game's been taken over by the new breed of stat nerd managers, raw attacking talent seems to have suffered.

Look at Leao, Isak, Gyokeres and Bruno all being quoted around 100M or above, it's like the default option for anyone coming off a good season.

Don't see how it's beneficial to anyone besides middle table teams that can give minutes to a nobody. Fans of clubs such as Newcastle are quick to blame PSR/FFP for keeping the top a closed shop, but the extortionate transfer fees are a major part.

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

I’m not that excited for this window, but not because of the lack of talent but because we’re basically a title winning squad already.

If it were 2 years ago and we were adding Gyokeres I’d be excited, because we badly needed better players. But now the improvements are so small it’s the season that’s bringing me excitement.

North5

We'll just end up over paying for Bruno, get in another LB and a CF. Winger will still be a big issue for use next season.

Hopefully I'm wrong

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
We'll just end up over paying for Bruno, get in another LB and a CF. Winger will still be a big issue for use next season.

Hopefully I'm wrong

An issue in what sense? Numbers or quality? If they sign a CF Jesus will get a lot of game time on the wings.

Iwobeast

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard

If there’d only be a way we can find our own Mané or Salah. Liverpool had quite some luck in their recruitment.

Arsenal Quotes

This is a big moment of happiness...we waited a long time for this and the happiness is linked sometimes with the suffering, and the time that you have to wait....this was more important than all the other (trophies) we have twice won the double, but were not under pressure then like we were today.

Arsène Wenger, on winning the 2014 FA Cup

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, June 18

Arsenal’s primary focus is strengthening their midfield, with the club leaning towards adding #6 due to having more options for this position in the market [Gunnerblog]

Arsenal will continue to follow Benjamin Šeško’s progress and maintain a relationship with the player [Gunnerblog]

Monaco midfielder Aleksandr Golovin says he would be open to joining Arsenal: “But if you move, then only to top clubs. PSG, Manchester City, Real Madrid. I would also say Arsenal, because I have always had sympathy for this club.” [TBR Football]

Latest posts

Top Bottom