• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta’s Transfer Targets: Summer 2024

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 7,607
  • Views 395,207

El Realista

Rashford for like 40M on something like 150k-175K paycut and I would give him the chance to wear the shirt. When the guy decides to play 100% he is excellent and better than Martinelli.

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

I find myself underwhelmed by ALL the names we've been linked with as they're either from the garbage end of the scale or too overpriced when they might appear to suit our needs.

This is going to be a miserable transfer window.

It’s not about signing spicy names that you look, it’s about backing the manager to get what he wants.

You’ve watched United for years sign spicy names and do nothing.

CannonBals

Rashford for like 40M on something like 150k-175K paycut and I would give him the chance to wear the shirt. When the guy decides to play 100% he is excellent and better than Martinelli.

And I would like Vini Jr for 60m. Neither is happening.

Rashford is on 350k and as we saw with Havertz, Rashford will need similar pay especially since he has still 4yrs to run on his contract.
This one should be a no-go from the very start.

6666Louis

Depending on price, I think Onana could be a smart pickup. Not necessarily as a starter. But a rotation player. A sub that comes on to close the game.

The way we defend, high pressure, high up the field, I think he's speed would fit. I think he could be used as well as an inverted full back.

He seems like a serious player, who will get better and better, nd he will get to a big club.

As we know, Arteta only buys technical passers – the question: Is Onana a good enough passer?

Kobi

I Know Who You Are
I find myself underwhelmed by ALL the names we've been linked with as they're either from the garbage end of the scale or too overpriced when they might appear to suit our needs.

This is going to be a miserable transfer window.

It isn’t even just the names we are linked with, even the ‘dream’ signings have huge question marks over them.
Frenkie DeJong 400k a week, injury prone, Barcelona fans don’t rate him, is he a six or an eight?
Osimhen looks clumsy, slightly injury prone, only done it in a league that makes Lukaku look like R9. Genuinely awful whenever I’ve seen him for Nigeria.
Bruno Guimaraes 100m and opinion seems to be divided as to whether he’s going to be press resistant or a sh*t Vinny Jones.
Neto’s got Reece James’ hamstrings, Nico Williams is on over 200k a week for a pretty raw prospect, Zubimendi looks underwhelming, Xavi Simons and Ødegaard is too lightweight, we’ve seen Rice doesn’t work as a lone six and Paqueta will be placing bets that he can lob Raya.
Even Olise is also hugely injury prone (and Eze) not sure what we’ll do to be honest, I thought it was just strikers but the whole market is pretty dead.
PED’s tedious robot ball appears to be killing any form of individual expression, creativity or originality.

LookingForEric

It isn’t even just the names we are linked with, even the ‘dream’ signings have huge question marks over them.
Frenkie DeJong 400k a week, injury prone, Barcelona fans don’t rate him, is he a six or an eight?
Osimhen looks clumsy, slightly injury prone, only done it in a league that makes Lukaku look like R9. Genuinely awful whenever I’ve seen him for Nigeria.
Bruno Guimaraes 100m and opinion seems to be divided as to whether he’s going to be press resistant or a sh*t Vinny Jones.
Neto’s got Reece James’ hamstrings, Nico Williams is on over 200k a week for a pretty raw prospect, Zubimendi looks underwhelming, Xavi Simons and Ødegaard is too lightweight, we’ve seen Rice doesn’t work as a lone six and Paqueta will be placing bets that he can lob Raya.
Even Olise is also hugely injury prone (and Eze) not sure what we’ll do to be honest, I thought it was just strikers but the whole market is pretty dead.
PED’s tedious robot ball appears to be killing any form of individual expression, creativity or originality.

Bro honestly you may as well just stop watching footy if nobody brings you enjoyment.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Quite liking Desire Doue, reminds me a bit of Hazard without the pace.

Black240

Depending on price, I think Onana could be a smart pickup. Not necessarily as a starter. But a rotation player. A sub that comes on to close the game.

The way we defend, high pressure, high up the field, I think he's speed would fit. I think he could be used as well as an inverted full back.

He seems like a serious player, who will get better and better, nd he will get to a big club.

As we know, Arteta only buys technical passers – the question: Is Onana a good enough passer?
I think he ticks lots of boxes.
  • Premier League experience
  • Young (22)
  • Huge - 6' 4"
  • A Belgium International, so no AFCON worries
  • Fast, with fantastic recovery pace. He eats up the ground when running.
  • Drives forward as per Declan
  • Dangerous with his leap / heading from set pieces
Also, Dyche has said Everton will likely have to sell players because of their financial problems. So this might be a cheap option too.

He looked good against us this year.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Not sure we know how to do cheap, we've literally given money to clubs for free players

Gn1212

ITK Police 👮
Nigel, Geoff, Mo, TNAT.
Mo is a waffler.
Geoff barely bothers with breaking stuff anymore.

TNAT said Bruno(priority currently), Neves(unlikely due to price), Onana and Frenkie are in the list.
Zubimendi is no longer under consideration because of Alonso.
Nigel has corroborated this.

LookingForEric

Nigel has goat sources btw, absolutely nails everything.

Our top 5 winger targets according to him (you can take it with a pinch of salt but we’re getting **** all else right now!)

Pedro Neto (favourite target but dropped off due to injury, still may go back in with a cut price offer)
Nusa
Adeyemi
Leroy Sane
Mitoma

All have one thing in common, PACEEEE

Arsenal Quotes

Don’t be scared to be ambitious. It’s not a humiliation to have a high target and to fail. For me, the real humiliation is to have a target and not to give everything to reach it.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Monday, June 17

Arsenal will demand £20m to sell Jakub Kiwior - a fee Juventus cannot afford [Daily Mirror]

Arsenal will attempt to sign Napoli striker Victor Osimhen in the coming days, but for an amount less than his release clause [RaiSport]

Arsenal only value Osimhen at €75, half his release clause [Radio Kiss Kiss Napoli]

Latest posts

Top Bottom